300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 19 Magazine Extensions?

I am a new reserve deputy in a small rural community. My duty weapon is a Glock 19. I chose it because I can also carry it concealed when I am not on duty.
    I am looking for a way to increase my magazine capacity while working. The Glock 19 magazines carry 15 rounds, and I carry the-one-in-the-gun plus two on my belt. I was wondering if there were any way to increase the amount of ammunition I can carry without changing weapons or compromising reliability. Would using magazine base plate extensions be reliable enough? What about carrying Glock 17 magazines? I know there are a lot of experienced officers here. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

I would recommend talking to your firearms instructor/armorer to find out what’s within your agencies firearms policy.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

You can always carry more mags on your person if you are that worried. Im sure you can find some space for another mag holster. Lets just say that I carry more the issued amount of mags on my person. I got a lot of space on a 44 inch waist.

Comment

Glock has 2 round magazine extensions. Not a fan of those, I've seen guys twist them off in the tight confines of the front seat. You could use a Glock 17 mag. Ever think about the new 19x/ Glock 45?
        Last edited by phillyrube; 01-23-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I carry a G19 as an off duty gun in cooler weather and I have a +2 magazine extensions from Falkour Defense on all my carry magazines. I've been using them since July and they've worked well so far.

I'd check with your agency rangemaster to see what modifications are permissible by policy. Carrying another magazine is always an option.

Comment

Glock makes a 33rd magazine for the G18. Depending on what exactly you're looking for, they might fit your need.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12184 users online. 399 members and 11785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X