300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy US Marshal

I am currently an IEA with ICE and I was just called for an interview for the position of Deputy US MArshal. I was wondering if there are any Marshals out there who can tell me the pros and cons of this position. Any advice is appreciated.

Hey you got selected for the interview in NY right?

me too......., how many people they said they will hire this time?

Comment

they are sorta like bailiff's for the federal court system

they transport a lotta prisoners
      enforce court orders
      do fugitive apprehension for warrants
      work task forces with locals as well.
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Just watch The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals to learn everything you need to know!!! jk.
        "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightHeat
          I am currently an IEA with ICE and I was just called for an interview for the position of Deputy US MArshal. I was wondering if there are any Marshals out there who can tell me the pros and cons of this position. Any advice is appreciated.
          Never been one, but the deputy marshals I've known said their work is about 1/2 boring and tedious and 1/2 interesting police work. They compare themselves to a federal sheriff's office, rather than just court bailiffs. This is because they have many of the duties that fall to a sheriff's office - transport and security of prisoners, courtroom security, personal protection of judges and other legal personnel, etc. That's the mostly boring part. The interesting part is when they have their turn on the fugitive detail. Most deputies rotate in and out of this assignment.

It's not uncommon for the USMS to call you and say "be on the plane to Phoenix by 1600," so if your personal lifestyle would go sideways if you had to be gone overnight (or much longer) unexpectedly, this is not the job for you. Likewise for shifts that suddenly change, because they are not going to be sympathetic when you say you can't take the night watch on the surveillance of the U.S. Attorney's house after he gets a threatening letter from a bad guy.

Then there's the assignment of standing on the roof of the U.S. courthouse with an AR-15, which would be cool for about ten minutes before it started to suck.
          Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Used to work with Marshal's in NYC.
            UNLESS THINGS HAVE CHANGED....................
            for the first 4 years you will be a 0082 and working in the court system. meaning you will stand in court for 4 or more years.
            Then you will do 6 months on and off for... court, warrants and task forces.

If you get on try and transfeer out asap to another state where the court duty is a lot less such as 6 months on and off
            live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6325 users online. 373 members and 5952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X