300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding police memorial

I have a high school intern rider today. We were talking about expectations I have and what to do if I'm injured or hurt- he jsut kinda smirked at me and asked how likely iis it that would happen. We drove back to my office and I looked up the numbers for just this year. But I can't find the number that says how many officers have been killed since the first one- anyone know how many all time died?
    "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

I found an abstract here http://www.leeforum.com/articledetail.php?recordID=222

snip:
    From 1976 to 1998, an average of 79 officers have been murdered each year in the line of duty (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2001).
    And the Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund here http://nleomf.org/TheMemorial/Facts/...ySacrifice.htm

Between 1900 and the end of 1998, a total of 14,010 federal, state and local law enforcement officers in the United States were killed in the line of duty. Based on preliminary records for 1999, it appears that at least another 130 officers made the ultimate sacrifice during the past 12 months. These figures are in stark contrast to the 824 law enforcement officers who are known to have died in the line of duty during the 1800’s.
    Hope that helps.
    "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

I went to the advanced search on ODMP and did not put in the start date, end date 2007.... 18,623. First officer listed is in 1791. If you do 1900-2007 it is 17, 240.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
      and I'm not sure about the former.
      -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

odmp.org give us the running total...with additions, all the time for historical discoveries.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4628 users online. 283 members and 4345 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X