300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Why am I looking at an article on the front page of this web site regarding an officer pushing a teenager? Has this profession been reduced to the point that this is news worthy? Even if this is a legitimate complaint by the boys mother, why does it get into the main stream media. It makes me sick that we in law enforcement have been reduced to this point. No injury reported, not a big deal, and it somehow makes it into the paper. When will the day come when I have to have a reporter riding with me for the entire shift to make sure I do nothing even remotely wrong? Oh thats right thats what the cameras are for. Thank GOD I can see the light at the end of (my career) the tunnel.

Troop, I dont know how long you been on, sound like awhile BUT you know, I know, Tim Dees knows EVERY GOOD COP KNOWS...

GOOD SOLID POLICE WORK DOESNT MAKE MONEY FOR THE PAPERS.
    They like controversy, they like bad cops gone wild, they like Britney with no hair, Paris Hilton wasteoid crashing her $220,000 Bently GTC, they like Cops beating bartenders.

A cop that delivers a baby on the side of the road MIGHT get 3 lines on page 600....
    Stay safe and enjoy the end of the tunnel
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
      Troop, I dont know how long you been on, sound like awhile BUT you know, I know, Tim Dees knows EVERY GOOD COP KNOWS...

GOOD SOLID POLICE WORK DOESNT MAKE MONEY FOR THE PAPERS.
      They like controversy, they like bad cops gone wild, they like Britney with no hair, Paris Hilton wasteoid crashing her $220,000 Bently GTC, they like Cops beating bartenders.

A cop that delivers a baby on the side of the road MIGHT get 3 lines on page 600....
      Stay safe and enjoy the end of the tunnel
      This is undoubtedly true. Anything negative, the media will chew up, but post something like a purple teacher killing 5 green students in an all blue people community and it hits national news.

While it is good to report things that are bad news, the media is too driven on showing negative images; it is as if, to show the news the main criteria has to be negative rather than positive. But that's me.

Comment

From what i read of the article, (and this is coming from a civilian, so sue me. ) I don't see how the cop had justification to push the kid off of the fence. Now, my knowledge is limited of course, and that could have been a legal response, but from what i think i know (which isn't much) i don't see how that works. :P
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk
          From what i read of the article, (and this is coming from a civilian, so sue me. ) I don't see how the cop had justification to push the kid off of the fence. Now, my knowledge is limited of course, and that could have been a legal response, but from what i think i know (which isn't much) i don't see how that works. :P
          This is not about an officer pushing a kid off a fence. Why did it make the news?

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk
            Not a knock on you LCPL, but your post actually summed up the entire problem. Police work is the only job where so many people who have NEVER done the job "know" how to do it better than those that actually work it.

That, in a nutshell is why stuff like this makes the headlines versus the Fayetville police who pulled a guy from a burning car.

Comment

No knock taken, but i'm still failing to see how the officer had justification to push the kid. Not saying he didn't have the authority to do so, but i'm just trying to see how he had that legal authority.

Please don't think i'm trying to badmouth the Officer, I am just trying to better my knowledge of potential situations I may enounter myself.
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

The fact is that the article shows hardly anything. Even if it provided us with both to kids side AND the officers side (which it doesn't) we would still be missing something. The only way we would know the entire situation was if we were there for everything between the initial 911 call to the officer going 10-8.

Comment

What's to say the officer "pushed" the kid? Perhaps he motioned at him and the kid was just clumsy. Perhaps the kid fell and the officer reached for him, then mommy only thought she could put two and two together. I've decided to not even read trash like that. Like it was said, why is that news? God forbid it had been a white officer and an ethnic youth. Then we'd have had a full blown hate crime. Unreal. Doesn't matter, I'm still pursuing this career regardless of the media and the pathetic PC world this is becoming.

Comment

Well, apparently there was a video of the action so assuming we have to assume what is written is correct. :P

Although honestly, we really don't, but since that's all we know i'm assuming that's what we go by.

Comment

I gunna get flak for this but I say it's another example of attack of the liberal media. I bet a hippie using a plastic bag in San Francisco will be news soon. Oh the controversy!

http://www.break.com/index/officer_p...to_bushes.html

Comment

Even law-abiding people resent authority figures a little, and nothing is more satisfying than to watch an authority figure mess up. By citing the miscondict of the cops, the policed get to feel a bit more superior and righteous, and their own sins are dimishished. A hundred years ago, Emile Durkheim postulated that this need to feel morally superior to someone else is the reason we have criminals laws and criminals - by classifying someone as less righteous than ourselves, we become more righteous in comparison. Don't expect this to change anytime soon.
                        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Never mind............Not worth the bother.
                          Last edited by Sgt. Geezer; 03-29-2007, 12:21 PM.
                          Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                          Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but the little media here on it (and it may have been from officer.com that i saw it) was the members were chasing the "lovely innocent child's" father for a crime. When they spoke to "angel" he fired up and it went wrong from there. I bet that part of the tape is missing!
                            Again there are two sides to every story, unless your name starts with officer/ constable/trooper/sheriff or above....!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4120 users online. 245 members and 3875 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X