Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDS
    replied
    Once had an idiot LEO on a local TV segment showing the public how our level three holsters work. How's that for idiocy?

Leave a comment:

• JSD73
    replied
    To be completely honest, the one who was very honest about screwing up is the one I let go. Pulled one over for running a red light right in front of me...first thing he said was "Officer, I'm a complete dumb*****, and my head was right up my ***** on that one, I'm so sorry for running the red light." I checked him and let him go. Honesty works with me. It's the "what the hell you stop me for" or "I didn't run that red light, you're just pickin' on me" are the ones who get the STROKE!

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    People like this are just more evidence that in America, responsibility is becoming a thing of the past.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Will View Post
    The one excuse that worked for me was "Sir, Im about to crap in my pants, Im heading to the nearest rest stop"
    That one never worked on me. "I can write really fast, if you need me to."

Leave a comment:

• OCSO Cadet 07
    replied
    Holy Crap!

Hey genius! WAY TO GO! really its not like officers are on this website or anything. Just sayin!

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    I did actually let one person go because as I stood there talking to them I could smell the distinct odor of poopy coming from their vehicle. It was not pleasent, a 34 in a 25 is not worth that. HAHA

Leave a comment:

• sryan
    replied
    If I ever get pulled over for speeding, my plan has always been to say I have no excuse, other than I wanted to get there faster, and be apologetic. (without being flippant) How would that go over?

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    What we learned in Driver's Ed way back when was three things; never give the Officer some corny excuse(they have heard so many as it is), never try to bribe your way out of a ticket, like slipping a $10 or $20 out under your license, and above all, never challenge the Officer's intelligence or observation. If you think he is wrong, take it to traffic court!

If you cooperate and keep civil, the Officer may let you off with just a warning. But the best way to avoid a ticket is to drive within the scope of the law in the first place! Simple as that.

Some kook ever tried to tell me he was about to crap his pants; I'd tell him he's going to have more than just that to deal with if he keeps driving recklessly(a bigger mess, for one).

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    Originally posted by normal1 View Post
    Doesn't rescheduling just give the Officer some O.T.?
    Sure does. The rescheduling trick is an old wives tale. Even if the cop is on vacation, the court should be notified by the PD and reschedule when he's back.

The ONLY valid argument made by the guy is getting all the paperwork with valid dates on it. Even so, regarding RADAR- in NJ, the unit is a BACKUP to MY estimate of speed. You don't need a radar unit to write a speeding ticket. My eyes are never "out of date" or need a calibration.

Leave a comment:

• normal1
    replied
    Doesn't rescheduling just give the Officer some O.T.?

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    This type of crap just gives me more incentive to write tickets.

Leave a comment:

• 99TAC
    replied
    hehe, they want you to reschedule your hearing in hopes the officer won't show up. It seems to be an age old tale, but I know that if I failed to appear for one of my summary hearings, I just might be looking for a new job.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    I love it...

"You have to be able to confront your accuser in a criminal trial..."

Okay, that's true...but when did traffic tickets get taken to a criminal trial?

More importantly than that, when did a traffic citation get bumped from a civil infraction to a criminal charge?

What an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Big Will
    replied
    The one excuse that worked for me was "Sir, Im about to crap in my pants, Im heading to the nearest rest stop"

Leave a comment:

• ksadek
    replied
    How stupid!

I like how the anchorwoman says something about "if you didn't do it"-- like the people who didn't do it aren't going to ty to use those excuses now.

Unfortunately people aren't honest enough anymore-- the honest people wouldn't need those excuses...because they would except the fact they were doing something wrong.

The DISHONEST people are the ones who are going to use that information to try to get out of tickes-- not like they're going to learn their lesson then.

Blah. That annoys me.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2724 users online. 137 members and 2587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X