Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen Stopped ME for Speeding........

So I'm on the afternoon shift today and I'm patrolling down a residential street, a 25mph zone. I'm enjoying the fresh air, listening to my iPod. I decide to turn on my Python radar unit and run some traffic. Switch it on, check calibration, all good. Keep the display up, shows my speed 27mph. An on-coming vehicle 33mph.

I cross an intersecting street into a subdivision. Do the wave thing to the kiddies and all that, turn around in a cul-de-sac. I go back the same direction I came from, stop at a stop sign and see a guy in a Jeep Cherokee flashing his lights at me. He pulls up beside me and says the following:

"I got a ticket on this street a couple weeks ago for doing 40mph."

Me: "Oh yeah? Sorry to hear that."

Him: "I just watched you come down the road. You were flying. You were doing WAY over 40mph. I don't appreciate that."

Me: "Your radar unit working properly today bub?"

And I drove off. For some reason, this really ticked my rear end off! I never, EVER speed like that in this particular area. Lots of kids, lots of walkers. This guy had a set I tell ya.

There, that's my rant for today. Have a good one all!
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Shame on you you should slow down and be more courteous......
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Did you run this guy for warrents?

Comment

Agree..slow down
        Leave Space Empty

Comment

At least you got off with a warning right?

Comment

hmmm...
            unlawfully stopping the vehicle of another?
            fail to dim high beams?
            that could've been fun.
            The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.

Comment

shoulda given the guy a ticket for speeding and said "Now you have two tickets on this road for speeding, you need to slow down bud."
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I hope you made notes. And depending on the guy's history, you might even want to create a file. It may save you, or some other officers butt.

Better to have him down as a "false complainer", before having to answer to one of his complaints.
                Last edited by cst.sb; 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Should have asked him if his eyes were calibrated......

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
                    So I'm on the afternoon shift today and I'm patrolling down a residential street, a 25mph zone. I'm enjoying the fresh air, listening to my iPod. I decide to turn on my Python radar unit and run some traffic. Switch it on, check calibration, all good. Keep the display up, shows my speed 27mph. An on-coming vehicle 33mph.

I cross an intersecting street into a subdivision. Do the wave thing to the kiddies and all that, turn around in a cul-de-sac. I go back the same direction I came from, stop at a stop sign and see a guy in a Jeep Cherokee flashing his lights at me. He pulls up beside me and says the following:

"I got a ticket on this street a couple weeks ago for doing 40mph."

Me: "Oh yeah? Sorry to hear that."

Him: "I just watched you come down the road. You were flying. You were doing WAY over 40mph. I don't appreciate that."

Me: "Your radar unit working properly today bub?"

And I drove off. For some reason, this really ticked my rear end off! I never, EVER speed like that in this particular area. Lots of kids, lots of walkers. This guy had a set I tell ya.

There, that's my rant for today. Have a good one all!
                    I had a very similar experience a few years ago. Considering you are just down the road, I wonder if it is the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                      I hope you made notes. And depending on the guy's history, you might even want to create a file. It may save you, or some other officers butt.

Better to have him down as a "false complainer", before having to answer to one of his complaints.
                      False complainer? Puhleeze. The guy was just irritated by what he suspected was an officer breaking the speed limit without a reason. He should just direct him to file a complaint at the agency. I'm sure he'll get really far with that considering he was running traffic at the time.
                      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                        False complainer? Puhleeze. The guy was just irritated by what he suspected was an officer breaking the speed limit without a reason. He should just direct him to file a complaint at the agency. I'm sure he'll get really far with that considering he was running traffic at the time.
                        No, he was an RP....you don't know people very much, do you?
                        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                          Sorry djack16, they are out there. And most police agencies, have a internal review board/complaints commission, and MUST investigate all complaints against their officers, no matter how silly they are.

99% it's a huge waste of the taxpayers money and police resources.

I had a complaint against me, by a complainant in a call. I bent over backwards for him. I resolved the issue, and got the damage to building paid for by one of the subjects of the complaint. And because I didn't arrest someone at scene even after it was explained there was no legal reason that would allow me to do so. He called in a said that I let a woman walk away with a "pound" of cocaine.

So yeah, this stuff really happens, from traffic tickets to rape , people make up stories.
                          Last edited by cst.sb; 04-16-2007, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MFP4073
                            hmmm...
                            unlawfully stopping the vehicle of another?
                            fail to dim high beams?
                            that could've been fun.
                            My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO
                              Did you run this guy for warrents?
                              I agree with this LOL. One night I was on midnights and got behind a car that had been speeding until I got behind it. When I got behind him, I had no intent on stopping him...I had to use the bathroom and was on my way over to a state park that has bathrooms open 24/7. Just so happens he was headed in the same direction. I was behind him for about 2 miles when we came up on a stop light. Guy jumps out of his car and starts screaming at me in the middle of the intersection. He wants to know why I am following him around the city. I explain that I'm not and I ask him for his drivers license now that he is impeding traffic. The guy was suspended and had an outstanding warrant. I lock him up. It was great telling him "Remember pal...YOU are the one who pulled ME over".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3292 users online. 202 members and 3090 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X