Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Booth
    Guest replied
    As for the gansta rap comment.... If I see some thugged out white young adult blasting rap from his car in front of the convience store I am on edge the same as if I see the same in an african american.
    My dad just hated the Jimi Hendrix shirt I used to wear.....Let alone the Hendrix and Doors music I used to blast from my car.....I wonder if his dad felt the same way when he blasted his Stan Kenton and Dave Brubeck West Coast j*** music...."Damned odd time signatures!!! Why can't you stick with Sousa and clap on one and three like the rest of us?!?!?!"
    Last edited by ; 04-04-2007, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TX_DTO_77
    replied
    I usually reply with.. "No sir/ma'am, I am an equal opportunity a-hole."
    Last edited by TX_DTO_77; 04-04-2007, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ten Six
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Bighead
    I don't see David Duke getting national coverage by the major media while be touted as a legitimate activist. If race pimps like Al Sharpton were really concerned about helping their people, they would focus more on the plague of black-on-black violence that runs rampant in our cities, and less on the exploitation of tragic mistakes made by police officers acting in good faith.

Why the media continue to give Al Sharpton a megaphone, and why the people of this country continue to listen to his drivel is amazing to me.
    Are you serious???
    David Duke

Leave a comment:

• Bighead
    replied
    Originally posted by Leopold99
    Al Sharpton must be really proud of himself.
    Originally posted by Ten Six
    No more than David Duke.
    I don't see David Duke getting national coverage by the major media while be touted as a legitimate activist. If race pimps like Al Sharpton were really concerned about helping their people, they would focus more on the plague of black-on-black violence that runs rampant in our cities, and less on the exploitation of tragic mistakes made by police officers acting in good faith.

Why the media continue to give Al Sharpton a megaphone, and why the people of this country continue to listen to his drivel is amazing to me.

Leave a comment:

• lazycop
    replied
    Reason for Editing.
    Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 02:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 10-97UPD
    replied
    Originally posted by Loren Pechtel
    Most "discrimination" is of the sort previously mentioned in this thread--people blaming some -ism for their own failings.

AA, however, is like the discrimination of old--actual harm.
    Speaking of "ism" how about professionalism? Us as Police Officers deal with the "race card" and other scenarios day in and day out. It is one of those things that will never go away and we knew it was an issue we were going to have to face when we took this job. The way I see it..professionalism wins over the other "isms" every time. Let them spout off...who cares..it gets old but like the old saying.."sticks and stones may break my bones.......". They will have their day in court.

Leave a comment:

• Loren Pechtel
    replied
    Originally posted by LongLegz
    As does skin color. And that is actually "real discrimination" as well. Like, I don't understand...so you want us to concede that Whites are discriminated against, but yet you don't want to concede that minorities are?
    Most "discrimination" is of the sort previously mentioned in this thread--people blaming some -ism for their own failings.

AA, however, is like the discrimination of old--actual harm.

Leave a comment:

• Camo Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by DOAcop38
    Maybe if we tried to be "American" first ,we'd all get along so much better.
    Best words in the thread. Wish it were that simple.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by Frank Booth
    \

There's no shortage of Irish Pride at the St. Patrick's Day Parade is there? I'm not a big fan of "pride" based on ethinc background. After all, you didn't have to "work" at being Irish, Polish, or whatever.

Thanks,Frank -somebody who "gets it".Everyday a person who's blk wakes up and they "are Blk" period- no effort,no fuss.They walk out to work( hopefully) and meet their co-workers (Irish or dutch ) who didn't have to spinkle some magic pixie dust on his or herself to "be what they are either",and most likely those folks will all speak the same language of the land -the "americanized version" of ENGLISH.While being "proud" of what you are is not bad- you don't have to go and beat other people over the head with it.On St Patricks day in L.A. most everybody is swearing up and down-BLk,Wht, even hisp and asian that "somebody in their family " is from the blessed green isle.

I once got into a "heated" arguement at school about a certain Prof Ron Karinga ( a true Scumbag ,in terms of hijacking modern Blk reinterpretation of Blk american culture)Back in the day he,and alot of his "misinformed" followers were pushing Swahili as the "language" of our (Afro american ) forefathers- Problem? Kiswahili is a LANGUAGE of slavery used by Eastern african & mid eastern/muslims merchants in the mid ages and up to the 19th century-Most American "blks" descended from peoples on the WEST coast of African and would have probably NEVER even known or HEARD of the language-and would have been FAR more familiar with ENGLISH,DUTCH,french language and social customs. That and the FACT that "Old Ron" was a KNOWN paid FBI informant ( so much for his militancy),probable murderer ( of Blk Panther bunchy Carter on the campus of UCLA-all over a political "debate"), and CONVICTED FELON -( Raped and tortured several Blk women- so much for protecting members of the "race").the idea of "Kwanzaaa" was made up by him and his associates- no such festival or ceremony in Africa-( and he still PROFITS from all those cards and merchandise from it ,while preaching its "virtues" as a ancient Western african traditon to unite Blk people) -akin to telling an Irish american christian that "leprachauns " are the true gods of Ireland.Maybe if we tried to be "american" first ,we'd all get along so much better........
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-01-2007, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishluck31
    They opened themselves up to the law suit and the cops won. This is a good thing Tony, its good when the Cops win agains the admin. if your gonna draw lines in the sand, do it between the bosses and the street cops, not between cops and other cops.
    I too ditto that opinion. just make sure that the "union" body is on board with it ,so NOBODY gets screwed ( keeps the reverse discrimination and racial conflict out,promotes FAIR harmony in all work members)

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by superkoopa
    I love how the so-called "minorities" can display "Brown Pride" or "Black Pride" types of things, but if white people displayed "White Pride" we would be called racists/supremacists. A lot of people don't realize that in certain cities, towns, etc. white people ARE a minority. With the abundance of diverse people and different races living in the U.S., non-white people aren't quite minorities in a lot of places anymore. Let it be known that I have no problem with people taking pride in their heritage, but I just thought this needed to be pointed out because it's some good food for thought.

"WHITE PRIDE" has been hijacked by Neo nazis and other such pukes',til it will get that kind of (bad)response.And you are totally ignoring history- minorities were once forced to accept the Western Euro centric opinions of what culture is,so in the late sixties their emerged ethnic factions in latino and Afro american communities that mirrored the growing power of emerging Pan African and Spanish speaking nations around the world( central America fought for its rights up until the 80s, African nations becoming independent are still struggling today)Nobody calls you "racist" for saying "I'm proud to be Italian" or Kiss me,I'm Irish, or "dutch and proud", or "Proud to be a Scotsman"but to just say I'm "white"??? what nation says they are White ????Not even england - descendants of Anglo-saxons,romans, and Normans( who themselves are descended from Scandanavians).the Nordic peoples don't run around and have "we're white men days"-it was the boneheads after the civil war ,like Confederate Gen'l Nathan forrest and his ilk(KKK) that made the issue of being "White" a divisive line in the sand between whos the "Better" race in this country and those who "don't belong".

P.S. crying about the "so-called " whts being minorities in this country ? Who exactly is letting in these NON wht folks who are changing our society?? "so called Blks" are part of the american society( their # have never been more that 10-12%)-with the difference only in skin color(and "if" you saw some of my relatives you wouldn't even know they aren't "wht") Blk americans SHARE the same National identity as "so called" whts- same parallel history,political heroes,nationalist ideals-sometimes its often "scary" - www.uscab.org
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-01-2007, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    I would never hint around that you might be lying, I would come out and call you a liar. thats not at all what I did. I read the 39 pages, that wasnt the link I was having problems with, and i believe on page 12 it makes reference to 23 black, 2 hispanic and 27 white officers. thats 52.

Now in reading further the law suit goes onto say that the discrimination wa agains white officers also. In the end, it appears that the 52 mentioned before did get promoted, as well as 264 more white, black and hispanic officers and like I said it looks to me like it was the City's fault for not being able to stay consistant with the promotion policies, add and eliminating parts of the test.

They opened themselves up to the law suit and the cops won. This is a good thing Tony, its good when the Cops win agains the admin. if your gonna draw lines in the sand, do it between the bosses and the street cops, not between cops and other cops.
    It is a hard read. Alot of lawyer jargon and other confusing language and numbers because thats what lawyers do. The first portion of the 39 pages blended actions/complaints regarding tests from past years and past complaints. There never will be consistency, because every test is met with controversy to those who don't pass and something is then changed to make it 'fair'. The recent judges order, which I'm referring to, resulted in promotions given to about 50 people, for whatever reason, who couldn't pass a test.
    The recent promotions, a couple of weeks ago, included no one from other races. It's not something to argue about, the local paper even referenced MLKs 'free at last' on the front page of the paper, regarding the racial makeup of the newly promoted.

Leave a comment:

• Irishluck31
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o
    I've got dial up and even I got the second address to open up with the 39 pages. I'ts the right case. All you have to do is go down towards the end where the statements about the written part of the test are. The claim that minorities do poorly on written tests and that the written portion was given too much weight. Find statements where the city intentionally sought to discriminate, which is rediculous in a city that is 67 percent black. The prior tests where security was mentioned is because people were cheating like hell.
    You've got the information that you've been wanting, look at it. So don't come back and say that what I was saying was not so and hint around that I'm lying about the number that was promoted.

I would never hint around that you might be lying, I would come out and call you a liar. thats not at all what I did. I read the 39 pages, that wasnt the link I was having problems with, and i believe on page 12 it makes reference to 23 black, 2 hispanic and 27 white officers. thats 52.

Now in reading further the law suit goes onto say that the discrimination wa agains white officers also. In the end, it appears that the 52 mentioned before did get promoted, as well as 264 more white, black and hispanic officers and like I said it looks to me like it was the City's fault for not being able to stay consistant with the promotion policies, add and eliminating parts of the test.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Ok, I'll say something about it. Is it the right case? it was posted by someone who is not you, so I really didnt know if it was the right stuff. I could only get one of the links to open and it looked like two (2) females had filed suit, not 50. I would think 50 would be a class action, but I dont know jack about the lawyer crap so I wont try to fake it. From what I read, it appeared that the suit was because the Memphis has trouble keeping the testing consistant.

Fight the power tony o.
    I've got dial up and even I got the second address to open up with the 39 pages. I'ts the right case. All you have to do is go down towards the end where the statements about the written part of the test are. The claim that minorities do poorly on written tests and that the written portion was given too much weight. Find statements where the city intentionally sought to discriminate, which is rediculous in a city that is 67 percent black. The prior tests where security was mentioned is because people were cheating like hell.
    You've got the information that you've been wanting, look at it. So don't come back and say that what I was saying was not so and hint around that I'm lying about the number that was promoted.

Leave a comment:

• Irishluck31
    replied
    Originally posted by superkoopa
    I love how the so-called "minorities"
    Not sure I understand. less that 15% is a minority, right. Have things changed?

As far as the T-shirts that say Brown Pride or whatever, get over it. It is OK for people to be proud of who they are and what they are. Its not offensive unless you dont like who they are or what they are, maybe your the one with the problem. I wear my Irish Pride T-shirt every now and then, because I am Irish and proud. If you dont like it, dont fricken look at me. You wont hurt my feelings, I swear.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2978 users online. 172 members and 2806 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X