300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Entre Nous
    But if they did, I doubt all the white people on the board would feel they had to jump in and defend the hayseeds/thugs.

oohh, there'd be enough with their "statistics " on which race is the most criminal /most drugged out/ most screwed up,etc.And I'm actually surprised at you, "entre" ,you've been one of the most sensible and even minded commentators posting here- ON THING FOR SURE, you'll will NEVER find me justifying or PROTECTING Blk criminals or F'ups-
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-29-2007, 11:34 PM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31
      Whatever you say.

I'll add this and i am done with this thread because being white I am seriously disapointed with the "You only hate me because I am white excuse". Its old and it smell of rotten cheese and i and many others like me have had fairly good runs with our multi cutural agencies. I have been in LE and the Military for a total of 14 years (Combined) and i have seen a great deal of promotions and a great deal of people that get denied promotions for one reason or another. i was denied because of my Military status on 09-12-2001. Thats a whole nother thread. I know from personal experience that when people who feel they were wrong with regards to promotions they tend to make up excuses for why they did not get promoted. I am a no excuse guy. Its more likely they didnt get promoted because they didnt deserve it and its easier to point at the black man or women who did get promoted and say he got it because he is black, rather than admit they are a dumb *** and cant pass a fricken sgt's exam. Having said that and lit the flame, i will ask you this. Did you see the suit or are you taking the word of a bunch of angry white men that did not get promoted, because they got out tested. Answer honestly, did you actually hold a copy of the suit in your hand and read it or see the result of the suit in the local tabloid. if you did, give us the sight for the paper and let us all read it.
      There was a promotion list the and the top scorers were promoted. Some black officers who didn't make the cut off filed a suit saying that the test was biased against blacks. They filed a lawsuit, a judge ordered that these black officers must be promoted. A couple of weeks ago a promotion ceremony took place where only the black officers who were in on the lawsuit were promoted, which was about fifty.
      I don't have to have a copy of the suit in my hands to know what went on, I'm here. Everyone knows who ranked where when the list came out, I don't think the test scores were on the list, but the list was from the top score down. One can only be angry at oneself due to their own score.
      If I can find something on the web regarding this I'll get it to you.
      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

again ,Tony .O-read my post-something STINKS about that story you're telling- You mean to tell me that the ALL the Blk candidates did that poorly ? not ONE or two who could have been in amongst the TOP scorers for the promotion? If thats the case those Blks that did poorly on the promo exam DON'T qualify ,law suit or not!!!And that means your city PUNKED out on a winnable lawsuit or saw something was wrong in the promo process and rushed to fix it!!! if anyone on the list was passed up on a Bogus lawsuit like you're saying it is,they too have a good case to sue for( and I won't stand for that B.S. that those people won't for the "good of the Dept" or the "community" or to promote racial harmony in the ranks) see Bakke V.board of Regents of the Univ.of California ,438 US 265 ( 1978).discrimination based on race is WRONG (BOTH WAYS!!!!)
        Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-29-2007, 11:40 PM.
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
          oohh, there'd be enough with their "statistics " on which race is the most criminal /most drugged out/ most screwed up,etc.And I'm actually surprised at you, "entre" ,you've been one of the most sensible and even minded commentators posting here- ON THNIG FOR SURE, you'll will NEVER find me justifying or PROTECTING Blk criminals or F'ups-
          Thank you, DOA. I value your positive opinion, and I'm sorry if I've disappointed you.

I wasn't actually directing my comment in you in particular. I've just noticed that it seems to happen. For instance we consistently have an intelligent, articulate young black woman in the form of LongLegz who seems to think she has to defend criminals getting frisked on the street just because they're the same race, as well as obviously smart, well-educated black cops who will bicker endlessly with their "brothers in blue" over the rights of thugs that they would probably never associate with in real life.

I guess I'm just saying that as a white person, I will always find it hard to relate to that strong identification with race, or ever experience that sense of unity which would motivate me to come out fighting for whites, irish, italian, german,or whatever blood I may have in me.

Endless threads could be started on "white trash" and I'd be right in there complaining about them along with every one else. I wouldn't feel inclined to speak one word in their defense, even though maybe I should because it does reflect a stereotype. I have my problems with "white trash" myself, and I would never feel I had to get in an argument with anyone over them, just because we're the same color.
          Last edited by Entre Nous; 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

again ,Tony .O-read my post-something STINKS about that story you're telling- if anyone on the list was passed up on a Bogus lawsuit like you're saying it is,they too have a good case to sue for( and I won't stand for that B.S. that those people won't for the "good of the Dept" or the "community" or to promote racial harmony in the ranks) see Bakke V.board of Regents of the Univ.of California ,438 US 265 ( 1978).discrimination based on race is WRONG (BOTH WAYS!!!!)
            OK, I'm not understanding which part your not understanding, but I don't know if anyone else is planning a lawsuit. If this helps, from what I understand, the lawsuit was brought because of the claim test was culturally biased.
            There are a few posters on this site that work for the same dept, maybe they can explain it better.
            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

entre Nous- some people still have the stigma of race in them and it has made them bitter.My uncle- a former Blk Panther out of San Franscisco ,died a very angry and paranoid man( he refused to come to my Police graduation,saying it was a job for "dogs of the wht man"),while my dad looked on the 60's as what they were -a time in the past and kept on moving with his life.Many times its the same people who may have suffered the sting of racial discord,and who never got to taste the freedom and opportunities of todays society.While I may get angry with some assertions that Blk people are volunteering in droves to be criminals,I believe that its todays forced fed issues of "PC" that have caused a backlash in some people into thinking they are being cheated and kicked in the butts for not being a minority.civil rights movement is "just" 40 yrs old,and i actually had a Sgt(a goodhearted ,honest man) -now retired -who told me when he and officers could literally take a Hisp or blk man off the streets and beat the crap out of them "just becuase" without fear of punishment.It wasn't that long ago that people thought it was a womans job to stay home and cook and clean and make babies-now we have Female fighter pilots ,judges,corporate power brokers.I can also understand some folks frustration-often in L.A. I've seen crimes where I know for a FACT the victim was targeted becuase they were White,and this too disgusts me.all I ask for is that people be reasonable- you don't have to sit back and listen to "whitey is evil" -thats stone B.S. but don't pass the title of Blk = bad,or Hisp = "invader" on either.we need to do more than just acknowledge a bad situation-we need to talk about fixing it,or dealingwith it......
              Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-29-2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o
                OK, I'm not understanding which part your not understanding, but I don't know if anyone else is planning a lawsuit. If this helps, from what I understand, the lawsuit was brought because of the claim test was culturally biased.
                There are a few posters on this site that work for the same dept, maybe they can explain it better.
                tony.o -reread my post (#33)pls......and culturally "biased"???- did they come form Africa or Europe,or some country that totally different than TN????
                I can take a test for any agency in Ca. and pass it.we don't ask "cultural " questions,just some mathematics,general problem solving questions,grammatical,T/F, and maybe an essay or two- something ANY supposed H.S.. grad should be able to complete.Give us the date and info for the law suit and we all can "google" it ourselves.......
                Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-30-2007, 12:04 AM.

Comment

again ,Tony .O-read my post-something STINKS about that story you're telling- You mean to tell me that the ALL the Blk candidates did that poorly ? not ONE or two who could have been in amongst the TOP scorers for the promotion? If thats the case those Blks that did poorly on the promo exam DON'T qualify ,law suit or not!!!And that means your city PUNKED out on a winnable lawsuit or saw something was wrong in the promo process and rushed to fix it!!! if anyone on the list was passed up on a Bogus lawsuit like you're saying it is,they too have a good case to sue for( and I won't stand for that B.S. that those people won't for the "good of the Dept" or the "community" or to promote racial harmony in the ranks) see Bakke V.board of Regents of the Univ.of California ,438 US 265 ( 1978).discrimination based on race is WRONG (BOTH WAYS!!!!)
                  I didn't see this post. I never said, nor intended to give the impression, that all blacks did poorly on the test and that none were originally promoted. I know that about 50 did poorly on the test and were recently promoted. I don't know what the racial makeup of those who were originally promoted.

Comment

tony.o -reread my post (#33)pls......and culturally "biased"???- did they come form Africa or Europe,or some country that totally different than TN????
                    I can take a test for any agency in Ca. and pass it.we don't ask "cultural " questions,just some mathematics,general problem solving questions,grammatical,T/F, and maybe an essay or two- something ANY supposed H.S.. grad should be able to complete.Give us the date and info for the law suit and we all can "google" it ourselves.......
                    I don't keep up with department politics like most do because all everyone does is complain. I've tried to find out what exactly was in the test for someone to object too and all I've been able to find out is something about the grammer being geared towards favoring whites. Sounds rediculous, but after living in this city a while, nothing surprises me anymore. I plan on taking the next test when it's offered just to see whats on it.

Comment

DAcop38, clear some your private messages so I can send you info. Your box is too full.

Comment

Originally posted by Entre Nous
                        Thank you, DOA. I value your positive opinion, and I'm sorry if I've disappointed you.

I wasn't actually directing my comment in you in particular. I've just noticed that it seems to happen. For instance we consistently have an intelligent, articulate young black woman in the form of LongLegz who seems to think she has to defend criminals getting frisked on the street just because they're the same race, as well as obviously smart, well-educated black cops who will bicker endlessly with their "brothers in blue" over the rights of thugs that they would probably never associate with in real life.

I guess I'm just saying that as a white person, I will always find it hard to relate to that strong identification with race, or ever experience that sense of unity which would motivate me to come out fighting for whites, irish, italian, german,or whatever blood I may have in me.

Endless threads could be started on "white trash" and I'd be right in there complaining about them along with every one else. I wouldn't feel inclined to speak one word in their defense, even though maybe I should because it does reflect a stereotype. I have my problems with "white trash" myself, and I would never feel I had to get in an argument with anyone over them, just because we're the same color.
                        All of which is exactly the point. You don't get it. and there is nothing wrong with that.

One thing I find amazing is when that I can talk to white Texans I grew up with and we are on totally opposite sides of any given fence, but then I meet someone who is minority, but not black, and not even from Texas and we can instantly find much common ground.

That's because being different from the whole has an affect on you. Waking up one day at the age of 3 and realizing that you're black and most people on TV don't look like you is a shock I think every American born minority person can relate to, but one that will leave many many whites scratching their heads.

And look at the history (of blacks, not speaking for other minorities here), almost everything you deal with is in some way related to your race. African slavery in this hemisphere began because indentured servatude didn't work because White indentured servants could escape into the population and melt away, but africans couldn't do that.

Look at the experiaments done in the 60s and 70s about identification. white kids identifyed white dolls as "Dolls" and black dolls as "Black dolls". Black American kids did the exact same thing. But black African kids from majority black countries called the white dolls "white dolls" and the black dolls "just dolls". That's one of many reasons why Africans and African Americans don't usually see Eye to Eye about much, totally different ingrained point's of view.

Ok, I'm rambling, but the point is, things are differant when you are differant, so it's no wonder people who aren't (very much) differant from most everyone else can't relate the same way.

Comment

Racism ... it just sux

LOL, knew that thread was not going to end good. Unfortunately, we all deal with racism daily as officers. Regardless of what color you are as an officer your always going to be challenged by the opposite. I find reverse racism all the time, yet if you challenge a black person about it, the culture gets offended. Yet, let a white person wear a shirt that says, Its a White thing or lets have a month that we specifically call, White History Month, and see how many black people get upset. Its unfortunate but our youth today are lost. They want to get all tatted up, put a bunch of gold in their mouth, and sag their pants down to their knees, and act like folks they see on MTV, then can't understand why they are treated like thugs or criminals. And it doesn't matter what color of skin there is. My answer to the original question is simple, Do your job to the best of your ability and treat every one fairly based on the situation. Video cameras in cars, video phones, and cam corders have made a huge impact in weeding out bad cops. In todays law enforcement community, I think most officers don't do their job based on race. I hope most of us do it based on professionalism. Just my two cents. Be safe.

Comment

ignorance is everywhere, deal with it...but honestly. these lengthy, angry comments. doesnt it **** you off even more, that your so angry and have so much to say and then to top it all off, you have to type it? that would **** me off.
                            dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix
                              ignorance is everywhere, deal with it...but honestly. these lengthy, angry comments. doesnt it **** you off even more, that your so angry and have so much to say and then to top it all off, you have to type it? that would **** me off.
                              The best way to deal with ignorance is by ending it on a personal level and then by sharing that knowledge with others.

http://www.tolerance.org/

Comment

Screaming about any of the 'ism's is what my mother used to say was the "last resort of the ignorant." Whether it was sex, race, age or whatever, it usually means that someone couldn't come up with a decent argument for or against their actions. I don't respond to that bait.
                                Jerry
                                "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4359 users online. 300 members and 4059 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X