X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retired96
    Retired Sgt. LASD
    • Jun 2005

Worthless officer needs a blanket party

Makes me sick hearing the conduct of this worthless officer.
    CLEVELAND – The FOX 8 I TEAM has obtained exclusive video showing a Cleveland Police officer saying he won’t help other officers deal with a dangerous man because he doesn’t want to end up un…
    Retired LASD
  • Curt5811
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2016

The new breed.
    You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

• CCCSD
      Shadowman
      • Jul 2014

Must be nice to have such dedicated cops like that.

Hope he gets a party...

Comment

• GangGreen712
        Gun nut
        • Mar 2008

He should get fired, but I'm sure the city sees him as one less future lawsuit, and will want others to follow his example. He'll probably get a gig at the police academy teaching some course about how to stay out of trouble and brag to the recruits that "In my [number] years in law enforcement, I've never had a complaint against me, and I'm the only officer on the force who's never been sued!"
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

• reils49
          reils49 commented
          Editing a comment
          Or he will become a boss and have that mentality.
      • nobodyjr
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2008

But he's not wrong about how much blue team sucks....

Comment

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain’t that the truth.
      • ateamer
        Salty Dog
        • Aug 2000

Find a sergeant who, somewhere in the officer's career - maybe at a training day, roll call or even in the locker room - told him that if a fellow officer is in a fight, you back him up. Document that he heard those words from a higher-ranking officer and then terminate him for insubordination.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

• reils49
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2006

And this is the downside of police unions.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• m.p.c
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2010

He'll be a Chief someday, mark my words

Comment

• nobodyjr
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by reils49
              I'm part of a union and was appalled at their unions response. It's ridiculous. They have to represent him in a disciplinary action, but they should not have commented in that manner before an investigation is completed.
              Last edited by nobodyjr; 03-07-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Pogue Mahone
                Rouser of Rabble
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by m.p.c
                This Space For Rent

Comment

• nobodyjr
                  nobodyjr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's embarrassing that guy came from home.
                  Last edited by nobodyjr; 03-07-2018, 12:25 PM.

• Pogue Mahone
                  Pogue Mahone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SDPD or SPD?

• HI629
                  HI629 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He kind of looks like a jack@$$ we’re working on getting out right now!
              • Curt5811
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by reils49
                The downside? I'm not seeing it.

The union has a role to play. They have to side with the officer, whether they personally think he acted properly or not. He is still entitled to representation, and to have them make sure all of his employment rights are observed.

Originally posted by nobodyjr
                I'm a union director and was appalled at their unions response. It's ridiculous. They have to represent him in a disciplinary action, but they should not have commented in that manner before an investigation is completed.
                "Cleveland Police Union President Jeff Follmer said, “No excuses. Lessons learned. He realizes he made some mistakes.”

I'm not seeing a reason to be appalled. They basically admitted his conduct wasn't acceptable.

They did need to comment. The rest of the troops needed to hear the union say it will support and defend each of them equally and with enthusiasm.

Trust me... I get frustrated when my union successfully defends some chronic moron who 's got a stack of IA files in his name. If the bosses would do their job correctly, and follow progressive discipline rules, we wouldn't have to work with these knobs. I don't blame the union for defending guys like this. I blame the agency for not using the tools it has to get rid of a problem child... the right way.
                You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

• nobodyjr
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Curt5811

The downside? I'm not seeing it.

The union has a role to play. They have to side with the officer, whether they personally think he acted properly or not. He is still entitled to representation, and to have them make sure all of his employment rights are observed.

"Cleveland Police Union President Jeff Follmer said, “No excuses. Lessons learned. He realizes he made some mistakes.”

I'm not seeing a reason to be appalled. They basically admitted his conduct wasn't acceptable.

They did need to comment. The rest of the troops needed to hear the union say it will support and defend each of them equally and with enthusiasm.

Trust me... I get frustrated when my union successfully defends some chronic moron who 's got a stack of IA files in his name. If the bosses would do their job correctly, and follow progressive discipline rules, we wouldn't have to work with these knobs. I don't blame the union for defending guys like this. I blame the agency for not using the tools it has to get rid of a problem child... the right way.
                  Because it's more than making mistakes. This is not a mistake. It's a conscious decision to endanger other officers, blow off his duty, and to embarrass every other officer there. He deserves representation for the disciplinary action, but he does not deserve a public defense. the union minimized his actions, which throws shade on every other cop out there. In public the union represents every member. Some people don't belong being cops. To defend him publicly is to throw down the other cops he burned. You represent everyone here.
                  Last edited by nobodyjr; 03-01-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Curt5811
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by nobodyjr
                    Because it's more than making mistakes. This is not a mistake. It's a conscious decision to endanger other officers, blow off his duty, and to embarrass every other officer there. He deserves representation for the disciplinary action, but he does not deserve a public defense. the union minimized his actions, which throws shade on every other cop out there. In public the union represents every member. Some people don't belong being cops. To defend him publicly is to throw down the other cops he burned. You represent everyone here.
                    I understand your frustration, but I can't agree. The union has to defend him. That's their purpose. As was pointed out, the investigation is still ongoing. Of course they're going to minimize.

Did he just one day decide to not do his job? I think there is a long history that hasn't been disclosed yet. I fully agree that some people just don't belong being cops. I lay that squarely at the feet of Administration and the Academy. How did his attitude not get discovered during hiring? Most officers serve a year's probation and FTO during which firing is a piece of cake. How many extra chances has this clown gotten in the past? There are multiple layers that are supposed to weed out ******bags like this one. How many actually get weeded out? Admin failed you, not the union.

We had a female it took ten years to fire. Admin had foot-high stacks of documentation of her near-continuous screwing up and open refusal to follow SOP. When she was sent to Patrol, she was given three different FTOs. I had to provide remedial training, and wrote that she was literally untrainable. She just wouldn't do what she was told. One month, she was sent as the closest squad to two separate serious injury crashes, yet never showed up at either scene. They had CAD GPS mapping records of her driving in circles instead of responding. Her supervisors gave this stubborn cow 50 (fifty, and in 5-0) employee activity documentation write-ups for incompetence. The supervisors kept giving her warnings and second chances. Over and over and over. They never bothered to take it to the next steps... because that would've meant doing a real IA write-up.

Comment

• RGDS
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2009

Well, as I have been told “the union defends the process not the person” if you eff up... bye bye.

All this said, never lose sight of the already stated fact: the employing agency sees this person as a minimal liability.

what they forget is... while this person may not cause a civil rights lawsuit, he will cause an industrial disability and may even get someone killed. Death=lawsuits. They should fire him. I would rather deal with a partner who panics than deal with a coward.
                      semper destravit

Comment

• Aerohead
                        BOFA
                        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by m.p.c
                        Probably fast-tracked.
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 31313 users online. 62 members and 31251 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...