Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comments below this video upset me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_9xf_wemTk&NR=1

I am half way through the police academy. I have been watching every video possible. My friend ran across this video. After watching this and others, I have come to the conclusion that the general public has more stupid people than I once believed. After watching this video, check out the comments posted below. I understand that people may not understand or put themselves in the position of the officers, but surely they should understand that the comments and the actions by the suspect not only made him be viewed as having a weapon but also the people commenting should realize that the suspects plan ( or lack of a plan) had no positive conclusion.

Over and over I see suspects claiming to have a gun or acting as though they have a gun. It makes me wonder what they hope to accomplish by this ploy. Do they believe by pointing a cell phone at an officer this will force the officer to drop his weapon or leave? The actions people take concern me because you expect people to react rationally. If you point a weapon and tell someone to get down you dont expect them to reach in their pocket and pull out a brush or cell phone and point it towards you.

Sorry for the rambling. Please give me your thoughts on the video and especially the comments below the video.

Originally posted by misterizx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_9xf_wemTk&NR=1

I am half way through the police academy. I have been watching every video possible. My friend ran across this video. After watching this and others, I have come to the conclusion that the general public has more stupid people than I once believed. After watching this video, check out the comments posted below. I understand that people may not understand or put themselves in the position of the officers, but surely they should understand that the comments and the actions by the suspect not only made him be viewed as having a weapon but also the people commenting should realize that the suspects plan ( or lack of a plan) had no positive conclusion.

Over and over I see suspects claiming to have a gun or acting as though they have a gun. It makes me wonder what they hope to accomplish by this ploy. Do they believe by pointing a cell phone at an officer this will force the officer to drop his weapon or leave? The actions people take concern me because you expect people to react rationally. If you point a weapon and tell someone to get down you dont expect them to reach in their pocket and pull out a brush or cell phone and point it towards you.
    Sorry for the rambling. Please give me your thoughts on the video and especially the comments below the video.

1.Stupid people = Job security.

2. There are .22lr cell phone guns

3. People belive what they see in TV and movies.

Comment

i only have sympathy for the poor K-9...

Comment

Originally posted by Steelers911
        i only have sympathy for the poor K-9...
        read further about this and found out dog was airlifted to vets and still died from injuries.....incase anyone wanted to know

Comment

THIS is possibly the most slanted and inaccurate article I have ever seen.
          Deandre said he had a gun, promised to shoot everybody if they sent the dog in on him, and raised his "gun" up when they released the dog. Well...at least we all got some pushed-up daisies out of this moron.
          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

And I don't think it's healthy to view the "general public" as a bunch of morons.
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that the general public has more stupid people than I once believed.
              After ten minutes of directing traffic at a busy intersection, you'll be ready to take this as your personal motto.
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Over and over I see suspects claiming to have a gun or acting as though they have a gun. It makes me wonder what they hope to accomplish by this ploy. Do they believe by pointing a cell phone at an officer this will force the officer to drop his weapon or leave?

Please give me your thoughts on the video and especially the comments below the video.
                sounds to me like this could be a tactic used by various organizations to get cops to shoot unarmed people so they can splash it all over the media.

COP SHOOTS UNARMED SUSPECT ! !

COP SHOOT DEFENSELESS MAN OVER CELL PHONE !!!!!!!

cops not only have the american public to deal with but also people from other countries that have been planted here. the taser incident at UCLA is one typical example.
                Last edited by leopold99; 04-15-2007, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I read a few of the posts on that site. Some were hard to read. Well, some were unreadable. Does anyone really think that schools are at fault for this? It is the gang culture ---- more morons for us to clean up.

Sad about the K-9. They are worth more than their weight in gold. Good partners. Good back up.
                  "Socrates was a philosopher. He talked a lot. They killed him." unknown to me.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                    THIS is possibly the most slanted and inaccurate article I have ever seen.
                    Deandre said he had a gun, promised to shoot everybody if they sent the dog in on him, and raised his "gun" up when they released the dog. Well...at least we all got some pushed-up daisies out of this moron.
                    djack- I had no idea you'ld have some common sense locked up int that far far left brain!

I don't like anyone to get killec because of stupidity- but this guy made them shoot him and it's too bad for the officers. Poor dog- got shot because he did what he was supposed to do- friggin shame.
                    "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                      And I don't think it's healthy to view the "general public" as a bunch of morons.
                      You'ld understand if you had to deal with tehem every day- all the effing stupid things they do and say and act out. And that's not even mentioning the terrible things they do to each other for some drugs or just a few dollars. I once responded to a shots fired at a local gas station- dude was shot and robbed over the change money he had in his drawer at the start of his shift- it came to somewhere around $18 bucks. Robber told the jury he needed it for drugs. Ride with some department sometime and you'll see what we deal with. Until then- and I don't mean to be mean to you because I actually like you since you've lightened up some- you have no right to judge us or how we feel about people because you've never walked in our shoes.
                      "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Poor K-9 At least no human beings were harmed in this video...?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohan
                          You'ld understand if you had to deal with tehem every day- all the effing stupid things they do and say and act out. And that's not even mentioning the terrible things they do to each other for some drugs or just a few dollars. I once responded to a shots fired at a local gas station- dude was shot and robbed over the change money he had in his drawer at the start of his shift- it came to somewhere around $18 bucks. Robber told the jury he needed it for drugs. Ride with some department sometime and you'll see what we deal with. Until then- and I don't mean to be mean to you because I actually like you since you've lightened up some- you have no right to judge us or how we feel about people because you've never walked in our shoes.
                          LE are responding to calls. I remember in my day to day activities I would interact with people in school and other public places and everything was normal but the minute I started riding I saw that it would be easy to assume that MOST people are like those on the streets. LE go where there is bad stuff going down, not where everything is peachy.

I agree people do horrible things to each other. I just finished doing some work with the guys who authorize warrants at the courts here and it never ceases to amaze me. I can't rationally generalize over the "general public" though. Despite the high volume of crimes being committed everyday I know that for every one of them there are dozens of people who are just living their lives as normal people. LE may never get to meet or see those people and see what they do in their daily lives as mothers, fathers, etc.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
                            After ten minutes of directing traffic at a busy intersection, you'll be ready to take this as your personal motto.
                            Amen to that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5k2name
                              1.Stupid people = Job security.

2. There are .22lr cell phone guns

3. People belive what they see in TV and movies.
                              There are also .38special, and .22hornet cellphones.

Not to mention Iraq vets. Buddy of mine in the Army hates cell phones, anytime one rings around him, he says it makes him immediately think of IED's. That and he survived one, in a spooky way, phone goes off in a room during a house search, guys start scrambling, it keeps ringing, and nothing happens, he looks under a pillow, phone was attached to explosives, but it was wired incorrectly, phone read "1 Missed Call". He said that stuck with him more than anything.

Originally posted by leopold99
                              cops not only have the american public to deal with but also people from other countries that have been planted here. the taser incident at UCLA is one typical example.
                              Like I told a friend at UCLA...

"Dude you gotta remember, its not just a campus police department, its still LAPD, only with UC in front of it. Don't give em a hard time." :\
                              Last edited by Enikad; 04-16-2007, 12:03 PM.
                              The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4469 users online. 233 members and 4236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X