300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun-free zones are recipe for disaster

Editor's note: Rock guitarist Ted Nugent has sold more than 30 million albums. He's also a gun rights activist and serves on the board of directors of the National Rifle Association. His program, "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild," can be seen on the Outdoor Channel.

Read an opposing take on gun control from journalist Tom Plate: Let's lay down our right to bear arms

WACO, Texas (CNN) -- Zero tolerance, huh? Gun-free zones, huh? Try this on for size: Columbine gun-free zone, New York City pizza shop gun-free zone, Luby's Cafeteria gun-free zone, Amish school in Pennsylvania gun-free zone and now Virginia Tech gun-free zone.

Anybody see what the evil Brady Campaign and other anti-gun cults have created? I personally have zero tolerance for evil and denial. And America had best wake up real fast that the brain-dead celebration of unarmed helplessness will get you killed every time, and I've about had enough of it.

Nearly a decade ago, a Springfield, Oregon, high schooler, a hunter familiar with firearms, was able to bring an unfolding rampage to an abrupt end when he identified a gunman attempting to reload his .22-caliber rifle, made the tactical decision to make a move and tackled the shooter.

A few years back, an assistant principal at Pearl High School in Mississippi, which was a gun-free zone, retrieved his legally owned Colt .45 from his car and stopped a Columbine wannabe from continuing his massacre at another school after he had killed two and wounded more at Pearl.

At an eighth-grade school dance in Pennsylvania, a boy fatally shot a teacher and wounded two students before the owner of the dance hall brought the killing to a halt with his own gun.

More recently, just a few miles up the road from Virginia Tech, two law school students ran to fetch their legally owned firearm to stop a madman from slaughtering anybody and everybody he pleased. These brave, average, armed citizens neutralized him pronto.

My hero, Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp, was not allowed by Texas law to carry her handgun into Luby's Cafeteria that fateful day in 1991, when due to bureaucrat-forced unarmed helplessness she could do nothing to stop satanic George Hennard from killing 23 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself. Hupp was unarmed for no other reason than denial-ridden "feel good" politics.

She has since led the charge for concealed weapon upgrade in Texas, where we can now stop evil. Yet, there are still the mindless puppets of the Brady Campaign and other anti-gun organizations insisting on continuing the gun-free zone insanity by which innocents are forced into unarmed helplessness. Shame on them. Shame on America. Shame on the anti-gunners all.

No one was foolish enough to debate Ryder truck regulations or ammonia nitrate restrictions or a "cult of agriculture fertilizer" following the unabashed evil of Timothy McVeigh's heinous crime against America on that fateful day in Oklahoma City. No one faulted kitchen utensils or other hardware of choice after Jeffrey Dahmer was caught drugging, mutilating, raping, murdering and cannibalizing his victims. Nobody wanted "steak knife control" as they autopsied the dead nurses in Chicago, Illinois, as Richard Speck went on trial for mass murder.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Already spineless gun control advocates are squawking like chickens with their tiny-brained heads chopped off, making political hay over this most recent, devastating Virginia Tech massacre, when in fact it is their own forced gun-free zone policy that enabled the unchallenged methodical murder of 32 people.

Thirty-two people dead on a U.S. college campus pursuing their American Dream, mowed-down over an extended period of time by a lone, non-American gunman in illegal possession of a firearm on campus in defiance of a zero-tolerance gun law. Feel better yet? Didn't think so.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

Pray for the families of victims everywhere, America. Study the methodology of evil. It has a profile, a system, a preferred environment where victims cannot fight back. Embrace the facts, demand upgrade and be certain that your children's school has a better plan than Virginia Tech or Columbine. Eliminate the insanity of gun-free zones, which will never, ever be gun-free zones. They will only be good guy gun-free zones, and that is a recipe for disaster written in blood on the altar of denial. I, for one, refuse to genuflect there.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/com...ies&eref=yahoo
    "I neither approve or blame. I merely relate."- Voltaire

Gun Free Zone

Another name for Brady. Morons of the World Unite. Many years ago, my Father advised me to "Never argue with an idiot. Someone listening might not be able to tell the difference". Well, we had better argue with this bunch. Gun free zones are gun free to those who obey the law. Bad guys don't. They never will. The Brady Bunch, pun intended, want us all to be sheep. If they choose to be sheep, that's their business. That's why they're soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen and cops. We're armed because firearms are the tools of our trade. We can't be everywhere though.Should a law abiding citizen choose to arm himself and become proficient in the use of firearms, we're a safer,and yes, better nation for it. The Bradys, Bloombergs, Jesse Jacksons, and the media in general, don't want to know about the armed citizen who saves his own life or that of another. Automobiles kill more people in a year than all the firearms in the country. Don't hear the poverty pimps and Liberals wanting to ban Fords or Chevys.

Comment

Gun-free zone. You mean like every Metro Police station?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
        Don't hear the poverty pimps and Liberals wanting to ban Fords or Chevys.
        thats because BIG BUSINESS cons have HELPED the Imports nearly run ford and Chevy out of business ( tiny foreign cars tend to cause less severe accidents and we walk away from the T/C-we don't have good Ford factory "Union jobs" anymore thanks to the "ALL AMERICAN NEOCONS" but we get to walk away so that we get to fight the illegal immigrants for the dish washing jobs ,while the NEO cons send our kids abroad to fight for oil and let their corporate buds "stick us up" at the gas pumps,but thats only when we find enough $$ (that is when we or our kids aren't sick due to lack of health care and insurance or ability to pay rent) to 1/2 fill our wrecked foriegn cars gas tank...

correct me if I'm wrong,but WHY does a UNION member ,civil servant ( state trooper)and working class man beat his chest about "conservative party" values,when they-the cons,don't have your interests at heart?( they don't support working people,you aren't rich, to them you're just another example of wasteful government spending as another "Greedy" civil servant,and you're UNION,which makes you the traditional enemy of "mgm't" )...Hmmmmm?
        Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM.
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

You're in a time warp, DOA.
          Hard to know where to begin.
          1) "Big Business Cons" (whatever those are) did not help the imports run Ford and Chevy out of business.
          Ford and Chevy (actually GM) did a great job of that by building crappy cars no one wanted, and kow-towing to the unions so their labor costs per car are significantly more than that of the imports. And that includes the "imports" that are made here, like Nissan (Smyrna TN), Mercedes (Alabama), BMW (S.Carolina) etc etc.
          "Big Business" is a huge supporter of the Democratic Party. Wall St enthusistically gives money to Democrats. Gov. Corzine did what exactly before he was governor? Warren Buffet is a liberal. Bill Gates is a liberal. Most of the donations coming out of Wall St go to liberals. Didn't know that, eh?
          And then there are those dreaded "NEO-CONS" popping up again. Who are the "neo-cons" exactly? Let's hear it.
          You're a union guy all the way. That's because unions protect the incompetant as they steal their wages in dues, which get paid to politicians and union leaders. Why is it the only unions growing in this country are the public sector unions? Could it be that the public sector is the only one both spineless enough and rich enough to cave to their ridiculous demands? Yeah, I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi

"Big Business" is a huge supporter of the Democratic Party. Wall St enthusistically gives money to Democrats. Gov. Corzine did what exactly before he was governor? Warren Buffet is a liberal. Bill Gates is a liberal. Most of the donations coming out of Wall St go to liberals. Didn't know that, eh?
            Nope- its rich "liberals" who saw the writing on the walls- Gates is a billionaire and liberal- he has no problem paying his workers "living wages" nor supporting public interests, on the oppsite side of the fence the rich powers of the conservative party has done everything it can to destroy the values of the great society ,so that the few can be blessed and the many left to eek out whatever they can.rich folks don't need public transportation or public schools,or did you notice that?(but they were ready and willling to line up for "school vouchers" paid for by the taxes of people poorer than them to send their brats to school)

And then there are those dreaded "NEO-CONS" popping up again. Who are the "neo-cons" exactly? Let's hear it.
            You're a union guy all the way. That's because unions protect the incompetant as they steal their wages in dues, which get paid to politicians and union leaders. Why is it the only unions growing in this country are the public sector unions? Could it be that the public sector is the only one both spineless enough and rich enough to cave to their ridiculous demands? Yeah, I think so.

Union and Proud .dad was Union -private industry and PROUD.Unions don't protect the incompetent -they protect the WORKERS from cruel abuse, dangerous work conditions, bad health issues ( coal miners bust their butts getting this country consumable fuel sources,but why should dying of Blk lung be their lot? cops protect YOU while you sleep and make it posssible for you to walk down the streets without the chaos of everyday violence spilling into your life everytime you open your door-why should they not recieve just compensation ?and everytime a Conservative gets in office the first thing he wants to do is break the pensions and benefits EARNED by union employees- yeah rt,work until the day you drop and have nothing to show for it.Never see them make the corporation pay their FAIR share for wrecking our roads with their trucks,polluting our air,and using the tax $$ of citizens to bolster their failing business ventures,but NEVEr paying the money back!!

Wonder why the immigration "problem" hasn't been solved? its not the libs who foolishly want to turn everyone into a citizen- its the major corporate robber barons who think "min.wage is a joke",and that while their kids are well fed and go to good schools, his workers can rot for all he/she cares. you're the "tough guy", Rabbi( and anti cop)- go tell one of your locals,who probabvly put in a 12.5 hr+ day dealing with people who'd make you pee the bed at nite,he or she is "spineless and rich".tell that to your municipal trash collector when he's lifting your umptine hundred pounds of crap away from you home.those so called "rich and spineless" workers turn "their unearned money" right back into the community,so you are getting your $$ back.you think the honchos at Enron did??? bet you think Walmart is a GREAT career for a working man to raise a family on,huh rabbi? Once upon a time "Union" and the term"American workers" was something to be proud of- it disgusts me that people like you call yourselves "american" but think like cut throat foreign profiteers.......BTW ,if you think that jab about being union and incompetent is ME,say to my face-I get drity every 10.5 hr shift I work and earn my pay,just like alot of guys who wear the uniform in my city.Its only the ungrateful and arrogant like you who complain ( had a art school student try and bad me and a partner for not being around when his bike was cut off a nearby light post- until he looked in the back seat of our patrol car and saw a bum we'd arrested for warrants down the block-in our trunk was his BIKE).. so much for appreciation of the people hired to serve you..........
            Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM.
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I, like most American Police Officers, FULLY support the 2nd Amendment, and have no fear of law-abiding citizen's defending themselves by legally carrying firearms.

That being said, I work in a Gun-Free Zone (a College) and I'm getting tired as hell of this fallacy people are offering up. About how Gun free Zones are magnets for killers.

The truth is that our gun free zones are provably SAFER than our non-gun free zones (ie the streets). At least 45 states have some sort of Citizen Handgun Carry laws, either concealed or open carry, and yet most people who are feloniously killed are killed in an area where people can legally carried a firearm for their own protection.

Look at the UCR stats for Colleges/Universities (or other Gun free zones, like Airports) and you'll see that you're MUCH MUCH safer statistically speaking there than on the streets of a major city.

I mean really, this Gun-free zone fallacy wouldn't fly in anything else. If someone said to you obviously DUI-Free Zones don't work, because 17,000 Americans die every year from alcohol related crashes, you'd look at that person like they were stupid. Just because people slip through the cracks in DUI enforcement doesn't mean you get rid of DUI laws.

Just because people are murdered in this country doesn't mean you get rid of laws against homicide. People speed and die from speed everyday, but we don't scrap speeding limits. The War on drugs hasn't reduced drug usage, but we keep arresting people for possession, ect ect.

The law is a tool we use to keep things from getting worse. Ditto Gun free zones.

~~
              Even well trained LEOs and Soldiers sometimes end up with "blue on blue" shooting incidents. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be the 1st officer that responds to a class room where some well meaning citizen with less than 8 hours of firearms training is playing John Wayne....

On the street? Well, that's different.
              Last edited by Caesar2845; 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

What is a NEOCON or NEO con? I saw it used both ways?

Comment

NeoCon

Here ya go...

Comment

I've worked in gun free zones (High school campuses). I would not have a problem with a staff member carrying a gun. I think that if the staff members had to register with the School P.D. and pass a firearms proficiency test that they would be able to stop the killings maybe even before P.D. showed up.

And sure more people get killed in non-gun free zones than in gun free zones, but in non-gun free zones the citizens at least have the opportunity to defend them selves. And non-gun free zones aren't as common for the mass shoot sprees as gun free zones. That is the real argument. Innocent people being killed in gun free zones where the bad guys don't care about the laws. You might as well send a pack of wolves after a helps lamb. Gun free zones just enable the mass killers.
                    Last edited by MOGSOT; 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM.
                    The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
                      Nope- its rich "liberals" who saw the writing on the walls- Gates is a billionaire and liberal- he has no problem paying his workers "living wages" nor supporting public interests, on the oppsite side of the fence the rich powers of the conservative party has done everything it can to destroy the values of the great society ,so that the few can be blessed and the many left to eek out whatever they can.rich folks don't need public transportation or public schools,or did you notice that?(but they were ready and willling to line up for "school vouchers" paid for by the taxes of people poorer than them to send their brats to school)

Union and Proud .dad was Union -private industry and PROUD.Unions don't protect the incompetent -they protect the WORKERS from cruel abuse, dangerous work conditions, bad health issues ( coal miners bust their butts getting this country consumable fuel sources,but why should dying of Blk lung be their lot? cops protect YOU while you sleep and make it posssible for you to walk down the streets without the chaos of everyday violence spilling into your life everytime you open your door-why should they not recieve just compensation ?and everytime a Conservative gets in office the first thing he wants to do is break the pensions and benefits EARNED by union employees- yeah rt,work until the day you drop and have nothing to show for it.Never see them make the corporation pay their FAIR share for wrecking our roads with their trucks,polluting our air,and using the tax $$ of citizens to bolster their failing business ventures,but NEVEr paying the money back!!

Wonder why the immigration "problem" hasn't been solved? its not the libs who foolishly want to turn everyone into a citizen- its the major corporate robber barons who think "min.wage is a joke",and that while their kids are well fed and go to good schools, his workers can rot for all he/she cares. you're the "tough guy", Rabbi( and anti cop)- go tell one of your locals,who probabvly put in a 12.5 hr+ day dealing with people who'd make you pee the bed at nite,he or she is "spineless and rich".tell that to your municipal trash collector when he's lifting your umptine hundred pounds of crap away from you home.those so called "rich and spineless" workers turn "their unearned money" right back into the community,so you are getting your $$ back.you think the honchos at Enron did??? bet you think Walmart is a GREAT career for a working man to raise a family on,huh rabbi? Once upon a time "Union" and the term"American workers" was something to be proud of- it disgusts me that people like you call yourselves "american" but think like cut throat foreign profiteers.......BTW ,if you think that jab about being union and incompetent is ME,say to my face-I get drity every 10.5 hr shift I work and earn my pay,just like alot of guys who wear the uniform in my city.Its only the ungrateful and arrogant like you who complain ( had a art school student try and bad me and a partner for not being around when his bike was cut off a nearby light post- until he looked in the back seat of our patrol car and saw a bum we'd arrested for warrants down the block-in our trunk was his BIKE).. so much for appreciation of the people hired to serve you..........

What century are you living in? The 1920s? Sweatshops are dead. The old "corporate greedy bosses" are dead. You have been in the public sector way waay too long. Get out into the private world and see what's really going on. People like you are yellow-dog Democrats, buying that garbage they put out about class warfare 24/7. Unions are your friends. They'll take care of you. The Democratic Party is your friend. They'll take care of you. Suckers, anyone who believes that tripe.

Comment

2nd amendment is an individual freedom. Therefore I feel that I should be able to save my life on an individual level. If I were a college student I'd be pretty ****ed if I couldn't carry on campus. I don't care if some college cop says it's safe, I'm not going to count on your sorry butt to come and save me, that's why firearms were invented and God gave us brains. Who in there right F'ing mind would just stand there and think, "gee I hope that campus cop shows up soon, I really don't wanna die today." Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi
                          What century are you living in? The 1920s? Sweatshops are dead. The old "corporate greedy bosses" are dead. You have been in the public sector way waay too long. Get out into the private world and see what's really going on. People like you are yellow-dog Democrats, buying that garbage they put out about class warfare 24/7. Unions are your friends. They'll take care of you. The Democratic Party is your friend. They'll take care of you. Suckers, anyone who believes that tripe.
                          and you live in fanstasy land- I need only go to down town L.A.( or most downtowns for that matter) and find undocumented labor working questionable hrs for less than min.wage.(why else do you think illegals are being "allowed" in this country? you mean the nat'l guard couldn't be activated by local border governors to interdict it ?and look how many corporate types were being INDICTED for embezzlement and fraud under this current administration !!!!!!!- even "Dub'ya" himself was involved in questionable business actions in Tx .just before we went into Iraq in'91. And class warfare is alive and well- maybe NOT in hayseedville where you live ( yassuh,boss- we's don' cotton to dem' big city fellers and de're commie politics !!!).and I don't think any particular party will take care of me-but I'll vote the "lesser" of two evils anyday! I worry about you "ayn Rand" types- you think social issues are for the "lesser" people and SNIFFED the Republican party line of the '80s corporate sharks-make $$ ,screw the little man,and yell "Amerika belongs to us "-Funny Rabbi,but its the lesser folks that are fighting for your rights to spit on them-the "rights" to a country that promotes the "social welfare" of its people..as a certain old document sez....We're getting off the subject.turn it back around as a rally cry for armed pimple faced 20 yr old kids to protect themselves 'cause "take to the hills paranoid types" like you fear anything Gov't or regulation.....

Comment

Originally posted by MOGSOT
                            ....And sure more people get killed in non-gun free zones than in gun free zones, but in non-gun free zones the citizens at least have the opportunity to defend them selves. And non-gun free zones aren't as common for the mass shoot sprees as gun free zones. That is the real argument. Innocent people being killed in gun free zones where the bad guys don't care about the laws. You might as well send a pack of wolves after a helps lamb. Gun free zones just enable the mass killers.
                            I too work a "gun free" zone - 4 murders in that zone in 20 yrs-last was July 4th,2002 and it was becuase the locations entrance was "wide open"-in the immediate 5 sq miles?150 .In the immediate 5 sq miles the population is about 350,000 people. in the "gun free zone" - 61 million people PASSED thru or came thru.Gee,partner which one would you rather be a "helpless lamb" in again????????Wolves tend to stay away "safe zones".........

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar2845
                              I, like most American Police Officers, FULLY support the 2nd Amendment, and have no fear of law-abiding citizen's defending themselves by legally carrying firearms.

That being said, I work in a Gun-Free Zone (a College) and I'm getting tired as hell of this fallacy people are offering up. About how Gun free Zones are magnets for killers.

The truth is that our gun free zones are provably SAFER than our non-gun free zones (ie the streets). At least 45 states have some sort of Citizen Handgun Carry laws, either concealed or open carry, and yet most people who are feloniously killed are killed in an area where people can legally carried a firearm for their own protection.

Look at the UCR stats for Colleges/Universities (or other Gun free zones, like Airports) and you'll see that you're MUCH MUCH safer statistically speaking there than on the streets of a major city.

I mean really, this Gun-free zone fallacy wouldn't fly in anything else. If someone said to you obviously DUI-Free Zones don't work, because 17,000 Americans die every year from alcohol related crashes, you'd look at that person like they were stupid. Just because people slip through the cracks in DUI enforcement doesn't mean you get rid of DUI laws.

Just because people are murdered in this country doesn't mean you get rid of laws against homicide. People speed and die from speed everyday, but we don't scrap speeding limits. The War on drugs hasn't reduced drug usage, but we keep arresting people for possession, ect ect.

The law is a tool we use to keep things from getting worse. Ditto Gun free zones.

~~
                              Even well trained LEOs and Soldiers sometimes end up with "blue on blue" shooting incidents. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be the 1st officer that responds to a class room where some well meaning citizen with less than 8 hours of firearms training is playing John Wayne....

On the street? Well, that's different.
                              the VOICE of REASON- but these folks don't want to "think" they want "Action" ,guns blazing and "ME,ME,ME,ME first"-thinking hurts them....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5276 users online. 284 members and 4992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X