Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Agent shot and killed

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/06/nyregion/06bank.html

Close to home, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Comment

Now the media is saying that the FBI agent was killed by a "accidental discharge" by a fellow colleague.

What's the difference between accidental discharge and negligent discharge?

Comment

N o t h i n g.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

very quickly-

Negligent means you failed to do something you should have done- a crime of ommission.

accidential means unintended circumstances through no fault of the actor.
          10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

sad situation and I doubt the agent that shot him will ever recover emotionally.

Comment

Sad.... Wish the best for both familys

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall
                very quickly-

Negligent means you failed to do something you should have done- a crime of ommission.

Theoritically, couldn't it be considered a negligent discharge?
                I mean obviously the agent who shot the other agent never fully checked what was in the sights of his weapon (something he probably should have done).

By your definition, it could also have been "accidental" as it had "unintended consequences".

Comment

I answered the question about definitions.

As for this specific tradegy, I think I'll wait until I have more information than what I heard on the 3 minutes news cast. Let's hear at least 10% of the facts before we start establishing culpability.

Remember, we are innocent until proven guilty (in a court of law, not in the newspaper) and I find it hard to believe an FBI SWAT member was criminally negligent.
                  10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Originally posted by nitromt
                    Theoritically, couldn't it be considered a negligent discharge?
                    I mean obviously the agent who shot the other agent never fully checked what was in the sights of his weapon (something he probably should have done).

By your definition, it could also have been "accidental" as it had "unintended consequences".
                    Originally posted by HardBall
                    Guns don't just go "boom". A gun will lie there forever and never go off on it's own accord. Some one does something to make it go "boom" so it wouldn't seem to fit under HB's definition, but then ... his definition of accident appears in error.
                    Mirriam Webster's defines Accidental thusly:
                    Accidental:
                    Main Entry: 1ac·ci·den·tal
                    Pronunciation: "ak-s&-'den-t&l
                    Function: adjective
                    1 : arising from extrinsic causes : INCIDENTAL, NONESSENTIAL
                    2 a : occurring unexpectedly or by chance b : happening without intent or through carelessness and often with unfortunate results
                    I think it fits 2b.

Bad deal in any case.
                    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4910 users online. 273 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X