300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want a different cruiser?

Another comment in another thread got me to thinking about this. How many of you want a different car to patrol in?

I drive a Grand Prix GTP and I love it to death. I think she'd make a great duty car and I've seen a couple departments that have them.

I want to hear some comments and ideas that you've had regarding using a different car than the Crown Vic, Impala, Charger, Etc.

I'll take a Crown Vic with 200K on it in a heartbeat over this sardine can Impala I'm in now.
    "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkcop
      I'll take a Crown Vic with 200K on it in a heartbeat over this sardine can Impala I'm in now.
      Agreed 110%
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

We use the Holden Commodore SS down here for Highway Patrol duty, which is the same car Holden will be exporting to the US as the Pontiac G8. Would be good to see a few dept's pick them up for their fleets!

Comment

Originally posted by taurus577
          We use the Holden Commodore SS down here for Highway Patrol duty, which is the same car Holden will be exporting to the US as the Pontiac G8. Would be good to see a few dept's pick them up for their fleets!

That G8 is a sweet looking ride. Does it come with the gear shifter on the fly or on the console. The pics I found show only on the console. We is all my electrical crap going to go?
          The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

I didn't know Pontiac made a police package...

Comment

They don't...or, didn't with the Grand Prix as far as I know.

Lately they've had a Solstice at Detroit auto show with police package but it didn't go over well.

Comment

I saw in Lamont, Illinois ( don't know if its spelled right, suburb of Chicago) they had the new '07 Mustangs, try running from that bad boy lol. I wouldn't mind driving one of those around on state dollars

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                  Agreed 110%

A couple of weeks ago I challenged one of our fleet managers to go from a sitting position in an Impala to a standing position outside the driver's door within 3 seconds. He did just what I was hoping for...cracked the s**t out his head on the door frame (much like I have done numerous times).

I doubt I made any difference in next year's requisition specs, but it sure did feel good.
                  "Patrolling the Idiocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
                    The Pontiac G8 will be a rebadged Holden Commodore SS, which is available in a police pack, I believe Holden Australia call it the 9C1 pack. Here is a pick of one fully marked.

Here is a few different pics of the interior.

And the gear selector is only available in the centre console between driver and passenger seats. It is very rare in Australia to find a vehicle with the gear selector on the steering column.

Comment

I remember the CHP when I was younger had Volvo s70's I think (can't remember the model) this was around 99-00. I remember asking a few years later when I was in a ROP Criminal Justice class in High School about those, and all the Officer told the class was that they'd managed to total the Volvo's.

Personally since I've had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of an Interceptor, i don't see anything wrong with the Police Interceptor Package. Hate the impala's they have no like presence to them, a toyota prius looks more menacing in the rear view than the impala's. But that mad roar out of the interceptors as they mob their way down the road, now that has some "get out of the way" and or "pull over" value to it.

Not to mention I like the parking light set up on the Crown vics, habit of local guys to roll up blacked out (never been on a ride-along that rolled Code-3, anywhere, dudes seemed like they'd rather flash the high beams than announce their car to the universe.), and the way the vic is set up you can do it safely.
                      The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

I personally prefer a SUV, such as a Tahoe or Expedition. The room available is great but they could do with some speed adjustments. At my agency we have both the Imaplas and the Vics. We also have Toyota Hybrids and Honda Hybrid cars, for our Detectives and Civil Deputies.

Comment

Our state picked up 14 Dodge Chargers to test out.. So far the reveiws are good except for the trunk space...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3377 users online. 210 members and 3167 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X