Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force is issued sling shots

Saw this one police one.
    ALVARADO, Mexico — Police officers in Mexico have been issued slingshots after being stripped of their firearms.

The state of Veracruz stripped officers of their guns at the police department in Alvarado after only 30 officers of the 130-member department passed control tests and were deemed fit for service, the Guardian reported.

Mayor Bogar Ruiz Rosas said the department is mostly made up of new hires who were scheduled to start training. In a symbolic protest in response to the disarmament, the mayor handed out slingshots and small bags of rocks to officers in front of the media.

Ruiz said the state’s move to disarm the officers was a political vendetta. He considered the move as an abuse of the state’s government authority and said he will hold state officials responsible for any criminal acts that occur while the officers remain unarmed, according to RT.

“This can only be understood as something political and we have to be prepared to do work in a professional manner,” Ruiz said. “Today we delivered slingshots to our municipal police. The citizen governor made the decision to take all the weapons, which disqualified him completely, as it violates our autonomy.”

Veracruz governor Miguel Ángel Yunes Linares said the state confiscated the weapons from the force because its members were not properly accredited

The force’s firearms were confiscated after only 30 officers of the 130-member department passed control tests and were deemed fit for service
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Well...when your country has a HISTORY of taking bribes, maybe that’s all you deserve.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

... and in a country where the criminals are well armed than the local police force...
      Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

So does Safariland make a drop holster for a sling shot??
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I’m sure there’s a thigh rig for everything...

Comment

It would be interesting to sit on a review board after an OIS with a slingshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Newuser2018 View Post
              ... and in a country where the criminals are well armed than the local police force...
              or army....

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                So does Safariland make a drop holster for a sling shot??
                Sounds more of an “Uncle Mike’s” type of item.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Uncle Mikes: The Blackhawk of crap holsters. Not that Blackhawk is any better. SLERPA anyone...?

Comment

Were they 'wrist-rocket' slingshots?

Comment

Originally posted by ef87c View Post

or army....
                      true
                      Be sure to smile for the cameras.....

Comment

They'll shoot somebody's eye out.

Comment

Hang on, I've got something for this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11848 users online. 386 members and 11462 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X