Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is why people on both sides don’t trust politicians.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I guess we can "what if" that worst-case scenarios, but it's highly unlikely that this shutdown is going to drag out for months, let alone years. The whole thing is a game of political chicken...Thump promised a border wall and said that he's gonna get it funded, while the Democrats are back in control of the Senate and have said they're not funding jack. The reality is, its not as much about the wall as it is about getting the other political party to blink and declare "victory."

The thing about chicken is, if neither one swerves, there's gotta be a crash. Most of those politicians in Congress don't want the "crash"...there comes a point that people get sick of party politics (especially when it starts to effect the people directly), and that means they get mad at their politicians. People who are mad at their politicians have this unpleasant tendency to vote them out of office, and we all know that being in those seats of power with their big paychecks and aides kissing their derrieres is the most important thing for any politician.

No, we'll start to see the more moderate members of both parties taking about compromise very openly and very soon. Before too long, it will reach a critical mass and a compromise funding bill will pass and both sides will say that they "won" and we'll be back to usual in Washington.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        *** Dems are in charge of the House not the Senate*****

Originally posted by RGDS View Post

Isn’t that the 21 Century version of “let them eat cake”....
      Speaking of eating, this morning I went and got groceries for the week. In the meat aisle, there's a small section where they pile packages that should've sold yesterday. Everything is half off and sometimes you can find a half-decent steak for immediate grilling, but mostly it's brown hamburger and chicken bordering on rancid. My thought as I passed by: this pile might become one of those "adjustments."

I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

Speaking of eating, this morning I went and got groceries for the week. In the meat aisle, there's a small section where they pile packages that should've sold yesterday. Everything is half off and sometimes you can find a half-decent steak for immediate grilling, but mostly it's brown hamburger and chicken bordering on rancid. My thought as I passed by: this pile might become one of those "adjustments."
        I normally buy this stuff................about 1/2 off of normal price and yep you need to either use or freeze by the next day or so.

I do this because the meat is cheap BUT still "good". Having a brother in law that worked as a Safeway butcher for 20 some years who described the difference between "best if used by" and "use by" I have absolutely no problem with cooking a piece of steak that is a bit brown or brown hamburger. One sniff when I am packaging it and you know if it is good or not. (HINT.......in the last 15 yrs of buying this stuff I have never got a bad piece of meat)

We have a "mom & pop" grocery store that is really proud of it's meat counter selling only Angus beef. He is EXPENSIVE on the steaks. I normally buy the sale meat there at 1/2 price................which makes it about the cost of the same meat that is not Angus at the Walmart . (HINT Walmart sells their meat the same way when they need to get rid of it)

NOW I normally GRILL my steaks which makes cooking it better

I have a pretty good freezer and a heavy duty vacuum seal machine so I ALWAYS have steak, chops and roasts in the basement ready to thaw.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          Now all I can think of is steak for dinner. We need a meat spin-off thread.

• Iowa #1603
          Iowa #1603 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last night we had an arm roast . Put it in the crock pot about 1pm and added potatoes about 4. Went to 4H with the grandson and when we got home at 6 we were ready to eat

Getting some boneless pork chops out of the freezer to thaw this morning for supper tonight!!!

• Pogue Mahone
          Pogue Mahone commented
          Editing a comment
          Arm rm roasts & rump roasts are the best!

Sincerely,
          Jeffrey Dahmer

I have absolutely no problem with cooking a piece of steak that is a bit brown or brown hamburger
        Experiences may vary. I recently bought a package of expired shaved roast beef that was a little on the brown side but didn't seem too funky. Boy, did it ever cause some damage....

2ef34z1122.jpg
        I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

I'll solve Trump's funding issue. I'll also make Mexico pay for it.

Trump is hanging tight with the wrong bunch of the immigration crowd.

What Trump ought to do is snuggle up to OFO.
          OFO is the second largest revenue generator in the federal government... collecting tens of billions each year for the government coffers.

Sweet-talk NTEU(OFO's union) into going along with a plan that places user fees/fines/penalties/etc. on every person, every vehicle, every transaction, seizure, etc. that crosses into/out of the US. Convince Canada to play along with revenue-sharing. Collect billions of additional revenue. Have said revenue legislatively directed to funding border improvements, like the wall. Bribe OFO employees with sufficient treats to entice them to play along...things like modernized ports, policy changes and a journeyman pay upgrade.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12689 users online. 476 members and 12213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X