300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati

I am curious as to the reputation/stories going around other parts of the country regarding the issues that Cincinnati has been dealing with since the riots in April 01'. As a resident I really don't have a good grasp of how others are viewing the city from abroad. Just curious?

You want to know how I think of the Cinncinati situation.....?

I think the cops there are in a Sgt. Schultz "I see nothing" mode. I think to do otherwise would expose them to the group of race baiting cop haters that brow beat the media and gutless politicans into oblivian.

I think that,unsurprisngly the Hollywood left also have jumped on the boycott bandwagon.

How can the citizens of Cinncinati sleep at night knowing that Whoopi 'Center square' Goldberg canceled her comedy show there?!
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Your pretty much dead on. Arrests in the city are way down compared to previous years. I know quite a few CPD officers and they feel as though if they do their job the way it is supposed to be done then they might put themselves at a high risk for complaints, etc. The media here has gone overboard. The main newspaper recently put color photos of ten CPD officers in the paper and listed all of the complaints and reprimands that they had received. The horse is dead but they continue to kick it.

Comment

Should that be legal? I mean, the newspaper's probably going to cause alot of trouble for those officers. Additionaly, made these complaints? Seems like many criminals and other low-lifes certainly would do something like this to get off the hook.
        Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
        -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by n567:
          Should that be legal? I mean, the newspaper's probably going to cause alot of trouble for those officers. Additionaly, made these complaints? Seems like many criminals and other low-lifes certainly would do something like this to get off the hook.
          Of course it shouldn't be legal. Stupid free speech.

Comment

Outlet-

I cannot speak for him but I think he was referring more to the media's irresponsible coverage. I don't think he or anyone else here thinks free speech is "stupid".

Your smart *****, dare I say stupid reply proves free speech is alive and well on this BB.

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: BRICKCOP ]
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

The Cincinnati Enquirer did the article in response to the local cries about officers and the complaints filed against them. Since the information is "public documents", the paper listed the complaints accompanied by a photo. The only officer of the group without a photo was an undercover. I was appalled that they did this to these guys and gals. I can only imagine what their kids and family were thinking when they opened up the paper. Every single complaint lodged was by a convicted criminal and many of the complaints never went anywhere because of the source. I just feel as though the media here is anti police. I sometimes wonder what the reaction would be if all of the people that rioted and picketed were placed on a list and this list was referenced before a unit was dispatched to their residence to assist them when the needed help. Luckily I'll be working in a pro police community just outside Cincinnati.

The "racial profiling" issue in Cincy has been blown way out of proportion and I was curious how other states media was presenting it so I made the post. With the way the neighborhoods are it is almost unreal to believe that people keep using the race card instead of taking responsibility for their actions.

When it comes to free speech I am all for it. I just prefer it to be valid and truthful.

Comment

What community is that Bigmig? I understand if you don't want to say.

I live outside Cincy myself and I agree with you about the media being biased against police. Channel 19 is especially the worst IMO.

I've ridden extensively with Cincy police and know several CPD officers and they are all of good ilk.

I've also ridden with the Cincy Fire Department and was surprised that they face a lot of resentment also. After the riots the community they help started throwing rocks at them too. Then 09/11 came and everyone sent them food baskets and pictures drawn by kids. Then a few weeks later, the rocks started back again. It's pretty bad when first responders have to wear bullet proof vests on some calls in certain areas of the city.

How are you liking Cincy's new advertising campaign? I thought it was especially funny the ad of Luken sitting at a table with 8 other city leaders... all of whom, were black. I mean, isn;t it obvious what their intent is? lol
                No partner is worth your tears -
                the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

RAYCHELR:

I'll be in a neighboring county to Hamilton County.

I agree with you completely about the way the CFD were treated during the riot and then after 9-11 and then again recently. I can't believe that things are to the point that citizens are blocking off roads near over the rhine and the police are unable to do anything about it because they are scared of what it might make certain people in the community do.

I am also ashamed at the residents of Evendale that continue to picket officer Roach. Some of these residents say they don't want him there but I guarantee that if they called 911 because someone was breaking into their home they wouldn't turn down his service!

Certain groups are biting the hand that feeds (protects) them. I have a hard time seeing their point of view.

As far as Mayor Luken goes I am happy for the most part with his choices. I like how he chooses to not negotiate with certain groups and he seems to call a spade a spade. Some things he does I may not agree with but all in all I fell like he supports the police. I sometimes wish the chief was as supportive as Fangman but it's really all politics when it is boiled down.

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: BigMig ]

Comment

hmmmm makes you wonder what would happen if the police suddenly came down with the blue flu and could not work for a few days? I bet a lot of opinions on what the police actually do for a city would be either changed for the better or off that hatered path that it seems to be taken.

Klar
                    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5572 users online. 365 members and 5207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X