300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobacco Criminalization

Any out there in favor of this? It is a top killer of users, has no medicinal value, and undoubtabley causes much loss of productivitey, even if it is somewhat socially benign because users don't get high. Would it be worth it? We use the same logic for criminalizing other drugs.

Originally posted by bigislander72
    Any out there in favor of this?
    Then what? Alcohol,(we all know what a miserable failure that was) foods high in saturated fat, caffeine...??? No my friend, I have no desire to live in San Angeles, and listen to "Armor Hot Dog" commercials
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

72, you need to get off campus more. It's not like LE doesn't have enough to deal with already and then you want to throw in this. Ask the CDOC guys how well the removal of tobacco is going in the state prisons and then figure those same problems on a national level.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

A couple of the County Jails back home removed tobacco from their facilities.....

Guess what they are battling now...? Smuggling smokes and dip....along with weapons, drugs and homemade hooch that there were already battling.....

Comment

Smoking is quite unhealthy... HOWEVER, it doesn't produce any side effects that impair normal behavior. Well, unless you count those people that must take a 10 minutes smoke break every hour.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
            72, you need to get off campus more. It's not like LE doesn't have enough to deal with already and then you want to throw in this. Ask the CDOC guys how well the removal of tobacco is going in the state prisons and then figure those same problems on a national level.
            A: Nobody is forcing you to read and respond to this forum.

B: I would like to hear just one person out there pro-drug criminalization be true to the ideal and support making this harmful habit illegal. That is, those that feel it is the governments job to prevent its citizens from harming themselves.

ALso, I don't really think prohibition was any more of a failure than the WOD. I thought that the statistics showed that alcohol consumption went down substantially during prohibition,(I beleive Loren is wrong here). Therefore it was a "success" The gov. just caved in to the dealers, thats all. They gave up.
            Last edited by bigislander72; 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

B: I would like to hear just one person out there pro-drug criminalization be true to the ideal and support making this harmful habit illegal. That is, those that feel it is the governments job to prevent its citizens from harming themselves.

ALso, I don't really think prohibition was any more of a failure than the WOD. The gov. just caved in to the dealers, thats all. They gave up.
              What are you smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Magicman
                What are you smoking?
                Trying to quit cigarettes, if I can resist the dealers today.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                  Smoking is quite unhealthy... HOWEVER, it doesn't produce any side effects that impair normal behavior. Well, unless you count those people that must take a 10 minutes smoke break every hour.
                  How about alcohol prohibition once again? It wasn't really in effect long enough to prove it didn't work.

Comment

Trying to quit cigarettes, if I can resist the dealers today.

Would you like to buy a pack sir? We have a special, buy 2 and save a dollar.

Comment

Nope, no more than anyone is forcing you to post your question here. If you are trying to quit then good for you but don't blame the dealers on your problem. Just go get a patch, get hypnotized, get a girlfriend that hates it and nags you to death about it, whatever it takes.

"Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

NO. I want y'all to come an put me in handcuffs and make my life he##, and force me to rat out my sources...then offer me protection from RJ Reynolds
                        LMFAO
                        shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

Tobacco kills 3,000 NON-users every year in this country, so it's not as simple as saying it dosen't affect anyone else's safety.

However, this being America, I wouldn't want to see it banned. I really like all the "no smoking in public" that is gaining ground, though.
                          If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Ban tobacco? No way! I wish we'd lift the embargo so I could get some real Cubans.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I'm biased because I can't f'n stand smokers, drinking, or drugs, but it makes no sense to me to have marijuana illegal and booze/cigs legal.
                              How can someone say "recreational" private use of pot is bad but the same use/abuse of alcohol is socially acceptable?
                              Drunk in public, bust them. Drunk while driving, screw 'em harder. Drunk and cause an injury (DV, fights, etc), send them up the river. And exactly the same goes with pot.

But if people think it is OK to be drunk in the privacy of your own home or a bar, how can they think different of someone doing the same with pot?

I would love it if prohibition could work and tobacco could be eliminated also, but realistically there is no way in hell it could ever be, so I figure if the use can't be stopped than the misuse should be heavily penalized. Why not with pot also?

I hate that this sounds like I am pro-pot, but I just think it is all or nothing. Anything in between is hypocritical.

Consult your physician to see if the 'Pism is right for you. Symptoms may include euphoria, smugness, moistness, and increased sarcasm levels. Discontinue use if you experience nausea, vomiting, or a condition lasting longer than 4 hours. Your mileage may vary, first time buyers are welcome, and wait at least 30 minutes before swimming. See our ad in this month's Cosmo, net weight before cooking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5607 users online. 310 members and 5297 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X