300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is the secret service written test

I contacted a recruiter and was given a study guide. For the most part I did good, but what threw me off was figural reasoning. Basically you see 4 patterns and guess what the next one will be. It was much harder than I thought. I answed the first 5 correctly, although it took me entirely too long. I had a friend give me a suggestion to half guess what feels right and half figure it out. I was right on the 2 last questions, but I feel like I may have been completely lucky.

That portion kind of shot my confidence, I'm not sure I could do well on a timed test of that? Any tips or advice on that portion? And what are your thoughts on the overall test? And what can I do to prepare (background, I'm a cop and finishing my degree) thank you

If you can’t ace the study guide questions...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Those kinds of questions are pretty common in LE tests...I've seen them many times on various levels of tests. They're logic puzzles frequently designed to gauge "intelligence" (that is, measured IQ) without depending on learned skills like math or language. While I've never taken the Secret Service's test specifically, I have taken a federal-level LE test and I think you should be grateful...the test I took has a whole section of math, including things like fractions (which I hadn't done since sometime around junior high).

If you want to practice them, they're also very common on online IQ tests.
      Last edited by Bing_Oh; 03-14-2019, 10:31 PM.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya, I took the postal police exam and I thought I was good at math...until youre timed and have to do long division

Bing_Oh I passed all the questions, but took to long, if I do some practice ones online , is this the sort of thing you can get better at with practice?

Comment

• Bing_Oh
        Bing_Oh commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say you can get better at anything with practice. Of course, there's no guarantee that it would help, but it's unlikely to hurt you, either.

Are you talking about the Uniformed Division exam or the TEA Exam for Special Agent?

The TEA Exam was the hardest written test I've ever taken. I passed it twice. Not sure how.
      Originally posted by RSGSRT
      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
        Are you talking about the Uniformed Division exam or the TEA Exam for Special Agent?

The TEA Exam was the hardest written test I've ever taken. I passed it twice. Not sure how.
        Uniform division

Comment

• ForzaMilan
          ForzaMilan commented
          Editing a comment
          USSS SA no longer uses the TEA; I concur that it was the hardest LE test I have taken.

As for UD, they were using the POST exam as of 5 years ago. I guess they have changed it?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10846 users online. 482 members and 10364 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X