300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Lightbar

Got a question, my federal signal jetstrobe lightbar is getting very hazy and dirty, any good products that will bring it back to life and look like new?

First off, why the heck is your department using that old thing? It's the new millenium! LED's are where it's at!

In all seriousness, though, we use a plastic polish made by Mother's. Works wonders. You should be able to ask your garage staff to hook you up with something that'll do the trick.

Comment

haha

Yeah well I havent been on long enough to get a new led lightbar so have to make do with what they give me. Thanks for the help I will try some of that and see how it does.

Comment

Strobes? LEDs? Wow......you'll still find a lot of Street Hawk "big brick" light bars here - rotators and all.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Blue magic. It is a polish that takes the haze and swirls right out. I use it atleast once a month on my squad. We have takehome cars so I like to keep it looking new. About every two years we get new cars that include new lightbars and when I turn mine in the lightbar still looks close to new.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch

Strobes? LEDs? Wow......you'll still find a lot of Street Hawk "big brick" light bars here - rotators and all.
            MPD
            live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146
              About every two years we get new cars that include new lightbars and when I turn mine in the lightbar still looks close to new.
              Take home cars and new ones every other year? You must be living right.
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Plastix

Available at auto supply stores, works well on headlight lenses also.
                oc71

Comment

Mr UH60Fixer has several tow trucks, one of which had a terribly clouded plastic over all the signal lights (he buys em used and re-habs them, saves a ton for the new business) anyway, we've used all of the above products and they all work pretty well, provided the plastic gets regular maintenance (there's just no bringing back some of them) His favourite is the blu-magic stuff.
                  "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
                    Take home cars and new ones every other year? You must be living right.
                    Goodtimes! I just got back from vacation and my new squad is on the backlot getting ready to have the equipment put on. We switched to led bars this year so I am ready for it to be completed.

Comment

Originally posted by UH60fixer
                      provided the plastic gets regular maintenance (there's just no bringing back some of them).
                      In this lies the key.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6442 users online. 369 members and 6073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X