Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...How's it feel when CNN says you can't shoot?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...How's it feel when CNN says you can't shoot?

Did anyone watch the CNN Paula Zahn special tonight, with the University of Utah students who are allowed to carry weapons on campus? Paula did an interview with them (mediocre at best) and then followed up with what she called a "debate" but more of a "Paula's viewpoint" on the issue. She had a very liberal anti-gun group spokesperson beside her, and had a live feed from Texas with a woman who is one of the largest ccw advocates in this country and a great speaker. Anyways, the very liberal anti-gun woman came out with this gem: Statistics show that Police Officers have only a 20% accuracy rate in the line of duty. Which is a COMPLETE lie, and reaffirms the new name for CNN: Communist News Network.

I heard that CNN has a 20% accuracy rate at reporting the news...
    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by aikido kid
      I heard that CNN has a 20% accuracy rate at reporting the news...
      haha. for any of you who are actually interested in this legislature of allowing more states to let ccw permit holders carry on campus, check out www.concealedcampus.com , also, the woman from texas they interviewed is Rep. Hupp , here is her website for anyone interested.
      http://www.suzannahupp.com/biography.htm

Comment

What is the actual figure? How did they arrive at that?

Comment

At the last firearms class I took about 2 months ago the instructor quoted a study that indicated the national average of shots fired by LEOs in the line of duty only hit their intended target 17% of the time.

Of course he pointed this study out to stress the importance of good quality practice and training. What was the anti-gun libs point in the CNN story?
          Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

in training, i was told that it's whatever you shoot at the range, divided by 2. technically, this means everyone is at least getting 35% of their rounds on target. i wonder if their 20% figure took into account surpressing/cover fire. think of the north hollywood shoot out and how many rounds went off there...
            The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.

Comment

"... in gunfighting with actual criminals, the average police officer effectiveness is at the level of 17% proficiency. .."

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/205/205lect02a.htm

The above information comes from training material called "POLICE GUNFIGHTING" (see link).

Don't allow your experiences in the movies and on television to sway the truth about LEO shootings. There is a misconception that officers hit what they shoot at - in fact, they do not!!! Neither does the soldier in combat!
              For every suspect successfully taken down, there are numbers of rounds fired that miss their target. That is why you constantly hear of officer involved shootings where multiple rounds were fired by many officers and the suspect was hit only once or twice.

Practice and training are insufficient in today's agencies and the mindset of the individuals involved is oft-times swayed by the fight/flight response.

When it happens, most officers cannot believe they are under fire and take a bit too long to return fire - even fractions of seconds - and that can prove to be fatal.

This is a long debated subject and I opine it will continue to be so for years to come.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

It doesn't help that current doctrine in many places is to "empty the mag" or "shoot to the ground." Granted, I dont know a specific dept that teaches it, but it is prevalent at the shooting schools so only a matter of time before it makes its way into police training.
                Incidentally, my understanding is that when police switched from revolvers to semis the hit ratio went up.

Comment

The actual figure is 40% accuracy, it was measured by a study done over several years through the Univ. of South Carolina.

Comment

I would have to see the study. Forty percent sounds very very high to me for anyone, given the situations that involve shootings.

Comment

I'll see what I can do on finding the study, I was looking at the link last night.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP
                        "... in gunfighting with actual criminals, the average police officer effectiveness is at the level of 17% proficiency. .."

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/205/205lect02a.htm

The above information comes from training material called "POLICE GUNFIGHTING" (see link).
                        That's an excellent article, btw. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi
                          That's an excellent article, btw. Thanks for posting it.
                          You are welcome! I am happy that you found it interesting and informative.
                          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP
                            "
                            There is a misconception that officers hit what they shoot at - in fact, they do not!!! Neither does the soldier in combat!
                            For example it is estimated that it took around 52 THOUSAND rounds to kill one VC in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushum
                              For example it is estimated that it took around 52 THOUSAND rounds to kill one VC in Vietnam.
                              Back in Vietnam they also had fully automatic rifles, dont have that anymore, so todays rounds counts are much more tame I would imagine....though still not one shot one kill!
                              "A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living".
                              John F Kennedy, US

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3794 users online. 275 members and 3519 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X