Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enikad
    I hope not.

My aspirations are to dedicated to becoming a sworn police officer, in my home community.

I didn't mean to insult you.

I meant that it was too bad you left security work because more security/LE should demonstrate the same care and concern for the people they come in contact with. Your caring attitude toward that man who lost his son was touching. I appreciated it.

Nice work standing up to the boss too.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

Heh. I remember I was training a rookie fresh out of OPC, we got to a violent domestic in progress, jump out all ready to go, turn around and she's still sitting in the car. Ask her wtf she's doing, and her reply was, "well, we're women, shouldn't we wait for the men to show up?". In my best training officer voice, I explained we needed to go in. She reluctantly followed me inside, when we finally got the 2 combatants separated, she proceeds to tell the guy it's all his fault. I about sh*t.

Needless to say, wrote her up on that one.

Comment

Fortunately the one on my PD just got promoted to the DB. So we won't have to deal with his BS in Patrol any more and our cars won't be beat to hell from him driving them.

Comment

Originally posted by formercop
          Heh. I remember I was training a rookie fresh out of OPC, we got to a violent domestic in progress, jump out all ready to go, turn around and she's still sitting in the car. Ask her wtf she's doing, and her reply was, "well, we're women, shouldn't we wait for the men to show up?". In my best training officer voice, I explained we needed to go in. She reluctantly followed me inside, when we finally got the 2 combatants separated, she proceeds to tell the guy it's all his fault. I about sh*t.

that was a deserved write up.
          A cop is a cop is a cop...on a call.
          (I will prolly get flamed but) If females want the job- they have to do the job also, and that means the bad with the good.
          I do know that a DV call is prolly the most dangerous one to go to, but if that person is kilkled while she is sitting in the car.........
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Every dept has em.

Have a heart to heart...peer pressure goes a long way!

If you are the primary...then his job is to assist you if needed. If he keeps it up..ask him if HE wants to be primary...and go 10-8.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Eneiak that is quite a story. Bet despite that jerk captain you were still walking on sunshine. Finding lost people is great isn't it? Not much can spoil that high.
              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I didn't see this until after I posted last. Oh man...I'm still laughing at that one. Wait for men to show up? I very much hope she wasn't taught that in an academy.
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                  ...I very much hope she wasn't taught that in an academy.
                  This SHOULD go without saying, but sadly some people don't get it. No, they dont teach that at any academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Soon2Be
                    This SHOULD go without saying, but sadly some people don't get it. No, they dont teach that at any academy.
                    I agree it SHOULD go without saying. It should also go without saying that officers shouldn't assume the male in a DV call is the party at fault, have sex on duty, etc. I'm sure there are a few academy instructors out there that shouldn't be NEAR a new recruit with regards to their teachings.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

On a call for terribly tragic but freak incident that resulted in the accidental death of a young mentally handicapped person. It was personally difficult because I knew the person after being at the house several times for unrelated incidents.

Back up officer, still on probation shows up to assist. He starts gathering statements. A lady who was at the scene when I arrived adminstering CPR, tells the officer something that he interprets wrong and jumps to the conclusion that this is not an accident. He tells me what he believed he heard her say. I am like WHAT?!?! I go to the lady and she explains what she said. The young officer starts yelling "YOU ARE LYING". This lady who is a neighbor who knew the girl well and just got finished trying to save her life. The lady begins crying. The family is now getting worked up not knowing why the police are calling their neighbor a liar.

I get the officer out of the scene, physically and in not so nice terms tell him that if he does that again on one of my scenes..etc. etc. Instead of asking a followup question, he just jumps to a conclusion and when its clarified begins to call the person a liar.
                      Last edited by B-More Dawg; 04-18-2007, 02:25 AM.
                      GO CAVS!!

Comment

texaschickeee , no reason for you to be flamed , your right , anyone putting on a uniform , male or female should be doing the job , not playing at it . i am a female and i would expect other females which i believe ,most are professional enough not to be so stupid to make that kind of comment .

formercop , your better than me at handling her , lucky she wasnt my partner , she would of been riding back to the dept with a supervisor after my radio call for back up since my partner wanted to wait in car for the ''men to come '' , would i of gotten in trouble for saying that on radio , ummm yep , would i care if i did , nope , because i have just alerted the shift to my partners frame of mind and who is to say that has not happened before or wouldnt again ? she wants to be stupid and risk my life , she just earned her own embarrassment and i will gladly take the write up ..

i say the above , because many moons ago i worked with a female who when rolling up onto a huge male fighting other officers refused to get involved but just stood around then followed that with she wasnt going to get her new manicure messed up and tailored uniform dirty ...

one of my best friends ( male ) was shot as he approached a home on a dv , so i have no sympathy for anyones stupidity in that form . there are alot of professional women out there still battling some of the uhhh misguided thoughts about women otj ,unprofessional females like that dont belong in a uniform . sorry just my opinion .

Comment

[QUOTE=Morning Coffee]formercop , your better than me at handling her , lucky she wasnt my partner , she would of been riding back to the dept with a supervisor after my radio call for back up since my partner wanted to wait in car for the ''men to come '' , would i of gotten in trouble for saying that on radio , ummm yep , would i care if i did , nope , because i have just alerted the shift to my partners frame of mind and who is to say that has not happened before or wouldnt again ? she wants to be stupid and risk my life , she just earned her own embarrassment and i will gladly take the write up ..
                          QUOTE]

Actually, I wrote the initial post when I was in a hurry, sorry. Her first day with me, she plunked herself in the car with me, turned to me and said, "just so you know, I'm a lesbian". Ooookay, I thought, why the hell would I care? Then she spent the majority of the first day (instead of shutting the hell up and learning), spouting off about how much women were oppressed, etc.

After 3 months, I arranged to have her moved to another training officer. Longest 3 months of my life.

Comment

You've gotta admit that sometimes it's fun to do it back to the guy who stirs it up every time. Then jsut get in your car and drive away leaving him to clean it up. I've done it a few times and I dsicovered how hard it is to not laugh.
                            "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

We used to have a guy who would go on calls and stalk around (in plain sight) like he was being watched by unseen bad guys.
                              He'd mumble to himself while others handled the calls.
                              He wasn't crazy, he just wanted everyone on the street to think he was. Folks on the "bad" side of town were downright scared of him.
                              He's a city manager somewhere now...

I worked for years with Murphy. If Murph made an arrest and went out with the BG, you'd better go with him or you'd find a prisoner locked in your car and Murph gone. That boy skipped on a bunch of arrest reports over the years.
                              Murphy once told a wife beater "You want to hit somebody? Try hitting me!"
                              He had a black eye for a week and a half. Murphy had one of those "cocked and loaded tongues" ya'll mentioned.
                              Last edited by TX Heat; 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

The ones I hate are the ones who don't understand the 4th Amendment. There are two officers in particular whom I don't think I've ever seen do a legal search. They just search everything, everybody, all the time, for no legal reason. Of course, we know who the druggies are; you don't have to be a cop for more than a week to figure that one out, but we still need a legal reason to go in and get their dope.

Of course, both of them have great reputations when it comes to making big dope arrests, etc., but I always wonder what happens in court. Just because they're getting the dope doesn't make it right, either.

Oh, by the way, the USSC has ruled that in order for a "consent search" to be valid, the suspect MUST BE FREE TO LEAVE. That means when I have a suspect sitting in the back seat of my cruiser, handcuffed, undergoing a mirandized interview, and confessing to everything, DON'T INTERUPT MY INTERVIEW AND ASK CONSENT TO SEARCH HIS HOUSE!

I hate having my name on the same case report as those two.
                                MAC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 317 members and 4607 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X