• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by tony.o
    No, actually it happened like I stated.
    then your Dept SUCKS and you need to lateral to place that respects civil service standards of employment,fair promotion and ,employee protection

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by firestone88
    ...so, you're calling me racist because I asked others how they deal with being called racist for doing their jobs? Thanks.

"No"- more like "immature". people will bait you into anything they can to put the "burn" on you they feel for getting caught "dirty".If it were West Hlywd ,you'd hear it about being "homophobic", West L.A. would tell you "why aren't you down in the "hood" jamming up real thugs- maybe you're too scared and like to pick on WORKING folks!", fairfax district ? "you're an anti-semite".Stop being naive and blaming one group of folks for pulling the SAME crap everyone else does- grow a thicker skin and do your JOB........

Leave a comment:

• firestone88
    replied
    Originally posted by Ten Six
    What about those that aren't considered for employment simply because they were black? No one here champions their cause. All of the racial stuff is tiring. This thread started out as white cops versus black citizens. Now someone is trying to turn into white cops versus black cops. Why do some forum members insist on portraying black people as the nemesis? Why does every racial topic, no matter how is starts out, develops into inflammatory and defaming exchange pitting black and white members agianst each other?

Mr. Dees, tear down this wall!

...so, you're calling me racist because I asked others how they deal with being called racist for doing their jobs? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by firestone88
    It happened today- this black dude was cruising about 15 under the speed limit in an old squarebox Crown Vic, and cut me off when he merged into traffic. As a PST, I can't go and pull people over, but I can write parking tickets. As I slowed down to avoid hitting him, I noticed his tags were expired, and as he parked at the liquor store, I followed him and wrote him a parking ticket for improper tabs. He said "You were just on the way to go do something, and you stopped everything to write me a ticket! You can't do that! It's only 'cuz I'm black! That's racial profiling!"

Nah, I think it's just a matter of him driving like a dumbass and me noticing and doing what little I can about it.

WHY DO YOU CARE??? it takes only one person in an arguement to be a fool,so why join in with them? Ihad a wht driver in a SAAB blow a red lite near a major intersection.I pulled him over and pointed toward all the local H.S. kids he could have hit on a bus bench nearby-his reply?"If I were a BRO,you'd have let me slide"-I actually told him he was a Stupid SOB and he could happily take the ticket and file a complaint on me if he wanted too(haven't heard diddly on the ticket yet and its been over 40 days).If you are dilligent in doing your job, too bad ,soo sad for anyone who doesn't undertstand or respect that,Blk or wht,or anything in between !!!

I drew down last nite on a big ol' "bro'man" due to a radio call that he was walking around the pkg lot of a local N' and Out burgers wearing a" bullet proof vest" and possibly armed- he saw me ,refused to reply to my orders even got ****ed when old GLOCK came out out and he got proned out-although he was the source of the call- from the later inv.we found that there was no proof that he had committed a crime or was armed,just some ctzn that was "scared" by the way he looks-typical in L.A. for folks to always "add" a gun into the call.His response? "I didn't do what you wanted at first becuase I didn't do anything and get sick of being hassled by police officers!!".The reality? Some Blks ACTUALLY DO get picked on by police officers(Blk/wht/hisp) JUST becuase of the way they look or dress,and this frustrates them ( ditto in my area for some young wht/asian/hisp teen males who are mainly doing stupid ,non criminal "kid stuff" or NOTHING AT ALL). Bottom line, like on that call - I did what I was trained and empowered to do,and I had no problem apologizing for making him feel anything less than being treated fair( whether he accepted it or not wasn't my problem).same should be for you-if you felt that you weren't going out of your way to ticket that vehicle,then you did your job and **** on him for not following the law and registering his vehicle.If you don't see it as a "Blk and Wht" issue then it ISN'T,but "if" you do- you ( and that includes ALL of you who read this) are in the WRONG line of business- go find a job doing something else.

Stop crying about what Blk folks or anyone else thinks- the only reason any of you CRY about the crap is that you might actually be carrying some kind of "issue" toward minorities. Why even post comments ? its not like you haven't all been challenged by non minorities over a ticket or a ped stop or inv. before -people are going to naturally challenge you about their "rights",no matter what race. I find these "blk folks" are always " racist/criminals/ trouble makers" posts funny as hell becuase I've YET to see any hisp,Blk or asian posters blogging about how they HATE some Hayseed criminals in oklahoma or ran into bunch of drunken irish thugs in boston and can't stand them !!! I could sound EQUALLY DUMB by posting that my Dept was almost entirely Blk and Hisp in 1990 and NOW is 40% white and I feel "cheated"(HOW???).But wouldn't ALL of you "notice" how RACIST that sounds ?????? And the "questions" to that would be 1) what the F*ck does that have to do with me having a job in L.E.????? 2) what difference does it make when i still have a job and recieve pay and raises ???!!!! hhmmmm- now turn the mirror around;get the "picture" yet???........
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-29-2007, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by DOAcop38
    ITS MORE than that- they city you work for ( agency) may still have an AA program that it wasn't meeting,and when the lawsuit went thru- the Dept "freaked " and did a knee jerk butt covering move,allowing maybe half the # who are capable candidates,but also allowing an equal # of knuckleheads! I hate to see anyone( no matter what race or sex) who is INCOMPETENT be promoted,but its not just incompetent Blks that are getting over in this "Game",and thats what is really bringing down L.E.
    No, actually it happened like I stated.

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Yes, that is the only reason. The test takers were ranked by their scores. A number of people needed were taken from the top scoreres down and if your score fell beyond that number that was needed, you didn't get promoted. A lawsuit was filed and a promotion was ordered by a judge and about 50 were promoted.
    It's no big deal to me, it helps me with seniority since it gets these people out of uniform patrol. Seniority is King, job performance means nothing. But I was told that some who were even caught cheating on the test were promoted through the lawsuit, which doesn't surprise me at all.
    Why the surprise, it happens in alot of other cities.

ITS MORE than that- they city you work for ( agency) may still have an AA program that it wasn't meeting,and when the lawsuit went thru- the Dept "freaked " and did a knee jerk butt covering move,allowing maybe half the # who are capable candidates,but also allowing an equal # of knuckleheads! I hate to see anyone( no matter what race or sex) who is INCOMPETENT be promoted,but its not just incompetent Blks that are getting over in this "Game",and thats what is really bringing down L.E.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishluck31
    Thats the only reason they got promoted

Could they actually have leadership skills
    Yes, that is the only reason. The test takers were ranked by their scores. A number of people needed were taken from the top scoreres down and if your score fell beyond that number that was needed, you didn't get promoted. A lawsuit was filed by aome of the black officers who weren't promoted and a promotion was ordered by a judge and the entire group was promoted.
    It's no big deal to me, it helps me with seniority since it gets these people out of uniform patrol. Seniority is King, job performance means nothing. But I was told that some who were even caught cheating on the test were promoted through the lawsuit, which doesn't surprise me at all.
    Why the surprise, it happens in alot of other cities.
    Last edited by tony.o; 03-29-2007, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leopold99
    replied
    Why does every racial topic, no matter how is starts out, develops into inflammatory and defaming exchange pitting black and white members agianst each other?

because its easy to do. going the opposite way is the challenge.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    What about those that aren't considered for employment simply because they were black? No one here champions their cause. All of the racial stuff is tiring. This thread started out as white cops versus black citizens. Now someone is trying to turn into white cops versus black cops. Why do some forum members insist on portraying black people as the nemesis? Why does every racial topic, no matter how is starts out, develops into inflammatory and defaming exchange pitting black and white members agianst each other?

I was just being a little sarcastic, though the statement is true.

Leave a comment:

• leopold99
    replied
    Hmm... But what about the kids? Society would not accept them and they wouldn’t fit in on either side.
    maybe they could set a few precedents on domestic violence though.

Leave a comment:

• Ten Six
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by leopold99
    they should get married.
    Hmm... But what about the kids? Society would not accept them and they wouldn’t fit in on either side.

Leave a comment:

• Ten Six
    Guest replied
    Well, we recently had dozens promoted through a lawsuit because they were black.

Leave a comment:

• Irishluck31
    replied
    Well, we recently had dozens promoted through a lawsuit because they were black.

Thats the only reason they got promoted

Could they actually have leadership skills

Leave a comment:

• leopold99
    replied
    No more than David Duke.
    they should get married.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2375 users online. 155 members and 2220 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X