300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
    However, someone working that way isn't going to have a sign out front that someone can walk in off the street.
    Actually, most of the places EXCEPT the one they were at had a sign. This was taken from the original posted article:

Legitimate massage parlors operate in the same area, but most of those have signs, Logue said.
    Lots of small businesses operate with nothing more than a small sign in front of a house, especially in older parts of town.

Personally I think the pair probably knew what they were up to.

Do I think it's immoral? No. Do I think a case could be proven against them? No.

Comment

I'm sure there are some who can't get a license for reasons unrelated to ability. Illegals, those on the run from child support etc. Thus a lack of a license doesn't preclude someone being on the up-and-up, although it certainly suggests it.
      All of the things you mentioned meet my criteria of not being on the "up-and-up."

While I wouldn't expect funny business in the massage it seems to me that it's an unfair perk for the board people. I think it would be better of they massaged each other while being observed by the licensing board.
      My understanding is that there was usually only one applicant going for licensing at a time. The board was a group of massage therapists and other community members who were either unpaid or paid a token amount. Beyond that, I have to assume that the process was working for them. At that time, the "massage parlor" business was fairly rare in that city. The professional massage therapists worked for health clubs and physical therapy clinics, mostly.

There still is the greater issue that given the volume implied in the news report that this wasn't massage with a happy ending but an out-and-out brothel.
      That's exactly what most "massage parlors" are.
      Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
        All of the things you mentioned meet my criteria of not being on the "up-and-up."
        Ok, terminology problem. I'm saying that such people might offer only massage and yet not have a license.

My understanding is that there was usually only one applicant going for licensing at a time. The board was a group of massage therapists and other community members who were either unpaid or paid a token amount. Beyond that, I have to assume that the process was working for them. At that time, the "massage parlor" business was fairly rare in that city. The professional massage therapists worked for health clubs and physical therapy clinics, mostly.
        Maybe a long time ago. I know that here in Las Vegas at least one time there were hundreds taking the exam. (I heard this from someone who was taking it.)

That's exactly what most "massage parlors" are.
        I thought most of them offered massage and maybe extras. I'm saying these places almost certainly didn't even offer massage, just sex.

Comment

So, if this happened to a regular deputy or rank and file person (I'm not an LEO, don't know the right term to use), would he be able to keep his job if he was caught in such a raid?

Geesh, if you're going to do something like that, at least plan it well. I read they were there on their personal time, they believed it was a legit place even though it was in a residential area with no signage, they were just being horny middle-aged men in Vegas. What happened to all those years of experience under their belts about questionable places? bleeeh...
          Last edited by JBean; 05-05-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Ummm...if they were that hard up for it (pun), why didn't they just drive to a legal brothel?

Comment

the sheriffs dept. played the story wrong.

the dept should have said the cops were working an undercover sting.
              the two officers should have been reprimanded in private.

my opinion of course.

Comment

ON a lighter side of this story,

did anyone ever see the episode of Reno 911! where ( forgive me here) the short-shorts wearing Lt. and the idiot who wheres his vest on the oustide of his clothes go to a place liek that for a "sting operation" and the next thing you see is them running out of the "establishment" butt naked shooting at a car?

Just wondering,

Comment

It cracks me up that these two guys could have gone to a legal brothel with no problems at all..I mean, what's the story here?..this story is like they went into a bar without a liquor license and ordered an alcoholic drink! Would anyone here have a problem if they were seen going into a legal brothel?? Ok,,morally wrong (I guess).
                  "Disco's Out, Murder's In" -Man, ain't that the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by InlandEmpire View Post
                    IWould anyone here have a problem if they were seen going into a legal brothel?? Ok,,morally wrong (I guess).
                    One of the questions I have seen on background forms, and one that is asked of blood donors, is "Have you ever paid someone for sex?" or "Have you ever patronized a prostitute?" If you've been a customer at a brothel, even a legal one, the answer to both questions would be "yes." It would be a problem some places, and others wouldn't care. But I don't think I would like to be in the position of having to say, "Yes, but let me explain..."

Cops, especially cops in high-profile assignments, can't afford to risk even the appearance of impropriety. Perception is reality where your public image is concerned.
                    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

That would be embarrassing to explain
                      "Disco's Out, Murder's In" -Man, ain't that the truth!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3191 users online. 166 members and 3025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X