300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart breaking news Re" Ventura Co. LODD

Personally I wish this sad news was not made public in that the Ventura Co. Sgt.that died last month in the Active shooter incident was actually killed by friendly fire from a CHP officer.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/significa...1Pot4ebsxlpwE4
    Retired LASD

Sadly, this adds another layer of trauma that the CHP officer will have to deal with...

Comment

Yeah that shouldn't have been released but we all know the dirt bags family would have pushed to make it know that their family member didn't kill the Sgt.
      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• RGDS
        RGDS commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea. Their family member only shot Sgt Helus 5 times.

At two were in his chest.
        Last edited by RGDS; 12-08-2018, 09:20 AM.

Terrible news.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Just like how Newhall changed California Law Enforcement, maybe now we will see a change and more inter agency training and more realistic training will occur. We owe it to the public and we owe it to Sgt Helus and this CHP Officer.
        semper destravit

Comment

• moparfan
          moparfan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd love to see more interagency training but sadly I doubt that would occur. I worked an area it was us, CHP and the next county. We hardly if ever train together. The sad part is recently deputies in the next county responded to a call and came under fire. Their next in until was over 30mins away. Us less than 10 rolling code.
          Like 3C said the big heads at the top would have to deflate a little to allow this.

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup.

Bureaucracy must be served and two neighboring counties are like two medieval kingdoms. Even IF the Sheriffs got along and played nice the odds are almost insurmountable.

...And nevermind the small lords of city police chiefs. 4 million or 400, makes no difference.

That would require an attitude change from many big agencies admin... All to often, they are the know it alls...when they aren’t.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          You would think MAYBE The Gentleman from Marin would push this.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6046 users online. 239 members and 5807 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X