Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tony.o
    replied
    I recall that Corzine got the job (governor) by playing race politics himself. Pulling some sort of Nifong type stunts to get elected. I remember a news conference where he was overheard whispering back and forth to some Al Sharpton type ministers, who were coaching him on what to say to get the black vote. The guy was in such a rush to get in on the Imus action to take advantage of anothers mishap and look what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Operator13
    replied
    Meh, 91 MPH is nothing. Here's a link where Governor Rendell of PA was clocked 9 times in the TRIPLE DIGITS.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_187421.html

HARRISBURG -- Gov. Ed Rendell is 'fessing up to reports that he was driven at speeds in excess of 100 mph in his state limousine.
    In his first public statement on the issue, Rendell said late Wednesday he assumes a Philadelphia Daily News story Monday is accurate. The newspaper reported his Cadillac limousine was clocked at 100 mph nine times by troopers since November.

Rendell said the speed level was "unconscionable" and pledged it won't happen again. He said he accepts responsibility.

Rendell said he didn't know at the time that his limo, driven by a state police bodyguard, had exceeded 100 mph on the turnpike. "Did I know we were going over the speed limit? Sure," he said Thursday in Philadelphia.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
    Herman Melville authored it.
    Yeah, I know. Star Trek II just came to mind when I read that though...

Leave a comment:

• amblnc38
    replied
    Me & my firefighter coworker spent the lunch meeting talking about how many cars we've ripped apart and our most gruesome accidents. While it's a tragedy...I can't help but not feel sorry for anyone but that trooper who was probably ordered to do 91.

Leave a comment:

• t150vsuptpr
    replied
    Originally posted by equinox137
    Khan also made that quote . . .
    Herman Melville authored it.

Originally posted by Ex Army MP
    Yeah but in this case it was justified. Anytime a person says " nappy headed ho" you should drive as fast as you can to attend the apology meeting

Or order some poor Trooper driver to do it.

It was just so stupid.

Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 04-18-2007, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JPatrick
    replied
    I wonder if the governor will get a citation for not wearing his seatbelt...

Leave a comment:

• Ex Army MP
    replied
    Yeah but in this case it was justified. Anytime a person says " nappy headed ho" you should drive as fast as you can to attend the apology meeting.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
    I'll follow him around the Horn, and around the Norway maelstrom, and around perdition's flames before I give him up. . .
    Khan also made that quote . . .

Leave a comment:

• Duo
    replied
    *cue required Jersey joke*

Leave a comment:

• t150vsuptpr
    replied
    It was stupid.

Leave a comment:

• LCPLPunk
    replied
    Doing 91mph and not wearing his seatbelt? Definately not a good choice.

Leave a comment:

• MidCareer
    started a topic New Jersey Gov.'s SUV doing 91mph....

New Jersey Gov.'s SUV doing 91mph....

at the time of the crash. It says they can run lights for emergency situations. I wasn't aware that going to mediate a meeting between Imus and the Rutgers ball team could be billed such a circumstance.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417/.../corzine_crash

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5786 users online. 336 members and 5450 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X