300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Mechanics

Ok maybe this is a retarded question, but I had a couple of basic questions about how some of the simple things at the Police Academy work...

I know that (here at least) every morning is PT. Do you ever spend all day just doing physical stuff, or is it like university where the PT has a set cutoff, and you go to a class for x amount of hours, and then another class for y amount?

Most importantly.... do they let you shower in between? After only running 2 miles, I become what I would describe as "a disgustingly sweaty human being", I can handle not showering, but I don't know that the people around me could handle it...?

Also, do they give you a break to eat at all (ie do you break for 20 minutes so everyone can scarf down something they brought)?

Like I said, just some basic stuff.

no, you going to get smoked all day some days until they get a few people to quit

you get sprayed with a fire hose alot so a shower isnt really a issue, and youll be in the surfzone getting smoked anyway..

no food allowed in the academy, violations get immediate expulsion from training.

wait.. you didnt say Navy Seal training did you...lol
    Last edited by stangfather; 04-27-2007, 12:49 PM.
    The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

My academy is 6 hours of classroom and 2 hours of PT/DT each day. Classes might be 1-4 hours long (like 7-11 AM is X class, 11-Noon lunch, 12-2 PM is Y class, 2-4 PT/DT)

Some classes have PT/DT in the morning so they shower between it and class (they still only get ten minutes to shower and change though) whereas my PT/DT is the last thing of the day so I go home in PT gear and shower there.

We get 10 minute breaks each hour of class time although sometimes these are cut short by announcements or push-ups. We also push at formation each morning and after lunch. More push-ups during the day if we screw up. Lunch is 40 minutes. The law says they have to give us a 30 minute lunch break at least. I keep lots of small snacks like fruit cups and yogurt shakes to scarf down on the ten minute breaks in the morning.

If you sweat a lot, make sure to have 2 PT tee-shirts with you all the time so if you have the time you can change out of a sweaty shirt between things like running and tactics. One guy in my class goes through 3 tee-shirts in 2 hours, they are soaked like he fell in a pool.

Comment

Hm, good idea on the two shirt thing... Thanks for the reply, that's what I was lookin for !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2730 users online. 149 members and 2581 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X