Clear All

• cogslave
    replied
    cleaning up
    Last edited by cogslave; 07-24-2007, 08:56 AM. Reason: just because

Leave a comment:

• grumpyjoe
    replied
    As a 17 year vet and a FTO, I have had things close to this happen to me. The food, dont ask for it and dont expect it. Try not to eat there too often. Looks bad. The bribe? Very bad. I dont think we would have made it past that. Long drive back to the station (with my foot up his ***) and have a nice chat with the shift OIC. Now just for ****s and giggles, lets say we did make it to the last one. As soon as I smelled his breath, I would ask him nicely to stop the car and called for the shift OIC to respond. When he/she got there I would inform them of what was going on and let them deal with it. But its hard for me to see us making it past the bribe.

Leave a comment:

• t150vsuptpr
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
    You're a veteran officer and an FTO. Because of certain intelligtence, your division has been put on alert - all two man units. You get teamed up with a guy you trained about three years ago. As far as you know, he has been a good cop; no complaints from fellow cops, nothing on the rumor mill.
    OK so far I see. I got dibs on driving, being senior and all.
    He is driving.
    When did he start driving? I got dibs on it.
    The two of you hit a drive through and he knows the guy. You get free drinks and half price on your burgers. You offer to pay full price but he growls at you and says just to shut up about it.
    I'll not make a stink yet. I also tell him this is partly why I drive, and that the next time I get out to take a dump, he stays out of my seat. I never did like something about him, and now I'm starting to see why. When he was training, I had to let him drive but not now. Now I drive, and this Burger Noodle never get's an order right and that guy over there at the fryer rack is one of the biggest crack heads in the county. Here, you keep the burgers, I'll just take my part of the money back. $h!t, even the drink is bad. All carbonated water, no syrup. Man, why do you come to this dump anyway?
    Then, later, you make a traffic stop, and he gets back in the car and clears, offering you a twenty - one of two, he received from the banker he just stopped, for blowing a stop sign. He got paid off.
    That's it, we don't go nowhere before I talk to a supervisor. Cry all you want a55hole, you just tried to screw the wrong guy. You were looking for a job when you found this one, and you'll be lookinbg again tomorrow if I have my way. Yes, his job is history. He has attempted to make me a party to his corrupted life. I wouldn't pi55 on him if his guts were on fire at this point.
    Finally, about an hour before end of watch, he stops at his house, comes back out after ten minutes and reeks of booze.
    We didn't get this far, so I can only guess this is several hours later and we have a replacement and this guy is as screwed up as the last, thank goodness he's not my former trainee. I don't think I could take it twice like that. Drinking on the job? Boy, you can either crawl your sorry a55 back into the house and call in sick now, or ride passenger with me. Oh no, I insist, I'm driving and that's the last I'll hear of it. When you screw up like this with me, you are also trying to screw me whether you meant to or not. What do you mean you're sorry, hell, I can figure that out myself. Where are we going? We are going by the office of course, I need gas. Hey ... wonder what the captain's car is doing here at this time of night. What do you mean "Screw the Captain?", he's OK. Come on in, he'll never notice that little smell.
    At the end of the night, your watch commander asks, " How was working with so and so? Did you guys get along okay? Any problems? Anything I need to know about?"

What SHOULD you say? What WOULD you really do?
    HI Capt'n, I won't ask what brings you up here ... but here, let me introduce "Trooper Ise Bin Drinking", it seems he's a short timer here too. Hey Ise, what's wrong, cat got your tongue? Talk to the man, tell him what you told me. Don't be bashful now.
    Yeah Capt'n, the misses is doing well, she's still got me coming home to her every day. Hey, you been riding the bike lately? Yeah, we got out some last weekend.
    Hey Capt'n, what's the chances of maybe getting some temporary help assigned here from other areas as we seem to have a couple more holes in the schedule and that means that those midnights will just come around more often.

Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 04-03-2007, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CGIS1
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16
    I just had a funny moment. I saw there were bars across all of the answer and it shocked me that someone would choose the option "Ethical violations are no big deal to me."
    you have to remember anyone can vote, so its not necessarily someone who is sworn.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    I just had a funny moment. I saw there were bars across all of the answer and it shocked me that someone would choose the option "Ethical violations are no big deal to me."

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    I would keep my mouth shut and, if possible, help cover up their wrongdoing so they don't get fired! After all it's a BROTHERHOOD.

NOT!....

I sided with the %60.53. Report and correct...hopefully. I would expect that I am held to a high standard by my colleagues and would make sure to reciprocate that.

Leave a comment:

• CGIS1
    replied
    If someone were to try that with me, I would see it as them trying to push me around... which I don't take too kindly too. As a federal agent, its my duty to hold to the highest standards, and while I may overlook something small (i'm not an ***!), taking bribes, drinking on the job ect.. is not only wrong, its dangerous, and it would be wrong of me to not take action.

Leave a comment:

• pujolsfan146
    replied
    You're a veteran officer and an FTO. Because of certain intelligtence, your division has been put on alert - all two man units. You get teamed up with a guy you trained about three years ago. As far as you know, he has been a good cop; no complaints from fellow cops, nothing on the rumor mill.

He is driving. The two of you hit a drive through and he knows the guy. You get free drinks and half price on your burgers. You offer to pay full price but he growls at you and says just to shut up about it.

Then, later, you make a traffic stop, and he gets back in the car and clears, offering you a twenty - one of two, he received from the banker he just stopped, for blowing a stop sign. He got paid off.

Finally, about an hour before end of watch, he stops at his house, comes back out after ten minutes and reeks of booze.

At the end of the night, your watch commander asks, " How was working with so and so? Did you guys get along okay? Any problems? Anything I need to know about?"

This would have been his last day on the department if he was with me. Although I don't agree with it the discounted meals would not have got me that upset. The moment he got back in my squad and offered me part of his bribe we would have driven straight back to the station and had a meeting with command. They can do what they want with him but he would not have been riding with me after that. Same same on the booze.

Leave a comment:

• MarineGrunt
    replied
    This one is easy Trooper. The only logical solution is to record the incidents and present to higher for firing. Not only is the person a liability to you but the entire dept. Plus, as I have learned from experience, the I.A. investigation of one person can lead to others being involved. Even if nothing was done wrong by the other officers they still have to get involved which is never wanted.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzPup
    replied

hmmm, well sounds like this two man unit change is a set up based on the information you provided. There may be some serious problems in that dept that are trying to be weeded out. This many violations and the increasing level of them lead me to believe he has been advised to review you for the night. A commander asking those specific questions is a red flag to this as well. If you dont fess up. You may have just raised some suspicion. If you do. You are still in the clear. In case this is not a set up, I would advise the commander that I believe such and such could benefit from a little couselling. Maybe his life is a disaster area right now. You can do what's right without being a total jerk about it, and in fact may be admired for your honesty and integrity while still having compassion.

Leave a comment:

• JPatrick
    replied
    The behavior, as you describe it, is deeply ingrained, and surely he's got to go. As for talking with the commander about it, yeah, you better come clean. Could be YOU are the one being tested.

Leave a comment:

• NY Troop
    replied
    Coruption

Very easy, the free or discounted meal happens all the time. I leave the cash or tip in the jar. The traffic stop ends with the offer of the twenty, we pull out and stop the driver who handed the twenty. Both arrested. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• TJF.au
    replied
    Originally posted by Fuzz
    Absolutely correct......this would have been the end of our sharing a car and I would already be on the phone with the Sgt or watch commander.
    Ditto! Fully agree there

Leave a comment:

• Rapax
    replied
    I would most likely smack the crap outta him, drive to the precinct and drop this piece of crap off. He is worthless and will ruin your career. Gotta throw him under the bus.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by Entre Nous
    Sounds like you've run into this issue as a counselor.
    I have a couple differant times. Not fun, but you have to do the right thing, period. I had a intern under me about a year ago tht thouht nothing of documenting that the client was doing wonderful, on task and making progress. The total oppisite was true, WHEN the client showed up...they slept in group, usually about 20 minutes late and never said a word. I stated tht you document the clients behavior - you never know when they are going to wipe out a Mcdonalds.

Two weeks after that conversation she got a call from the probation officer -that the client was in jail facing 35 to 99.........drunk, fighting and *accidently* killed someone. (and on probation for UUMV- 4 year term)

I asked her one question.....*how would you have backed that report up in court if you got subpeniad? she was speachless.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2849 users online. 159 members and 2690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X