Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still doesn't apply to our airports so doesn't concern me much.
    Last edited by SgtScott31; 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by JCT
      As a CCW permit holder in TN, I agree that this is a step in the right direction. In Tn, it is also illegal for permit holders to carry in any establishment that serves alcohol or liquor stores. I think that needs to be changed too. If I want to go to O'charleys and have a steak with sweet tea, why should I be deprived of my handgun? If a responsible gun owner is going to a restaurant to drink, they should leave their guns @ home or in their vehicles. As far as liquor stores goes, they get robbed just like convenience stores do. If I go to a liquor store, I'm not going to be drinking in the store.

Here's a link to the story if anyone is interested. I hope it passes.

Click Here for the Story
      I believe that's incorrect. Only places where alcohol is served for consumption on premises are forbidden. Merely sold is OK.
      I like to go to Weiss Liquors on Main St, which is a bad part of town. But I asked Mr Weiss once whether he had ever been robbed. He told me one guy had tried it in his C-store. I asked what happened. He said, next thing the guy knew he was staring at Mr. Weiss' 12 gauge.
      Concealed means concealed, if ya know whadda mean.

Comment

Originally posted by detsarg
        Me too! I like a govenrment that does not fear law abiding armed citizens. I fear the government that does not like its people armed.

Good move TN!!
        I live near Chattanooga and one day hubby and I were on our way to Sam's Club. He was driving slightly over the speed limit like he usually does and he was stopped on I-75 inside the city limits. He had a loaded 9mm on the seat. When the LEO walked up he told him that he had a loaded handgun on the seat but he had a carry permit and asked if he wanted to see it. The LEO smiled and told him "no, I'm not worried about the permit holders. It's the ones that carry without one that worry me". Anyway, he gave him the ticket, smiled and told us to have a nice day. No fuss no muss. Everything was civilized.

John has a lead foot so I normally drive but didn't that day. Costs us less that way.
        "You know, marriage is between a man and a woman, and I don't believe judges ought to come along and change that."

"I'm against gun control generally. You know, you check my record. You'll find I'm pretty consistent on that issue."

"The court [by overturning the D.C. gun ban] basically said the Constitution means what it says, and I agree with that."

Fred Thompson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2792 users online. 180 members and 2612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X