300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students of VT

This post is nothing more than to express my extreme, and new found respect, for the students and staff of VT.

I know that we have all seen this tragedy unfold, but few of you have really been able to see up close and personal these kids in action. I cannot imagine undergoing what they have been through, but the way they have handled it is absolutely amazing.

Troopers out at the campus have been stopping by fraternity houses and tossing footballs, just sitting down and talking....even tonight there was a kickball game between one of the Tac teams and a fraternity...through it all these kids have been the greatest. The last think you expect is a bunch of college kids accepting some Troopers on a game of kick ball....or even associating with them. This entire Hokie community has come together at this time, and are driving through. Hell, these kids have gone so far as to inviting some of the Troops out with them in the evening (I decline to answer if these offers have been taken up on ).

In all reality, the way this is being handled on campus is amazing, and these kids really deserve our thoughts and prayers. There is no sulking or finger pointing or blame game...just moving on. I think we can ALL learn a lot from them.

Be safe.

Thanks for the post Clem. Those kids have been through a terrible week. I've been very impressed with them from what I've seen on on the news etc, but it's great to hear it from you. I hope the media gives that campus a little bit of a break, I realize they have a job to do, but I've seen quite a bit of insensitivty and really stupid questions from some of them. The kids have been great though. Thanks for the post. Stay safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by VSPClem
      Hell, these kids have gone so far as to inviting some of the Troops out with them in the evening (I decline to answer if these offers have been taken up on ).
      So what was it....BW's, Sharkey's......
      You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

Im trying to get some of the 5th Div Tac team guys to take Sharky's challenge.....they are skerd to try.

Do you still get a t-shirt and beer mug if you finish it?

Comment

that's really great to hear!
          shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

It has been a while since I was last there....not sure if I even remember what that it was....im me
            You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

My continued thoughts and prayers to the students and faculty and their families.

My thoughts and prayers to the responding officers as well. Living in a city that has experienced significant incidents, I know that you saw something that day that will forever be in your heart.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4482 users online. 292 members and 4190 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X