Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.11 uniform question anybody else wear em?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.11 uniform question anybody else wear em?

Our PD is switching to an optional uniform consisting of the 5.11 canvas style pants in navy or khaki with polos. We have the summer polos picked out, but i was wondering what any of you that wear this uniform style do year round for a shirt? it gets cold here in Illinois and it would be nice to find something that looks professional and functional at the same time. Thanks in advance!
    "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Our unit went to the 5.11 tactical pants with a polo or golf type shirt. The 5.11 were nice pants, comfortable with lots of pockets, but shrank a bit or I grew taller after washing and drying. After about a year and one half the pants were showing lots of wear. We then switched to navy blue BDU's..much better.
    Thats my two cents.
    Most important thing you and your partner do today is make off duty roll call.

There are very few problems which cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.

“Is there one G or two G’s in staggered?”

“You better put two he was pretty drunk.”

Comment

I have been wearing the 5.11 tactical button down shirt and I really like it. Lots of pockets and very comfortable. I have been wearing it for about 4 months and no problems yet.
      "Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

People who love sausage and people who believe in justice should never watch either of them being made. ~Otto Bismarck

"Don't put yourself in a position to investigate yourself" ~CommonSense

"Now, what is the rule?" "Protect myself at all times."

sigpic

Comment

Uniform

Yes - I'm Police Officer in upstate New York. We went to the tactical pants and polo shirts about 2 years ago. Its optional for us, meaning we pay for the uniform out of our pocket, its not part of the uniform allowance package we have.
        We can switch into them early spring to mid-fall (weather permitting). We have the tactical BDU's, polo shirt with patch and shield and baseball cap with minature patch. Personally I like them, very comfortable.

Comment

About 2 years now,we have the khaki bdu pants and navy blue polo shirts.It doesn't get that cold here but some of our chilliy williys wear a black long sleeve t-shirt,vest,than polo shirt.Most that do that dont even need a jacket.I strongly advise against the khaki,even a dry cleaner cant get the wrinkles out (look at their ads,they are even wrinkled there) and the worst thing is at night they stick out like neon lights.
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4314 users online. 263 members and 4051 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X