Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 black men arrested at Philadelphia Starbucks draw outrage..One-sided story?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogue Mahone
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Just go in wearing blackface....

Be sure to get it all on video.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    So, I can go to a Starbucks, get told to leave for no reason, and make bank? Or does this not apply to me?
    Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Depends. Could work out great for you if you’re the right color.....
    Just go in wearing blackface....

Be sure to get it all on video.

Better yet...go in with a bunch of people all wearing blackface and start reciting Othello. Have everybody use the restroom, and don't order anything. When they ask you to leave tell them you heard that Starbucks offers free meeting space so you're holding auditions for your theater group. If they call the police, sue them for discriminating against Shakespeare and the performing arts.
    Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 05-03-2018, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PtownVAMike
    replied
    The sad thing is, I probably wouldn't have gotten the "real scoop" on this story if not for this forum.

Says a lot about our media, now doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    So, I can go to a Starbucks, get told to leave for no reason, and make bank? Or does this not apply to me?
    Depends. Could work out great for you if you’re the right color.....

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Number C.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Dunkin Donuts. Word Yo.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by Jane Q Public View Post

Almost like this was the planned "business opportunity" from the get-go. ("We're going to meet at Starbucks, but you just don't show up! Then we'll hang out there until the manager is fed up and calls the cops and we'll refuse to leave until we're forced to, and then $$$.") Of course, being the cynic that I am, I wonder if the "third person" even existed in the first place.
    I’m beginning to think that Starbucks may have had something to do with this. Lots of bad press lately, so something needed to be done to put them in a “good” light. They were quick to throw the manager under the bus, so for all we know, he could have been on his way out. They find a location where they put their act into play.

I’ve whittled down my visits to Starbucks over the years. This incident has caused me to stop all together.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. I’m thinking that Starbucks paid out at least 5, maybe 6 figures.

• Jane Q Public
    commented on 's reply
    The $1/person is only the public payment. There's also that " undisclosed and confidential financial settlement".

• Jane Q Public
    replied

Looks like ”ghetto lottery” has paid out once again.
    Almost like this was the planned "business opportunity" from the get-go. ("We're going to meet at Starbucks, but you just don't show up! Then we'll hang out there until the manager is fed up and calls the cops and we'll refuse to leave until we're forced to, and then $$$.") Of course, being the cynic that I am, I wonder if the "third person" even existed in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Pogue Mahone
    replied

$1 per person?

I didn't know the "ghetto lottery" had scratchers....

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Agenda anyone..?

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Agenda anyone..?

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    ****#UPDATE******
    Two black men arrested for sitting at a Philadelphia Starbucks without ordering anything settled with the city Wednesday for a symbolic $1 each and a promise from officials to set up a $200,000 program for young entrepreneurs.

The men and their lawyer told The Associated Press the settlement was an effort to make sure something positive came out of the incident.

"We thought long and hard about it and we feel like this is the best way to see that change that we want to see," said Donte Robinson, one of those arrested. "It's not a right-now thing that's good for right now, but I feel like we will see the true change over time."

The men also reached an undisclosed and confidential financial settlement with Starbucks earlier this week, the company announced in a news release.

The arrest of Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson on April 12 touched off a furor around the U.S. over racial profiling. They were led away in handcuffs and accused of trespassing after the manager called police, saying the men refused to buy anything or leave. After spending hours in jail, they were released and no charges were filed.

Their arrest record will be expunged as part of the deal.

The men said they were waiting at the coffee shop in the city's well-to-do Rittenhouse Square neighborhood for a business meeting with a third man about a potential real estate opportunity.
    "I am pleased to have resolved the potential claims against the city in this productive manner," Mayor Jim Kenney said. "This was an incident that evoked a lot of pain in our city and put us under a national spotlight for unwanted reasons."

Kenney said the men approached city about establishing the the entrepreneur program for Philadelphia public high school students.

Nelson said he considers the incident a case of being at "the wrong place at the right time because of the outcome that can come out of it."

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross, who is black, at first defended his officers' conduct, but days later issued a televised apology for the way the Starbucks call was handled.

During the uproar, Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson came to Philadelphia to apologize to the men. He also announced that more than 8,000 Starbucks stores in the U.S. would close on the afternoon of May 29 so nearly 175,000 employees can get training in unconscious bias.

SO If these diptards would've just spent the $2 to buy something in the first place all of this drama could've been prevented
    Two black men arrested for sitting at a Philadelphia Starbucks without ordering anything settled with the city Wednesday for a symbolic $1 each and a promise from officials to set up a $200,000 program for young...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8554 users online. 459 members and 8095 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X