Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 black men arrested at Philadelphia Starbucks draw outrage..One-sided story?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
    Racial division and bias isn't some fantasy. It's the product of a country that instituted slavery, neo-slavery, and Jim Crow laws. You can't erase 400 years of history in a couple generations. This is all part of why we are here, and why this conversation exists. If we existed in a vacuum where history and context didn't matter, then we could sit around wondering about why didn't these people just leave the store. But that's not how it works.
    And how in God's name is any of that MY FAULT? I get understanding it. But it's not MY debt to pay. No one alive today was EVER a slave. No one alive today EVER owned a slave.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

White settlers were massacred, enslaved, robbed, etc by Indians. Do we get reparations? If not, why?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post

And how in God's name is any of that MY FAULT? I get understanding it. But it's not MY debt to pay. No one alive today was EVER a slave. No one alive today EVER owned a slave.
        I don't think blaming people, or throwing around the term racist loosely helps anything. That just creates more animosity. But understanding it is important. If generations of my family were forced into slavery by black people, if that was my history, then I would hold a much different perspective on life than I do now.

This line of thinking that basically just tells black people "get over it" is just insulting. It's like telling a Jewish person to forget the history of the Holocaust. These people have direct lineages to this history, and there are elderly black people alive today that dealt with horrific racism. And there are societal consequences that result from 350 years of racist history. For white people to tell black people to shut up about racism is counterproductive. Part of understanding the history is understanding racism through the eyes of a black person. The reason it makes no sense to a white person is because they are white. I don't really get why this is so hard for people to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          White settlers were massacred, enslaved, robbed, etc by Indians. Do we get reparations? If not, why?
          This is insane. Settlers? more like invaders. Its 2018 lets be real about it.
          Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-25-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

You seem to be unable to seperate things. No one invaded North America. It’s 2018, why are we responsible for reparations to one group, and not all?

Comment

Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

Settlers? more like invaders....... This is insane, its 2018 lets be real about it.
              Fixed it for you.
              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

I believe that the board of an internet forum filled with cops (some of whom still represent their dept) is not the place to have this conversation. You can't give the proper tone and scope needed for this conversation through a series of back and forth banter. Just my opinion.

Comment

i·con·o·clast
                  īˈkänəˌklast/
                  noun
                  1. 1.
                    a person who attacks cherished beliefs or institutions.
                    synonyms: critic, skeptic; More
                  2. 2.
                    a destroyer of images used in religious worship, in particular.

Keep on dreaming, you are just a liberal with a keyboard. Please don't think that coming to a cop website and trying to bait us into arguing with a delusional person as being an iconoclast. I am assuming that you put the e on the end because you admire the French.

Comment

• iconoclaste
                    iconoclaste commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not trying to bait anyone. I am more liberal sure. But you're right, probably not the place. I don't think most people here really care what I think or want me posting here, so probably is better for me to just not. I will say I feel like I've learned a lot about your profession, and I've changed my mind about many things I believed before. I highly respect the job all of you do.
                    Last edited by iconoclaste; 04-26-2018, 12:17 PM. Reason: your/you're

You say you are not trying to bait anyone but, like Jager Meister, that is kinda hard to swallow. Your name would be an indicator that you are here to "challenge" us.

You want to really get a good perspective on what we do, go on a ride-along. Friday or Saturday swing or graves. Get a really hopping night and ask for the busiest area. Do this as many times as they will let you. I am sure that some departments have a limit as to how many you can do in a month/year.

Comment

I must be rusty on history, which is one of the things I studied in college. Exactly what country did the settlers invade?
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                      I must be rusty on history, which is one of the things I studied in college. Exactly what country did the settlers invade?
                      Settling would mean little to no people lived in the areas settled.
                      Last edited by TUNEDNIMPORTED; 04-26-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

The setters arrived in a land with a population basically mired in the stone age. The settlers arrived during a time when might made right. A policy that most nations followed until the last century. By the way, don't get your knickers in a knot over the issue of slavery. Just remember that the version of history being taught today does not relate the importance of slavery to the world economy up to the 19th century.

Comment

Sort of like one tribe moving into another tribes area..? Oh. Not involving Whites, so I guess it doesn't play to the agenda then.

You need to go back to school.

Comment

• Langford PR
                            Langford PR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Unfortunately, I'm quite certain its the schools that indoctrinated this person into ill-informed mindset.

Exactly, therefore they did not "invade". Thank you for making my point.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                            You say you are not trying to bait anyone but, like Jager Meister, that is kinda hard to swallow. Your name would be an indicator that you are here to "challenge" us.

You want to really get a good perspective on what we do, go on a ride-along. Friday or Saturday swing or graves. Get a really hopping night and ask for the busiest area. Do this as many times as they will let you. I am sure that some departments have a limit as to how many you can do in a month/year.
                            Ya, I could see why you would think that, and I can understand why people get sick of hearing about race. I think what most conservatives are trying to say about race is that it shouldn't and doesn't matter to them. That they treat all people the same regardless of their skin color. They also believe that when race is used as an excuse for whatever bad situation you got yourself into, then you are only hurting yourself with a victim mentality. I believe these to be good values, and I think there's really important truth in them. Also, you have cops who are risking their lives for the betterment of these communities being demonized by privileged liberals who would never set foot onto one of these blocks.

At the same time, I also think there are deep scars, deep psychological ramifications that result from hundreds of years of slavery and racism. This isn't to say that all people were implicit, clearly they were not. But I think it's irresponsible to act as if our history has not affected our present. Black people are every much American as any white person. The arrival of the first slave ship was in 1619, a year before the Mayflower ported in Cape Cod. There is no conversation about American history that does not involve the black man and his history as well. We can sit here and act as if this history didn't happen, and as if it has no consequences, or we could see our present through the lens of our past. I think the world makes much more sense if you do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12040 users online. 481 members and 11559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X