Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• college kid arrested assault rifles

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...6-73c08c4ce897

and hundreds yup hundreds of rounds of ammo in his car...

and RIT has no police force campus safety has to call 911 and pray if something major happens on campus.

now he says he was a collector but why have them on school grounds?

How many more nutjobs are sitting in dorms accross the usa?
    This kid had assault rifles think of the carnage this kid could have caused.

Are you implying this kid is a nutjob simply because he had a gun in his trunk?
    "I neither approve or blame. I merely relate."- Voltaire

Comment

Read the article. Two assault rifles in his room, hundreds of rounds of ammo in the car. Nutjob? Dunno...Idiot...absolutely.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
        http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...6-73c08c4ce897

and hundreds yup hundreds of rounds of ammo in his car...

and RIT has no police force campus safety has to call 911 and pray if something major happens on campus.

now he says he was a collector but why have them on school grounds?

How many more nutjobs are sitting in dorms accross the usa?
        This kid had assault rifles think of the carnage this kid could have caused.

Careful!! All you are going to do is start a "pro/anti gun" debate-and you'll get labelled ANTI-GUN. Its funny that "We" Eastcoast and Westcoast- who in our inner and suburban cities,see MORE gun violence than alot of rural and southern /midwestern places,but are bad mouthed for our revulsion of such violence,particularly when theres a suggestion of gun restrictions in our own backyards!!And with the VT shooting,so many people have yelled about how an area law kept people from going on campus with CCW( concealed weapons) and how CCW could have given the students a "fighting chance"-yet even historically when a trained police officer or state trooper has gone up against an assault rifle armed suspect (with only a pistol) that officer LOST the fight or was beaten off !!!!(some folks fantasize that they are super vigilantes and can take a BG down with one Blast of their mighty"pocket rockets").

what bothers me most is NOT whether you can have or not have guns at schools, but what kind of outreach and mental health care programs are available for students and local community folks to id potential violent and suicidal tendencies? What are the resources and follow up programs-student support groups?Is it everyman for himself on all campuses? with pressure that you can only succeed in todays society if you go to college( and believe me,not everyone is college material),will people who feel like failures and outsiders continue this violent form of making "people notice",and how can it be interdicted and abated ?.............
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

So, Is he a good-guy, or a bad-guy?

Was he planning another mass murder? Or preparing to prevent one?

Granted he violated laws, but I'd still need to hear his level of culpability argued before I make up my mind. What were his intentions? I want to hear more of what he has to say.

Until the liberals changed the definition of "assault rifle", it needed to be capable of full-automatic fire to be unlawfull. Where it is from is not at all important.
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by JSandi
            Are you implying this kid is a nutjob simply because he had a gun in his trunk?
            I think he is a nutjob for bringing assult rifles to a state that doesn't allow it!

Ok that may seem a little Anti-Gun but I own two hand guns and a shotgun! I would never ever think about owning an assult Rifle in my state... Think about it? Illegal, Illegal, Illegal!!! No matter your opinion, it is Illegal!!
            Last edited by MykesCrazy; 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM.
            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

So the guy has a gun in the hotel that he lives in that is legal in most, if not all other states (besides the obviously Kalifornia), and he's a nutjob?

Wow, that's almost as bad as the media.

Comment

Concealed carry vs. a couple of ar-15's and a couple hundred rounds of ammunition? Are you actually making this comparison? I'd say your less of an "anti-gun" and more of a defensive cop.

The guy really should have been smarter. Know the laws and follow them. If guns aren't permitted then don't have them. Find another campus.

Comment

Originally posted by MykesCrazy
                  I think he is a nutjob for bringing assult rifles to a state that doesn't allow it!

Ok that may seem a little Anti-Gun but I own two hand guns and a shotgun! I would never ever think about owning an assult Rifle in my state... Think about it? Illegal, Illegal, Illegal!!! No matter your opinion, it is Illegal!!
                  Without getting into a debate on whether it should be illegal or not, the whole "assault rifle" thing is just overused.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                    Read the article. Two assault rifles in his room, hundreds of rounds of ammo in the car. Nutjob? Dunno...Idiot...absolutely.
                    ..but there are people here who will say thats "that persons right",if he feels he needs to protect himself( even if he could kill a dozen attackers in one engagement)..What does he need those type of weapons on campus for?part of a shooting team/club?ROTC? whay can't a pocket Kahr 9mm or a S&W 38 snubby suffice for "protection"? I had a neighobr once who used to parade around his yard and backyard with his assault rifles when I lived in San Fernando Valley(North hollywood).He knew that his neighbors saw him and I KNOW he got a kick out of the "see me? I'm a bad dude"posturing.Well one day he nearly" crapped" his pants when he looked over our low boundary gate and saw me loading my Mini 14,Mini 30 and benelli super 90 shotgun in their carry cases and then into the back of my cars trunk( went plinking with cop buddies that day,and have since sold the rifles-didnt need or use them much for anything).all of a sudden his wife was asking my girlfriend "Why I had soo many guns" and telling my girlfriend how her husband thinks "too many guns in the nieghborhood could be dangerous".I told myy girlfriend to tell our nieghbor the next time they talk that "keeping things well out of view and safely put away would keep people comfortable and happy". I say this becuase I believe that some folks get a kick out of subtle intimidation- the idea that they have something that can overpower you or force you to fear them.did he(the student) need to have anyone know that the weapons were there?(nope)- could have secured them in lock containers put, them away in his(hotel) "dorm" room closet and no big thing(if he was a "collector").On college campuses ,to possess stuff like that and make it known is to court trouble ....
                    Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-18-2007, 12:07 PM.
                    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox
                      So the guy has a gun in the hotel that he lives in that is legal in most, if not all other states (besides the obviously Kalifornia), and he's a nutjob?

well his mental health is up for debate everyone knows having a gun on school grounds is not allowed in NY so nuts or just stupid open for debate I suppose. But the hundreds of rounds of ammo what is the need to collect that amount of ammo but I am hardly anti gun as long as they are legal and not where they should not be. The need for hundreds of rounds of ammo makes me question this kids motives. And keep in mind RIT has unarmed security quards on campus who I suppose could have ran in the other direction if this kid did turn out to be a little crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox

You didn't read the article - it WAS illegal to possess in the State and on Campus facilities- for the sake of the arguement,which is why he's facing felony criminal charges- the leased Hotel counts as "school facilities" also.Besides, its obvious he doesn't have any common sense- I wouldn't be cleaning or charging any weapon in a place like a hotel room( he could have found a local range to check the actions of his weapons or cleaned or what ver the crap he was doing that got him "noticed").just becuase its legal to "**** on a wall" in one state doesn't make it so in another.....

Comment

There are cops on this board who employ weapons that are either not authorized, or they're not trained on. The standard answer from them is "Better tried by 12 than carried by 6".

Cops sometimes carry thier weapons into areas that even prohibit them from weapons (like jails and mental health facilities).

Is this issue REALLY that different?

Except that we're cops, and he's not. Lighten-up. He hasn't been tried yet.
                          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
                            There are cops on this board who employ weapons that are either not authorized, or they're not trained on. The standard answer from them is "Better tried by 12 than carried by 6".

Cops sometimes carry thier weapons into areas that even prohibit them from weapons (like jails and mental health facilities).

Yes, It makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

I'd rather have a Police officer bring an unauthorized gun then Joe Schmoe! Police officer in one hand, Average Citizen in the other... Yeah... different.
                            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.

True he deserves his day in court but he will need a fantastic attorney to get him out of doing jail time with Mike Green as DA and his I do not plea bargain on weapon charges policy. In other words this kid is screwed and You can bet what happened at VT will be on the DA's mind when he thinks this case over.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5433 users online. 303 members and 5130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X