300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are your.....

Chances at getting hired after you do a physical? I've done interviews, Chief says he wants to hire me, an interview, and now a physical, that's good, right?

I dunno, I ust worry, as I've wanted this for a long time, and afraid I won't get it...you know? So I have insecurities.....
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Are you going for a "small" department? It sounds that way seeing as how you are dealing with the department's chief. It sounds like you are sitting rather well if you've already interviewed and the chief seems to be interested in hiring you.

Any thing in your background that could hold you up? How did you do on the physical?

Have you taken any sort of written tests?
    Carpe Noctem

Comment

Around here, we don't send you to the physical until after we've decided to hire you. You get a contingent job offer, pending successful completion of the physical. That way we're not spending the money on the doctor unless we're pretty sure its going to work out.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936
        Around here, we don't send you to the physical until after we've decided to hire you. You get a contingent job offer, pending successful completion of the physical. That way we're not spending the money on the doctor unless we're pretty sure its going to work out.

That's what I figured, and yes, it's a small department. I didn't think they would waste the money on a physical if they didn't want to hire me.

Thanks!
        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Cool, so today i went to pick up my physical paperwork, and then went and had a talk with the LT. He had me sit down and explain a few things to me. I felt it was the best lecture in my life!

He basically told me, look, you juvenile history is in the past, so is your driving record, but remember, your now a police office (a man after my own heart!), so act like it, don't screw up, and I have faith in you to do whats right, and I think you will do good here.

Wow, haven't sworn in yet do to not getting the physical done yet, but he said he is hoping to have me start next friday.....I'm starting to get butterflies!

So what does the usually start of FTo like? I know I have to go qualify..... I'm just wondering how much I have to do before I can hit the road now.....I'm in florida, so any of you Fl guys can give some advice, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

So are you going to have to go to an academy?

Comment

Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
              So what does the usually start of FTo like? I know I have to go qualify..... I'm just wondering how much I have to do before I can hit the road now.....I'm in florida, so any of you Fl guys can give some advice, it would be much appreciated.
              It really depends on the department. At my department it's 1 month of banker hours at the office before you get on the road. At others it's a week, at others it's 2 or more months. If the department is in Central Florida, PM me with who it is and I may be able to give you a bit more insight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3771 users online. 230 members and 3541 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X