300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsot in Tnrasltiaon

This woman apparantly was SO offended by this word on a couch tag, caused by an outdated Chinese-English software dictionary, that she thinks she should be entitled to compensation. What!? This is ridiculous. At worst it should be a written promise to correct the problem. I would be embarrassed beyond words to pursue damages for a freaking offensive word on a tag. People are so damn greedy.

End of rant.
    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Some people shouldn't have couches to sit on. :P Greedy bugger!
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Jesus Christ, get over it all ready. Someone used an outdated program; pay me!!!

Only in (any where outside the USA)

Comment

I blame the nappy headed hos (or is it hoes?)
        This is just ridiculous...the couch could have said "Hey stupid n***** don't sit on me I don't want your n***** a** on me. You also smell like s*** and your kids are the antichrist." But I believe it falls under "Buyer Beware" and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I wonder if she tore the tag off...isn't that like a felony punishable by death like Mattress tags?

Comment

I'm not going to report you, but I think your post was quite a bit over the top.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Originally posted by Duo
            I blame the nappy headed hos (or is it hoes?)
            This is just ridiculous...the couch could have said "Hey stupid n***** don't sit on me I don't want your n***** a** on me. You also smell like s*** and your kids are the antichrist." But I believe it falls under "Buyer Beware" and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I wonder if she tore the tag off...isn't that like a felony punishable by death like Mattress tags?
            WOW

Really what are you thinking?

Just a kid too!! Im GLAD AND HAPPY THAT YOUR NOT A COP!!!!
            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

I could think of a lot worse ways for her daughter to learn about the N word.

Comment

People get compensation when they've suffered financial loss. If she had any sense of humor at all she'd think it was funny. There was clearly no malicious intent on anyone's part. Everyone involved was very apologetic.
                I think she's just looking for a free couch.

Comment

I'm not racist or anything but that's pretty funny.

Comment

i don't find it funny.

yes, it is over the top in like five different ways for her to demand financial compensation. however, the above post by Duo sounds unnessesarily demeaning.
                    -2Adam29... 10-8. Code-7

Comment

Wow, I don't if I am more speechless by her reaction to the tag or the reaction to her reaction.

I guess if people can sue McDonald's for hot coffee then anyone can sue for anything.

Maybe because I am white and working class I don't understand how that tag could have caused so much emotional turmoil in her family. She said her friends wouldn't sit on the couch and blah blah. Well, had she not said anything her friends would have never known about about that tag. So on that end I don't feel much sympathy. Like a good friend of mine always says "You want sympathy look between squash and syphilis in the dictionary."

Her daughter didn't know what the word was. She could have simply told her daughter that it was a bad word, a mean word, or whatever and when her daughter left the room then blew a stack. She handled it by choosing to over react so in my mind is not due any compensation. Hopefully, the judge will throw out the case out and tell her that guess what, poop happens. Is it regrettable? Sure, but the company from where the couch was purchased made REASONABLE (key word here being reason) efforts to find out how and where the problem happened. Should she have received financial compensation for it from the store or software manfacturer? Maybe the software company could have offered her a refund of the purchase and an offer to have a new couch of her choice delivered at their expense, but even that seems a tad bit excessive.
                      R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                      I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                        This woman apparantly was SO offended....
                        End of rant.
                        Your use of "apparently" is right on. Even though the source is AP, I'm thinking this is either a media hoax or an urban legend. The prose of the report was just a little too staged for me to believe it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3175 users online. 160 members and 3015 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X