300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mobrien316
    The third situation is moot because it never would have made past accepting the bribe on the traffic stop.
    Absolutely correct......this would have been the end of our sharing a car and I would already be on the phone with the Sgt or watch commander.

Comment

Report it over a drink and off the record ask supervisors for advise then take it.

Comment

Key element here is ..... "because of certain intelligence" .... sounds like a no brainer.

And ..... it's the last time I ride with you!

Comment

You guys are too good! Indeed, the trick was all of the questions asked by the watch commander and, the "intelligence."

You guys have my playbook. Staqnd by for more!
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee
            I train and report what I need to, but not the petty crap. but it all comes out in the wash later.
            Sounds like you've run into this issue as a counselor.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Originally posted by Entre Nous
              Sounds like you've run into this issue as a counselor.
              I have a couple differant times. Not fun, but you have to do the right thing, period. I had a intern under me about a year ago tht thouht nothing of documenting that the client was doing wonderful, on task and making progress. The total oppisite was true, WHEN the client showed up...they slept in group, usually about 20 minutes late and never said a word. I stated tht you document the clients behavior - you never know when they are going to wipe out a Mcdonalds.

Two weeks after that conversation she got a call from the probation officer -that the client was in jail facing 35 to 99.........drunk, fighting and *accidently* killed someone. (and on probation for UUMV- 4 year term)

I asked her one question.....*how would you have backed that report up in court if you got subpeniad? she was speachless.
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

I would most likely smack the crap outta him, drive to the precinct and drop this piece of crap off. He is worthless and will ruin your career. Gotta throw him under the bus.
                "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
                Office Space

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz
                  Absolutely correct......this would have been the end of our sharing a car and I would already be on the phone with the Sgt or watch commander.
                  Ditto! Fully agree there

Comment

Coruption

Very easy, the free or discounted meal happens all the time. I leave the cash or tip in the jar. The traffic stop ends with the offer of the twenty, we pull out and stop the driver who handed the twenty. Both arrested. End of story.

Comment

The behavior, as you describe it, is deeply ingrained, and surely he's got to go. As for talking with the commander about it, yeah, you better come clean. Could be YOU are the one being tested.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                        At the end of the night, your watch commander asks, " How was working with so and so? Did you guys get along okay? Any problems? Anything I need to know about?"

What SHOULD you say? What WOULD you really do?
                        hmmm, well sounds like this two man unit change is a set up based on the information you provided. There may be some serious problems in that dept that are trying to be weeded out. This many violations and the increasing level of them lead me to believe he has been advised to review you for the night. A commander asking those specific questions is a red flag to this as well. If you dont fess up. You may have just raised some suspicion. If you do. You are still in the clear. In case this is not a set up, I would advise the commander that I believe such and such could benefit from a little couselling. Maybe his life is a disaster area right now. You can do what's right without being a total jerk about it, and in fact may be admired for your honesty and integrity while still having compassion.
                        "That boys cheese dun slid off his cracker!"

Comment

This one is easy Trooper. The only logical solution is to record the incidents and present to higher for firing. Not only is the person a liability to you but the entire dept. Plus, as I have learned from experience, the I.A. investigation of one person can lead to others being involved. Even if nothing was done wrong by the other officers they still have to get involved which is never wanted.
                          Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                            You're a veteran officer and an FTO. Because of certain intelligtence, your division has been put on alert - all two man units. You get teamed up with a guy you trained about three years ago. As far as you know, he has been a good cop; no complaints from fellow cops, nothing on the rumor mill.

He is driving. The two of you hit a drive through and he knows the guy. You get free drinks and half price on your burgers. You offer to pay full price but he growls at you and says just to shut up about it.

Then, later, you make a traffic stop, and he gets back in the car and clears, offering you a twenty - one of two, he received from the banker he just stopped, for blowing a stop sign. He got paid off.

Finally, about an hour before end of watch, he stops at his house, comes back out after ten minutes and reeks of booze.

At the end of the night, your watch commander asks, " How was working with so and so? Did you guys get along okay? Any problems? Anything I need to know about?"

What SHOULD you say? What WOULD you really do?
                            This would have been his last day on the department if he was with me. Although I don't agree with it the discounted meals would not have got me that upset. The moment he got back in my squad and offered me part of his bribe we would have driven straight back to the station and had a meeting with command. They can do what they want with him but he would not have been riding with me after that. Same same on the booze.
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

If someone were to try that with me, I would see it as them trying to push me around... which I don't take too kindly too. As a federal agent, its my duty to hold to the highest standards, and while I may overlook something small (i'm not an ***!), taking bribes, drinking on the job ect.. is not only wrong, its dangerous, and it would be wrong of me to not take action.

Comment

I would keep my mouth shut and, if possible, help cover up their wrongdoing so they don't get fired! After all it's a BROTHERHOOD.

NOT!....

I sided with the %60.53. Report and correct...hopefully. I would expect that I am held to a high standard by my colleagues and would make sure to reciprocate that.
                                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3693 users online. 248 members and 3445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X