Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers in California will get a copy of their civil rights during a traffic stop.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't there a state that when, using radar, you had to show the driver his speed on the readout, so they had a detachable digital readout that the officer had to carry up to show the driver?

I'm with BTD, I'm glad I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
      Wasn't there a state that when, using radar, you had to show the driver his speed on the readout, so they had a detachable digital readout that the officer had to carry up to show the driver?

I'm with BTD, I'm glad I'm retired.
      I remember something like that

I can definitely remember the detachable readout
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Looking back....I can remember the “bright ideas” that came trickling in regarding having street cops carry “pamphlets” for “super important resource material.”

And then....someone flipped the “MORE IS BETTER” switch and we started getting pamphlet after amazing pamphlet to hand out to every type of victim and every type of witness imaginable!

I used to carry some pamphlets in my concealed vest trauma pocket, cause you know...often times your car with all the goodies is too far away. Well...then they started adding and adding different booklets, pamphlets amd on and on....

This might explain the trend towards external carrier vests? (LOL) Cops got so bogged down with super all knowing pamphlets that you now need a dang backpack of resources strapped to you everywhere you go? Fighting gear? Taser? Baton? Nawwww...pamphlets, dear Watson. Pamphlets!!

So a couple of things come rushing to mind....THIS time right NOW more than the last 30 years of memory appears to be the MOST VIOLENT time of darkness to LE personnel ever seen.

YET- politicians (okay, California politicians) want our troops out there being shot at to have to haul around and deliver yet again another pamphlet at every contact?

So I was also thinking... we soooo often encounter a buck nekkid “excited delirium” case, nekkid drunks, nekkid under the influence, and just plain nekkid crazy sweaty people....

Not to make light of that person in need, but,..We hand them the “Civil Rights Pamphlet.” They are nekkid.....

Should we perhaps form a consortium to request grant funding for a comfortable, non-GMO, earth friendly - pamphlet holder that a nekkid person could wear cause they have no pockets?

The job gets harder and harder every year thanks in part to stuff like this. If politicians work hard enough at it, the QUALIFIED cop candidates will go to other careers, leaving the borderline ones and inept ones to fill ranks.

Youll see.....it will all be explained in the next pamphlet.

Rick

Comment

Meh...why worry about it. Drivers aren't going to pay any more attention to that than they do to anything else.

I run into people all the time who 'know their rights'. Funny thing -- they don't. As long as I do things correctly, I don't really care what they say.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10175 users online. 347 members and 9828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X