300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Recertified My Expired Basic Post Certificate

I Graduated From A Cal. Post Certified Academy In 1995 But Do To Being Reactivated In The Military It Had Lapsed. I Just Recertified It Thru Orange County Sheriffs Department. Is Their Anyone Out Their That Is Aware Of A Department In California That Would Either Consider Me A Lateral Or A Department That Would Not Require Me To Attend Another Academy??
    I Have Spoken With A Few Departments And They Would Require Me To Go Thru Their Academy B/c Of How Long Ago I Went Thru The Basic Academy.

Originally posted by davjon14
    I Graduated From A Cal. Post Certified Academy In 1995 But Do To Being Reactivated In The Military It Had Lapsed. I Just Recertified It Thru Orange County Sheriffs Department. Is Their Anyone Out Their That Is Aware Of A Department In California That Would Either Consider Me A Lateral Or A Department That Would Not Require Me To Attend Another Academy??
    I Have Spoken With A Few Departments And They Would Require Me To Go Thru Their Academy B/c Of How Long Ago I Went Thru The Basic Academy.

http://laxpd.com (Airport PD $56K to $78K starting) LAGSDPD ( www.lacity.org/gsd/security.htm) starting pay $57K to $77K and the L.A. Port PD ( www.portoflosangeles.org/about_portpolice.htm ) $54K to $75K/yr
    the city needs officers bad and you don't have to take the entrance exam- straight to physical agility,oral interview and backgrounds........Upon hire ,you'll go thru a 2-4 wk orientation(rpt writing,firearms/less lethal trng,field tactics ,city of L.A. specific rpt writing),then you'll be assigned to a 22-24 wk FTO program........
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-21-2007, 05:29 PM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

If you have your basic reinstated, I should think you could pick and choose, since they don't have to send you to the academy. Most dept's can't get good applicants. Keep calling agencies in the area that you want to work. Beaumont out in Riverside Co. has several openings, and housing is still affordable.
      Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
      Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3512 users online. 219 members and 3293 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X