300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question gentlemen and ladies??

can a job offer be taken back before your polygraph results come back?

That's a very unspecific question...
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

You can be dropped at ANY time in the process.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by KingdomMan954 View Post
        can a job offer be taken back before your polygraph results come back?
        The "offer" you were given was a CONDITIONAL Offer. That Conditional offer can be rescinded at any time .

We had an officer given a final offer and was scheduled to begin work in 2 weeks. It was found out between the time of his final offer and the time he was to have his employment physical that he had lied on his application and in his interview.

His appointment for the physical was changed to an administrative interview where he was told that his offer of employment was canceled after he admitted that the new information was true.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Wow that sucks. I just don’t understand what happened in my situation. The polygraph examiner told me I did good so my poly should be good. Day before the sheriff gets suspended I get a letter saying they went with a more qualified applicant. Shouldn’t I be able to apply again?

Comment

Yes you can reapply! But why? Apply to other agencies until one hires you.
            I've never had good luck with employers that didn't hire me the first time around. That's just been my experience.

Comment

The Poly doesn’t decide to hire you. They always say you’ve done well. It’s the BI IN TOTAL. You failed a portion and they decided to DQ you.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Unless they told you not to apply again. Sometimes people get hired on their second try.

Comment

Per the letter you received, they went with a more qualified applicant. What do you not understand? You were not DQ'd, just not selected.

Comment

My buddy was welcomed to the force with a handshake shortly after his oral review board, but he was let go after failing the color vision test. You are gone when they want you gone, but you can appeal if you want to. He didn't, and got a job in federal prisons until he and his wife got into nursing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11446 users online. 337 members and 11109 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X