This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Carry Advocates

I just posted this under subforum North Carolina where I live but then I started thinking that pretty much limits the feedback I’m looking to get.

I’m just curious if there are ANY police officers that would disagree with the following statement I just made on YouTube. I don’t think so but how do I know?

I am not a police officer by the way. And as such, I’m not gonna start off by blowing smoke up everyone’s *** and talk about how I really support you guys and blah blah blah.

Personally, when I read a non LEO member starting off a post like that, it gives me reason to worry right off the bat! It actually kind of gives me the creeps!!!

Let’s just say I’m 58 and my heart has always been in wanting to be a police officer, but for one reason or another, those paths never crossed and it will be not one of, but in fact my biggest regret in life. I always thought it would be the job I would do for free.

But after watching another one of these YouTube videos with these pro gun jerks running around carrying assault rifles on their shoulders just to make a point, I finally had to say something. This is the comment I left. And it is also just to let you guys know that we are not all maniacs!!!!

You guys need to wake the F**K up because you’re doing nothing more than giving gun owners and our battle to own guns a BAD NAME with your stupidity and moronic acts!!!

I’m very pro-gun. I own tons of them. You won’t find anyone more pro gun than me. I live in North Carolina where open carry is legal.

But what I do NOT do is walk around the neighborhood with an AR15 just because “i can”.

Because I understand that I don’t want there to be ANY doubt or ANY hesitation on the end of the police if a true psychotic is walking around with a gun looking to shoot innocent people!!! Can you all understand that simple concept? I don’t think so and apparently it’s just something that you can’t grasp!!!

I don’t want the police to have to drive up and waste time “wondering” whether or not this guy means danger to me and my family or whether or not I am a jackass pro gun nut whack job supporter who is trying to make a point!!!

Because as far as I’m concerned, anybody walking around the neighborhood with an assault rifle on their shoulder is automatically considered a psychotic nut job to me, good or bad...

What you jackasses do not realize is how are the police supposed to distinguish between the good guys and the bad guys if BOTH get to walk around with an assault rifle?

To make it worse, as if that’s possible, you all are normally dressed up in some kind of stupid military garb, wearing sunglasses, basically donning yourself to look like a Middle Eastern terrorist who just did 4 lines of coke before you go out and about under the guise that you’re educating others to their rights???

Huh? The right to what? To prance about in ludicrous outfits scaring the hell out of a mother and her two kids who were at the park while ALSO simultaneously provoking, irritating and agitating the ONLY people that are going to stand between you and your family if and when a real drugged out freak decides to pick up an AK-47 and start shooting out the windows of houses!!!

You guys don’t think things out any further than your own right to carry and that makes you a F*****G jeopardy to us all!!!!

No doubt that some of them do it in hopes of provoking some negative police encounter so they can post it on You Tube and scream tyranny. There may be some that just want to exercise their right to carry and can only afford 1 firearm.

It's legal in my state and I am not permitted, by law, to just walk up and question them about it unless they are doing something else wrong. Carrying it slung over their back, in a scabbered etc would not count. Carrying it around at the low ready or port arms, for example, MAY or MIGHT constitute disorderly conduct. It just depends on the totality of the circumstances.

IMO the *******s do make it harder for others to be accepted as normal.

Comment

I’ve seen lots of those videos and I’m glad I’m retired. Some a college kids in law school “exercising” their rights but making butts of themselves. Some are narcissistic attention seekers screaming “look at me”. Some are purposely baiting cops just to get a reaction and post it on you tube.

It makes every carrier, concealed or open look bad and I believe that is their intent.

Comment

I’m not sure how you guys put up with it to be honest? If it aggravates and irritates me, a regular guy, I can only imagine how it must seriously irritate LEO’s. And that was kind of the point of my question, before rudely interupted by LEO with attitude (thank you mods) is are you all just totally used to that kind of rhetoric to the point it doesn’t bother you anymore or does it still get under your skin and make you want to secretly pull them over later and write them up a dozen tickets!!!
        Last edited by Plumber121212; 12-14-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

In before the delete!

Taking stuff personally and trying to get them back later, in some way can lead to stupid mistakes.

We have plenty of laws and local ordinances to pull from to justify a stop. If needed I would cite or arrest for 1 of those.

Yea the You Tube papar***i warrior types can get to you if you let it. I had a You Tuber about 2 years ago on a traffic stop. As soon I approached him on the traffic stop he put the camera phone on me. But when he kept refusing to show his ID, I arrested him for obstruction and took him to jail. Funny he got more respectful when the handcuffs got put on him. I later learned he lied about his name and he had a warrant for his arrest. So I went back put a hold on him and he got additional charges and warrants.

I then learned about his You Tube channel and watched his video. He tried the same stuff with me that he tried with the other officer in the other state. A LOT of anti LEO comments on it! But the last time I looked at it, that was the only video he had and he hasn't commented on it since I arrested him.

I hate to admit it but the cop in his video was an idiot! He had been in the news about as many times as the You Tuber for getting fired and or arrested.

The You Tuber ended up taking a plea on my charges.

Comment

Originally posted by retired137

Ur not a cop ur a wanna be, ZERO street time. I grew up across the street from Raymond Washington, who would have cleaned your clock talking yak behind a keyboard.Lets see how much street time you really have, I still have the ability to have someone reach out and touch someone. Wanna play?
            Thanks. Glad to see someone else recognizes what he is about. I went back and checked his others posts and every single one of them he does the same thing. He comes out of the woodwork, attacks everyone else’s posts, belittles them, makes it look like he is the man and the only man.

Based on his argumentative ways, I don’t know why they let him keep an account?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
                lmao!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber121212 View Post

Thanks. Glad to see someone else recognizes what he is about. I went back and checked his others posts and every single one of them he does the same thing. He comes out of the woodwork, attacks everyone else’s posts, belittles them, makes it look like he is the man and the only man.

Based on his argumentative ways, I don’t know why they let him keep an account?
                  You obviously haven’t actually read my posts because if you had, you would see that I assist those that need it, and don’t sugarcoat things. I’m also more than happy to engage idiots when they post.

Just because some alleged retired cop, who has not been verified asactually having been a cop, agrees with you about something, doesn’t mean you, nor he, is correct.

You now feel like you’re special on here. You’re not. Got an issue? Complain. Just don’t be surprised when some of your replies get you sanctioned. It’s a two way street and we have been more than generous in letting you, and retired, slide.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by retired137

Ur not a cop ur a wanna be, ZERO street time. I grew up across the street from Raymond Washington, who would have cleaned your clock talking yak behind a keyboard.Lets see how much street time you really have, I still have the ability to have someone reach out and touch someone. Wanna play?
                    Saved.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

All childish and time wasting posts removed. Closing topic.
                      sigpic
                      The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                      PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10878 users online. 394 members and 10484 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X