300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop killer goes free

It's a sad state what our justice system has become.

A Quebec man accused of killing a Laval police officer was granted bail Monday with strict conditions.

Basil Parasiris, 41, was granted $200,000 bail and must respect a 7 p.m. ET curfew, and live with his parents during his trial.

Quebec court Judge Jean-Guy Boilard also ordered the father of two to turn over his passport.

Parasiris' lawyer Frank Pappas said his client is expected to be released in a couple of days.

Parasiris faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of Laval police officer Daniel Tessier, who died during a predawn drug raid on March 2.

He also faces several weapons charges and a count of attempted murder after Tessier's partner St?phane Forbes was shot in the arm.

Parasiris claims he thought his family was being robbed when police swarmed his home on a quiet suburban street in Brossard, on Montreal's South Shore.

Police targeted the home in a year-long investigation into a drug trafficking ring that allegedly operated in Brossard and Laval.

Character witnesses told the court Parasiris is a good and kind family man.

His sister Crisa, 28, described her brother as a "very warm, very generous person" who was "honest and down to earth."

With files from the Canadian Press

Of course he's a decent guy. Drug dealing cop killers are people too you know!

Hmm, a little more to it than that.
    I am puzzled how 9 police officers could not subdue one guy. How it is that the suspect failed to notice people shouting "police." If a bunch of people were rushing into my house I'd probably shoot at them too. I note that one officer accidentally shot another during the course of this and police had poor information. These are risks you take with a no-knock warrant.

Comment

Gotta love Canada's justice system.....it needs to change, and needs to change NOW. Like that kid that dragged that gas station attendant over 5 kilometers. He got his sentence reduced two years. Not intending to sound racist in the least, because I am not, but I think it's disgusting that they played the "Aboriginal" card and that he had a "difficult upbringing and non-present parents" ......let me tell you if a white guy killed that gas station attendant, he would get all the years he was originally sentenced to, even if they tried the "difficult upbringing" card. Racism goes both ways, and I think that the way that case was handled was racist. But seriously our justice system sucks and it does need to change.
      Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi
        I am puzzled how 9 police officers could not subdue one guy. How it is that the suspect failed to notice people shouting "police." If a bunch of people were rushing into my house I'd probably shoot at them too. I note that one officer accidentally shot another during the course of this and police had poor information. These are risks you take with a no-knock warrant.
        No knock means, no knock. Police search warrant is yelled as the door is being breached or immediately after. As for 9 people being unable to subdue a suspect, I wasn't there. However, if nine people were in attendance during the execution of the warrant, I can assure you this much, 9 people can't fit through a hallway, or a door together. Most apartments, and houses, have multiple rooms, which posses significant officer safety issues. So, not all 9 officers would have directly been engaged with the suspect.

The very fact that at least two police officers were shot, and the suspect wasn't killed, speaks volumes about their professionalism. (though some may argue that)

And the "scumbag" probably heard the police yelling "police", but his even bigger scumbag lawyer, who is probably outright lying, convinced an even bigger scumbag judge to believe him.

Welcome to Canada's more that broke, legal system. (I can't in good faith even refer to it as a justice system)

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi View Post
          I didn't realize you were one of the 9 there, having known all the details.

Would you run in with 8 of your buddies to subdue 1 guy with a gun? Gimme a break.

Seeing as the police had been watching him for over a year, I'd hardly discredit their information.

The very fact that at least two police officers were shot, and the suspect wasn't killed, speaks volumes about their professionalism. (though some may argue that)
          The fact that he wasn't killed definitely says a lot about the people there. Especially when you consider it wasn't too long ago they lost another on those "routine" type calls.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which angle you look at it from, I hardly think it is even remotely acceptable to even consider releasing a person who has killed a cop. Period.
          Last edited by Mirrain; 04-25-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirrain View Post
            Seeing as the police had been watching him for over a year, I'd hardly discredit their information.
            How did they manage to watch him for over a year and fail to notice he had a daughter?

Comment

.....and this is relevent because.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mirrain View Post
                .....and this is relevent because.....
                It is relevant to the quality of their police work that they claim to have watched him for a year but still didnt know basic facts like how many children he had.
                Also that they would get a no-knock warrant, which is inherently a riskier proposition (as they found out) and go in on a raid not knowing the basic layout of the house and who was likely to be there.

Comment

From: http://www.canadiancontent.net/commtr/article_831.html

During the fatal raid on the Parasiris home in March, police collected four loaded handguns, as well as a small amount of drugs and cash. According to reports, the 357-magnum handgun allegedly used by Parasiris to shoot the officers was legally registered.
                  (Start silly dimwit voice)Now, I don't know nothin' from nothin' being just a lowly little ol' Jane Q. Public, non-cop, woman of U.S. of A and all (end voice), but seems to me that this is the EXACT type of situation that would warrant a no-knock. Four -1...2...3...4!!!!- freaking LOADED handguns?!?!? Sounds to me like this muckraker of the gene pool wasn't going to go down in anything less than a blaze of glory. If the cops would have knocked on the door and said "Mr. Scmumbag... the Canadan Constables here, we are executing this fine little search warrant, please step aside so we may to do our dutes?" the most likely scenartio ends with one or more officers down while Pistol Pete grabs another gun.

Be safe out there boys in blue, there is no such thing as a routine ANYTHING.
                  R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                  I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

If you knew anything about L.E. you'd understand that Police officers are not some armed uber DEATH squad. Police tactics in subduing suspects are planned to be the least physically injurious to the suspect,all the while the suspect can use whatever force he or she deems necessary to do harm to officers.And "if" you were a lousy,scum bag,drug dealing cop killer,you'd EXPECT people in UNIFORM to be coming to your door-knock or No knock,the situation is dangerous,and human error is always present.There are times when surveillance cannot be totally perfect.just happens that way..
                    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Sorry, but if you're asking for a no-knock warrant then you should be expecting the worst, like armed resistence, and prepare for it accordingly. They clearly didnt do that. Additionally their intelligence stank, as did their preparation and trade craft.
                      As for his having 4 loaded handguns, I guess that makes me a scumbag drug dealer too since I have about 6 loaded handguns plus a loaded shotgun sitting around.
                      And if police officers stage a no-knock raid on my house, like they did on that poor woman in Atlanta, they had better be prepared to take some casualties. No-knocks are asking for trouble.

Comment

Sorry, but if you're asking for a no-knock warrant then you should be expecting the worst, like armed resistence, and prepare for it accordingly. They clearly didnt do that. Additionally their intelligence stank, as did their preparation and trade craft.
                        As for his having 4 loaded handguns, I guess that makes me a scumbag drug dealer too since I have about 6 loaded handguns plus a loaded shotgun sitting around.
                        And if police officers stage a no-knock raid on my house, like they did on that poor woman in Atlanta, they had better be prepared to take some casualties. No-knocks are asking for trouble.
                        Rabbi, it's no secret judging from several of your posts around here that you are anti law enforcement...taking any opportunity to try and slam the police. With respect to your comment about how we should expect armed resistence, what would your solution be? Go in with guns blazing because there is the inherent risk of weapons inside? I hardly think that is a reasonable solution or the mandate set out by police to preserve public safety. That type of attitude would only increase the "victims" shot by police.

The point of this thread was that people charged for murdering cops should not be released on bail. Are you seriously suggesting the courts should?

The fact that the news does not report the police knowledge about his daughter hardly suggests they didn't know. I still don't see what relevance it has to this at all, none. Nor have you cited any sources indicating directly from the police that they were ignorant to how many family members he had. I hardly believe that there are many news agencies out there that are going to publish every redundant detail.

Comment

It is interesting that legitimate criticism of obviously botched operations gets labeled "anti-LEO". I find that disturbing, to say the least.
                          I would hardly call the operation a success. I doubt anyone would.
                          Nor would I label the accused a "cop-killer." He was, if anything an "intruder killer." I am all for intruder killers. If the cops had announced themselves properly and he had still shot them, yes I would be violently opposed to anything short of a very very long jail sentence. But, as the magistrate in the case explained, this is hardly a normal cop killing.
                          It is still too early to judge much of what happened. I am sure the trial and subsequent events will reveal much more. I might even change my mind on the whole issue depending on what information comes out. Will you?

Comment

It is interesting that legitimate criticism of obviously botched operations gets labeled "anti-LEO". I find that disturbing, to say the least.
                            I would hardly call the operation a success. I doubt anyone would.
                            Nor would I label the accused a "cop-killer." He was, if anything an "intruder killer." I am all for intruder killers. If the cops had announced themselves properly and he had still shot them, yes I would be violently opposed to anything short of a very very long jail sentence. But, as the magistrate in the case explained, this is hardly a normal cop killing.
                            It is still too early to judge much of what happened. I am sure the trial and subsequent events will reveal much more. I might even change my mind on the whole issue depending on what information comes out. Will you?

I agree, I wouldn't call the operation a success. The reason is that the dope dealing scum sucking bottom feeding parasite is walking around and a fine officer of the law is dead. These officers were "intruders" and the no-knock warrant gave them the legal right to be intruders. For their safety, I am quite sure that as they made entry or shortly after clearing the door, they were screaming "Police, search warrant" at the top of their lungs. Thats the way its done, but then again, it appears that you wouldn't know that.
                            "Do unto others before they can do unto you", Fred G. Sanford

Comment

Either way, the judge made a huge error in judgment and should be removed from the bench.

In Canada, you don't have the right to have a loaded gun in your home. And you also don't have the right to shoot people that break into your house. The ONLY time you are allowed to use lethal force is if there is an immediate threat of grevious bodily harm or death.

A no knock warrant, means that there is no knock and the door is breached. It doesn't mean that the police silently running around the house point their guns at people and "signing" to the get on the ground.

The door gets booted or rammed, and then the yelling of POLICE starts.

By Canadian law, he would have had a hard time justifying shoot home invaders let alone the police.

It's disgusting, and there is no defending it by Canadian standards. (The very standards idiot judges like this clown help set)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3709 users online. 235 members and 3474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X