300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Spit Shine Polish

Okay - I realize some nowadays don't even bother, but for those of us from the day where a guy HAD to polish his leather......

Which brand is best?

Me? I leaned a secret method to a mirror spit shine but the one thing it had to have, was Lincoln wax.
    Kiwi paste
    70.27%
    Lincoln Paste
    20.27%
    Timpson
    0.00%
    Other?
    9.46%
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Depending on what I'v gotten into I like to shine my boots up 1-2 times a week. Looks more professional in court and on details.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi, Kiwi,

Comment

Originally posted by goodie2shoes
        I wonder which one you voted for?
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I prefer to cheat and use that kiwi stuff where you just run the sponge over the leather and it makes it shine. Obviously I've only used it for shoes.

Comment

I use Kiwi Parade Gloss, but have used Lincoln in the past and it was probably a bit better. I spit-shine my boots every day. Once a good base polish is built up, it only takes five minutes (or less) a day, and scuffs buff right out.
            Last edited by ateamer; 04-16-2007, 09:10 PM.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Hey 1042 Trooper

Hey Troop,
              Where do you get the Lincoln poilsh? I was in the military for a few years and all I ever used was kiwi and an off name brand in Okinawa with a funny bird on the can. I am pretty good and getting a spit shine but as I am going to the academy I am looking for small advantages. Let me know.
              "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

It's a common item here in Wyoming boot stores, but it's available on the internet. Do a search and you'll get a million hits for ordering.

I always found it easier to use, faster and longer lasting.
                The All New
                BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Best Spit Shine.

I'm a former Marine,and the Corps and Kiwi go back to WWII. I believe Kiwi originally was a New Zealand brand. Lincoln is good too. Let me throw one more at ya. "Kelly's Lynn." Bet you never heard of it, and don't know it it's even sold anymore. Many moons ago, when I rode motors, I used it on my riding boots. It was recommended to me by a shoe repair guy who had been in the German Army in WWII.The stuff really worked, especially on the high top portion of the boots. Well, that's my two cents worth, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
                    I'm a former Marine,and the Corps and Kiwi go back to WWII
                    WoW....first time I have ever heard of someone from the Corps using Kiwi and not Lincoln......

I "found" Lincoln when I was on a joint duty assignment and the Corps guys I worked with used it.....and got me hooked......and I have used it ever since....including during the academy and when I was in uniform. I still have a can in my closet and when I am wearing my black boots (when I am dressed down), I polish them with it......

As to the other poster asking where to get it......Ranger Joes, US Cav, (and a lot of the other military supply stores) have it.......And any decent boot/shoe repair shop or a good shoe store should be able to get it for you....

I get mine through Ranger Joes.... http://www.rangerjoes.com/lincoln-wa...lish-p-26.html
                    Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-16-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

All the bases I went to in the Corps I never saw Lincoln...only kiwi. Even the salt dogs used kiwi. I did have a few Sgts though that had boots that looked like they dipped them in liquid wax and you could shave off of them but they would never let us in on their "little" secret. They would rub their boot and show us that it was in fact polish on a leather boot and not plastic boots...what a bunch of jerks. Could have been lincoln polish, who knows...doing a search right now to find some and try it out.
                      "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Originally posted by cantue5
                        All the bases I went to in the Corps I never saw Lincoln...only kiwi. Even the salt dogs used kiwi.
                        Once again, that does surprise me....as everyone I knew in the Corps used Lincoln....to the point when I went through the academy, two of our instructors (Former Devil Dogs) thought I had been in the Corps because I was using it one day when we were doing uniforms and they were wandering around watching us......

Guess how many push-ups I had to do because I had a smart *** grin on my face as I told them that I had been in the Army....

Comment

My boots are tan fuzz leather now, but back in the old days when Polish was used, it was Kiwi. mainly because thats the only polish you can get at the PX. A few good coats of black, melted in with a Bic (not a zippo, too much soot) and a few more coats of neutral again melted in with a bic and rubbed with real spit, not water and I had a great shine. Good enough to leave guard mount atleast once a week with an extra day off.
                          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Kangaroo polish. Only available in Korea and Okinawa, that I know of.

Comment

"Kangaroo polish. Only available in Korea and Okinawa, that I know of."

I am laughing because Sabre reminded me that the "bird" on the can of Okinawa polish was actually a kangaroo! ha What a moron I am !

"My boots are tan fuzz leather now, but back in the old days when Polish was used, it was Kiwi."

Irish...I was one of the Marines that almost cried when the Corps switched to no polish boots and no iron cammies. I wore my all leather "cadilacs" the last possible day we could wear black boots as a tribute. I still have those bad boys and plan to have them bronzed one day to show my kids what it was like back in "ole corps". ha!

"Guess how many push-ups I had to do because I had a smart *** grin on my face as I told them that I had been in the Army...."

I bet they told you to push until "they got tired"! Semper!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6333 users online. 317 members and 6016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X