300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relocating to finish degree?

Right now I'm located in Charlotte, NC. After a lot of thinking I want to go back to school and finish my CJ degree. I have 15 hours under my belt.

Before I moved to Charlotte I was a dispatcher for a PD and FD in Arkansas. I moved to Charlotte from Little Rock, AR about 7 months ago. I moved to get into racing and to do some pit crew work but after a lot of thought I believe I'm being led back to law enforcement. I could go back to college in Charlotte and the advantage to that would be I qualify for in state tuition by the time fall semester starts.

I used to live in Florida when I was younger and loved every minute of it...I really want to go back there but I don't know about any local colleges and how their criminal justice programs are. Not to mention the fact that I'd be paying a LOT more tuition unless I waited a year to go back to school.

I'm kind of at a crossroads and don't really have anything holding me to Charlotte or anywhere else for that matter.

I'd like to find a university with a great Criminal Justice dept to finish my degree at. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police has a cadet program that allows you to work for the department as a cadet and they assist you with tuition. I don't know what other departments throughout offer this program and how strong of programs they have.

I just kind of want some input from you guys as to what you guys would do.
    Last edited by Mays; 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM.

With the explosion of distance learning programs, there's no need to relocate to finish your degree. There are dozens and dozens of colleges & universities where you can complete your degree without ever setting foot on campus.

Check out this site for more information;

http://forums.degreeinfo.com/
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

If you are in Little Rock, Pulaski Tech has excellent programs. www.pulaskitech.edu / UALR costs more but can take you from AA in CJ to Phd. in public policy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4310 users online. 257 members and 4053 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X