300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• common perineal.......

I was introduced to the common peroneal during handcuff training. The trainer was a Police Officer friend of mine and he did it to me when I did not know it was coming. I hit the ground like a rock, the group got a kick out of it. Has anyone ever used this on someone resisting? How affective do you believe it to be?
    Last edited by CommonGoal; 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM.
    "Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck

"Don't put yourself in a position to investigate yourself" ~CommonSense

"Now, what is the rule?" "Protect myself at all times."

sigpic

Close, it's called the common peroneal, AKA the common fibular nerve. I didn't know anything about it until I read the wikipedia article on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_fibular_nerve). How did your trainer perform this takedown?

Comment

I have used it several times. I was a Defensive Tactics and Non-Lethal control instructor for many years, I have also used it in the feild several times.

I can tell you that the most common error attempting to utilize this technique is failure to strike hard enough. The activation of the nerve bundle is extremely effective when stimulated properly. I highly recommend it because the likleyhood of serious injury is minimal and the effects are effective in most cases.

NOTE: this technique, like any other is no magic answer to a violent situation and you should always be prepared for it to fail, use it as a tool and put it away.

Comment

It is a handy little trick to use, but if you want to make a point, the best place to go for is the Mandibular (assuming your agency lets you).
        Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Peroneal nerve junction is personal favorite target when Mr. Baton comes out to play. I first learned about it in the academy year ago and it has remained in my bag of tricks since. As mentioned, when it works, it works great. But like any use of force technique, you need to have plan B in your head all the time.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

In all the training that I have received, a knee strike to the common peroneal was used as a distractionary technique before a takedown. It's also a good target for the baton and for kicks. Wait until you find the brachial plexus origin. That's a real fun one.

Comment

Yep, still not as fun as a brachial stun LOL. Knocks 'em the F out.

Comment

Originally posted by superkoopa
                Close, it's called the common peroneal, AKA the common fibular nerve. I didn't know anything about it until I read the wikipedia article on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_fibular_nerve). How did your trainer perform this takedown?

The Officer was on my left side talking about it, I had no idea what he was talking about. Then all of the sudden he lunged back and kneed me hard in the
                "common peroneal". My whole leg went numb. Man I will never forget that.
                "Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck

"Don't put yourself in a position to investigate yourself" ~CommonSense

"Now, what is the rule?" "Protect myself at all times."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CommonGoal
                  The Officer was on my left side talking about it, I had no idea what he was talking about. Then all of the sudden he lunged back and kneed me hard in the
                  "common peroneal". My whole leg went numb. Man I will never forget that.

When I was a kid we did this to each other and called it a "Dead leg." My favorite is the Brachial Stun as demonstrated on the pimp below.

Brachial stun training demonstration.

Comment

Wow, i knew there was a good use for that Brachial stun.
                    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3871 users online. 176 members and 3695 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X