Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Liberalism Cause VA TECH Shootings?

Liberals want to blame conservative gun laws for tragedy. However, liberal governmental and social policies are more culpable

Here is the link. If it does not work cut and paste to your browser:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news....d=576361&rfi=6

Did liberalism case the Virgina Tech Shootings?

No.

Last I heard they were "caused" by a mentally disturbed young man.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
      No.

Read the article before you comment

Comment

Why does every tragedy have to end up in some sort of political finger pointing instead of blaming the person or persons that did it.....

Comment

Originally posted by seanranel
          Why does every tragedy have to end up in some sort of political finger pointing instead of blaming the person or persons that did it.....
          Because it does and it should because laws will be made from them

That's how it works going all the way back to the days of slavery or child labor laws

Comment

Because it's easier to run around in a panic, then to sit down and craft a solution.
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hillstreetblues
              Sorry, don't need to read an article from a right-wing news source to know what caused the shootings.

Comment

Because the true-believers from the right and left are WAY more concerned with pushing their agenda than addressing reality.

Comment

No.

Yup.
                  People will blame the university administration. People will blame the campus police. People will blame immigration policies. People will blame whoever did the background checks. People will blame Glock and Walther for making the guns.
                  People will blame everyone and everything except the sick SOB who chose to pull the trigger and murder 30+ innocent people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi
                    Yup.
                    People will blame the university administration. People will blame the campus police. People will blame immigration policies. People will blame whoever did the background checks. People will blame Glock and Walther for making the guns.
                    People will blame everyone and everything except the sick SOB who chose to pull the trigger and murder 30+ innocent people.
                    Absolutely!!

This is because people need someone to blame in order for it to make sense to them. "Someone must have done something wrong. Otherwise how could this happen." This is so the can assure themselves that this can't happen again and they can go back to sleep.

Reality is that this can happen again tomorrow and there is little we can do about it.

Comment

That is deomcrates for you. Always blaming firearms. I bet if they were there they would of wanted a firearm to protect them. I just cannot stand leftwing liberals
                      Your option....
                      1. Sig 226
                      2. KelTec P32
                      3. S&W 442
                      Either one...it's going to hurt A LOT!!!!

Comment

I'm a conservative, I did read the article and the answer is still "No".

Comment

Originally posted by hillstreetblues

...you mean"read someones own slanted opinion and NOT think for yourself?"-"liberalism" didn't cause the deaths any more than "conservatism" protected the students- a deranged and violent young man -who incidentally PASSED the firearms purchase requirements for the state of VA.- did. And its even sicker to see the terms liberal and conservative soo twisted these days.By virtue of their own terminology,it would seem that to be "liberal" would be the very people who desire "lax" handgun laws and policies, while conservatives "would want more control".Nice to see how many people have been DELUDED(i.e. tricked,better yet,LIED TO) in the last 20 yrs ( starting with the Reagan -Bush Sr.era) into actually BELIEVING that the conservative party is the party of "working people,families,unions,and "free" America- they are MOST certainly NOT,but they ARE the party of corporate greed,union BUSTING,low wages, no national healthcare,removal of laws that protect citizens basic rights,and profiteering for the very rich and powerful.Keep calling lie the "truth" long enough,you'll actually believe it-The U.S. farmers learned the truth during the early '80s when the Reagan admins.allowed mass imports of foreign/gov't subsidized food products,while screwing our own farmers. but according to you "Neo con" knuckleheads,thats just "free trade"-even when it impoverishes YOUR nieghbors and makes your economy dependent on foreign markets-same with our once great auto makers and steel and iron companies-bet all you CONS don't have a problem with driving Hondas but spouting the DUMB party line as ford and GM struggle and your fellow American Union workers get the pink slips.(but "look" at all the great savings I get at walmart "with made in china" products! and If I want a "job" i can barely raise a family on ,thats the place to be also...)

What really killed the students at VT? lack of real DEFINITIVE mental health referral resources and "Assertive" police enforcement by College PDs( don't need that! its just "Big Gub'ment,limp wristed liberal tax money wastin'!! What we's really need is a bunch of kids runnin' round campus wit' guns ! yep they can protect themselves like great-great granpappy did wit' dem' in'juns when he carried a hawkins muzzle loader!!!)Sarcasm aside,it was old laissez faire ,liberal school policies that make security and RESPONSIBILITY take a back seat to the "open air,go where you want ,do what you want" lazyiness of modern student life.We cannot live believing in naive thoughts that if it doesn''t happen here,it never will....

Students are quick to form groups and yell about the latest restrictions from the college,but I doubt-even after this,that you'll see mass groups protesting for gates,locked bldgs,more campus police and id checks- none of that at all.and campus admin, is worried about "police state" politics on campus- goodness forbid that the College police get SUED for fighting with some trespassing transient and break that violators arm-again students would be marching up and down the campus protesting racism,sexism brutality and any other gripe against "the man" they could-very few would be out their supporting the police for "protecting them".We are in an age of mega violence,and random brutality.foreign powers threaten our soveriegnty as a nation abroad,and their agents sneek about our country to plan actions of violence.at home we deal with uncontrolled immigration and the dispare of worsening drug abuse and disaffected young people being raised to be cynical,selfish and fearful of each other

While liberal and conservative parties sit around and FIGHT over "who's right"-important issues about running this country are being blown off and stomped on ,just so that one party can have its way (the current "Dictatorship" is the "Bush jr mafia"- goodness knows whether it will be the same or WORSE under "queen" Hilly Clinton or "Imam" Barack oBama) .If we are going to have a secured and less "Free" society, all for the price of safety,then start locking the doors ,set up the street cams and let the police do"random" ID checks.If not,leave it as it is-take the chance of one sick ( and evil) Cho ,or Klebold/harris or Willie Wayne (L.A.- pipertech shootings) so that "We" as a people can walk about without question any time ,any day, and buy guns when and where and how we please,with the hope that the many will live comfortably and do the right thing..........
                          Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-20-2007, 12:35 PM.
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by just joe
                            I'm a conservative, I did read the article and the answer is still "No".
                            and that what I'm talking about- an Independent thinker.I actually found some issues in the article of merit-my own "view",but whewn it comes to certain institutions ,I can feel that firearms can be used to interfere with their "somewhat unbiased" functioning-colleges,courts,voting polls,public demonstrations- no guns needed.........
                            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Sorry, don't need to read an article from a right-wing news source to know what caused the shootings.
                              OK so you prove my point

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6026 users online. 364 members and 5662 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X