300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOP membership question

I will address this to my FOP lodge President, but I figured I'd garnish input here... I was a dues paying member (still am) of my FOP lodge. I was injured at work and have transferred to a non-cop job (dispatch), am I able to still be a member of the FOP because I was injured and had to be reassigned?
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

My FOP rep has told me that the FOP considers the lodges and the bargain unit sides as two separate entities...cousins who don't particularly like one another. Since the lodges are generally a form of "social club" (with a large dash of politics in some areas), they normally don't have a problem with ex-LEO's being members. The bargaining unit, on the other hand, will almost certainly be a no-no.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Yeah, that's what my Lodge President said, but thanks for information!
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I think here you could be an associate member.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10950 users online. 403 members and 10547 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X