Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exComptonCop
    replied
    A no brainer, this disgrace would surely be looking for a new line of work very soon

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Geezer
    replied
    In the script as you have presented it ... the lad would have to be thrown under the bus.

Leave a comment:

• ofc129
    replied
    The fact that the watch commander asked those particular questions should perk your ears to realize that someone, somewhere in the chain realizes something is not right with that officer.

As far as the food break, that's petty. Taking money from a citizen and getting drunk? I would have called a supervisor out right there. I don't ride with drunks when off-duty, I'm sure as hell not going to do it on-duty.

Is there really any question over what the right thing to do is? Geez.

Leave a comment:

• sockherman
    replied
    I haven't become a full blown officer yet, still have a few months left before that happens. But since this is an open forum, I'll use my right to post here. Personally I would say something about the drinking on the job and about the being paid off for a ticket. I wouldn't bring up the incident at the drive thru. But I'm not even a rookie yet

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    started a poll An Ethical Challange

An Ethical Challange

Ethical violations are no big deal to me.
    0.00%
    Ethical violations are unbecoming but none of my business
    0.00%
    Ethical violations should be reported but not by me.
    2.00%
    As an FTO, I should instruct ethics, but not report violations
    4.00%
    I have reported serious ethics violations but not all of them.
    40.00%
    As an FTO and leader, I would report any and all ethical violations I witness
    54.00%
    You're a veteran officer and an FTO. Because of certain intelligtence, your division has been put on alert - all two man units. You get teamed up with a guy you trained about three years ago. As far as you know, he has been a good cop; no complaints from fellow cops, nothing on the rumor mill.

He is driving. The two of you hit a drive through and he knows the guy. You get free drinks and half price on your burgers. You offer to pay full price but he growls at you and says just to shut up about it.

Then, later, you make a traffic stop, and he gets back in the car and clears, offering you a twenty - one of two, he received from the banker he just stopped, for blowing a stop sign. He got paid off.

Finally, about an hour before end of watch, he stops at his house, comes back out after ten minutes and reeks of booze.

At the end of the night, your watch commander asks, " How was working with so and so? Did you guys get along okay? Any problems? Anything I need to know about?"

What SHOULD you say? What WOULD you really do?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 299 members and 4199 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X