300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff Scott Israel to face a no-confidence vote from deputies

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who touted his own "amazing leadership" after the Parkland school shooting, is facing a no-confidence vote from the union representing his deputies.

Jeff Bell, the president of the Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association, told CNN Friday that union members had decided to move forward with the vote, which will begin electronically tonight and will close on April 26.

"There is a complete failure at the sheriff's office and he doesn't recognize it," Bell said
    Source
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Also, it appears, conspiracy theories aside, that Broward County has had a shady policy where juveniles wouldn't be arrested in order to artificially deflate crime stats and gain grant money. This, according to the archiver, was a contributing factor in the Parkland event. They had contact with him and wouldn't arrest because of this standing policy.

Link to the multi-tweet archive.

- Alan Watts

Comment

Originally posted by NoWingedAngel View Post
      Also, it appears, conspiracy theories aside, that Broward County has had a shady policy where juveniles wouldn't be arrested in order to artificially deflate crime stats and gain grant money. This, according to the archiver, was a contributing factor in the Parkland event. They had contact with him and wouldn't arrest because of this standing policy.

There was a similar issue with a few different departments around here. The chiefs would order the officers to stop making so many arrests, then point to the lower number of arrests as proof that crime had dropped under their leadership. This type of crap erodes the integrity that law enforcement prides itself upon.
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

There is no conspiracy theory to it and its not some shady policy. It's a national initiative of Obama era policy on restorative justice to bring down juvenile arrests by ending zero tolerance enforcement so referrals to the criminal justice avenue are reduced. The more schools showed they reduced arrest numbers of juvies they could obtain more federal money through the program.

It is an excellent example of how misguided federal policy has real and devastating consequences.

https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...kland-shooting
        Last edited by Langford PR; 04-24-2018, 03:34 AM. Reason: meh
        Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
        “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
        “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
        "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
        ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

I know it won't be but I hope its unanimous for no confidence. Sheriff Israel should be fired. He's a disgusting political hack wearing a badge.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

Oh man I'd love for a BSO deputy to chime in on this. I have no dog in this hunt, and don't care, but it looks to me like a political witch-hunt based on the sheriff's liberal gun control stands.

From what I have read, Israel rose through the ranks in nearby agencies, and was a narcotics detective and SWAT Commander. Lost the first election bid, won overwhelmingly the next. Seems like the department is not (according to the union) spending enough to replace firearms, offer more training) but that is a common problem. Israel is claiming this is due to the union wanting a 6.5% pay raise for members. The union also claims "mixed- messages" from admin policy, but when pressed for details it seems like a minor issue. They also claim Israel is too politically oriented. From what I've read, he is also pretty far left when it comes to wanting certain gun control restrictions.
            I don't know enough about the BSO anymore, having left SoFla a long time ago, but I do know that from my career, a sheriff, being an elected official, walks a fine line to please EVERYONE while making the an environment where he will be re-elected.

Also, as usual, there seems to be the usual nasty political party "polarization hatred" thing going on here that has crept into our society. Most of it seems to be due to his stance on the guns. No doubt most Dems love the guy, Republicans hate him, and there seems to be no middle ground. Sound familiar? Welcome to our current world.
            Interestingly, Israel ran as a Republican the first time- that always causes heartburn.

If a no confidence vote occurs, the union will press the governor to remove Israel. Politics will determine his fate with the gov, and if he stays, the next sheriff election will.

Any BSO folks out there that might give real insight?
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I’m curious what the citizens of Broward County think. Let’s keep in mind that unions have an agenda too. But if the voters aren’t happy, that could be more troubling than a no confidence vote, the public can recall him.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post

There was a similar issue with a few different departments around here. The chiefs would order the officers to stop making so many arrests, then point to the lower number of arrests as proof that crime had dropped under their leadership. This type of crap erodes the integrity that law enforcement prides itself upon.
                I think there was a movie on this...based in England. Hot Fuzz?

Comment

• Langford PR
                  Langford PR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In that movie weren't the 'perps' actually arrested AND then killed and stuffed in the sewer?

I guess it did indeed lower arrests by successfully ending recidivism.

• TheSlammer
                  TheSlammer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im not sure about the arrested part since one was a Sgt and he was in the sewer. They didnt show arresting of each so hard to say.

Broward deputies union votes 'no confidence' in Sheriff Israel

A union of deputies in Florida on Thursday announced it has "no confidence" in Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association said a symbolic vote among its members, initiated last week, indicated 534 of 628 officers in the union voted they had no confidence in the sheriff.
                Source

That's 85%, for anyone that can't math.

- Alan Watts

Comment

Source

That's 85%, for anyone that can't math.
                  I was told there would be no math...
                  This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                    Oh man I'd love for a BSO deputy to chime in on this. I have no dog in this hunt, and don't care, but it looks to me like a political witch-hunt based on the sheriff's liberal gun control stands.

From what I have read, Israel rose through the ranks in nearby agencies, and was a narcotics detective and SWAT Commander. Lost the first election bid, won overwhelmingly the next. Seems like the department is not (according to the union) spending enough to replace firearms, offer more training) but that is a common problem. Israel is claiming this is due to the union wanting a 6.5% pay raise for members. The union also claims "mixed- messages" from admin policy, but when pressed for details it seems like a minor issue. They also claim Israel is too politically oriented. From what I've read, he is also pretty far left when it comes to wanting certain gun control restrictions.
                    I don't know enough about the BSO anymore, having left SoFla a long time ago, but I do know that from my career, a sheriff, being an elected official, walks a fine line to please EVERYONE while making the an environment where he will be re-elected.

Also, as usual, there seems to be the usual nasty political party "polarization hatred" thing going on here that has crept into our society. Most of it seems to be due to his stance on the guns. No doubt most Dems love the guy, Republicans hate him, and there seems to be no middle ground. Sound familiar? Welcome to our current world.
                    Interestingly, Israel ran as a Republican the first time- that always causes heartburn.

If a no confidence vote occurs, the union will press the governor to remove Israel. Politics will determine his fate with the gov, and if he stays, the next sheriff election will.

Any BSO folks out there that might give real insight?
                    What do you want to know? The place is in turmoil. This sheriff is an Fort Lauderdale retiree and he brought in his friends and family at 175K a year and they don't even have to show up. New policies punish deputies for doing any proactive police work, especially in minority neighborhoods where they are needed the most. Isreal rides around giving out turkeys. He puts black ministers on the BSO payroll and gives them take home cars to support him. Hiring is in the toilet. It doesn't get much worse than this. The friends and family plan that Scotty uses has installed people that have never been any type of legitimate leader or has an ethical bone in their body. It is the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. They cover up felony crimes committed by their friends and family. Hypocrites have always been the most major problem in this organization. Now we have co-conspirators.
                    Last edited by So Fla Cop; 05-05-2018, 04:58 PM.
                    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

• Langford PR
                      Langford PR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry it came to that kind of a BS mess. His 'leadership' was on clear display to me after the shooting.

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post

What do you want to know? The place is in turmoil. This sheriff is an Fort Lauderdale retiree and he brought in his friends and family at 175K a year and they don't even have to show up. New policies punish deputies for doing any proactive police work, especially in minority neighborhoods where they are needed the most. Isreal rides around giving out turkeys. He puts black ministers on the BSO payroll and gives them take home cars to support him. Hiring is in the toilet. It doesn't get much worse than this. The friends and family plan that Scotty uses has installed people that have never been any type of legitimate leader or has an ethical bone in their body. It is the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. They cover up felony crimes committed by their friends and family. Hypocrites have always been the most major problem in this organization. Now we have co-conspirators.
                    Dam. That really sucks! Sure hope this guy is out soon, and the rest of the garbage go along with him. It’s gonna be a long and difficult road to recovery where the rank and file can once again feel good about their leadership.
                    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post

I know it won't be but I hope its unanimous for no confidence. Sheriff Israel should be fired. He's a disgusting political hack wearing a badge.
                      I'm honestly surprised how he hasn't been laughed out of his position from the "if and buts" incident. Like really?

Comment

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

I'm honestly surprised how he hasn't been laughed out of his position from the "if and buts" incident. Like really?
                        I never heard of the "ifs and buts" saying (before the Parkland school shooting). Here is the exact quote:

"Listen, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, O.J. Simpson would still be in the record books".

It sounds like arrogant deflection.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Yeah, when this POS made this little speech he was at his peak and I'm quite sure visions of DC posts or higher elected offices were circulating in his pea brain.....he's diarrhea wearing a badge. **** him.
                          Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel told the Stoneman Douglas students gathered for CNN's town hall that while his generation could not 'get it done' on the issue of gun reform in America, their generation can.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8641 users online. 459 members and 8182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X