300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 years ago today..

Today as I got up and looked into the mirror and saw the scar over my left eye, as I do every day it reminded me of a night 43 years ago where I came so close to having my name on the memorial wall.. A family disturbance late at night, turns violent, my partner has his gun taken away and seconds later the gun is against my head and fired. Thankfully I was only shot thru my left eyebrow..Just a different angle and I would have been killed...There isn't a day that has gone by all these 43 years that I am so thankful to be alive and my sons don't have to visit their dad at a memorial wall..
    Retired LASD

Glad you survived the encounter!
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Wow. Someone was watching over you that night. Glad you're still with us!

Comment

I might add , the suspect did not survive,,,,The only sad part of that night so long ago, he died in front of his wife and two small children.
        Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          Today as I got up and looked into the mirror and saw the scar over my left eye, as I do every day it reminded me of a night 43 years ago where I came so close to having my name on the memorial wall.. A family disturbance late at night, turns violent, my partner has his gun taken away and seconds later the gun is against my head and fired. Thankfully I was only shot thru my left eyebrow..Just a different angle and I would have been killed...There isn't a day that has gone by all these 43 years that I am so thankful to be alive and my sons don't have to visit their dad at a memorial wall..
          wow
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm glad you're here, brother.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

It is definitely humbling to know of the close calls we have encountered, but it would blow our minds if we knew of all the events that "could have been", where "they" didn't follow through with the attack, and we were completely unaware of it. GOD is good! Thank you for sharing Retired, and yep, I'm glad you're still around.

Comment

Not only am I glad that you are here. But I am sure there is a wife, son(s)/daughter(s) brothers and sisters, mother and father, cousins and countless other cared ones who are so grateful to have formed many lasting memories they otherwise may not have had over the past 43 years.

Here's to 43 more strong years!!!! Enjoy that pension buddy. Remember, you get paid to NOT come to work now. If we (come visit Chicago) ever meet, first round is on me brother.

Comment

Glad that you are here to write this. That was a close dance with the Reaper.
                  In God We Trust
                  Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Holy S**T!
                    That caused a nightmare or two didn't it?
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9939 users online. 430 members and 9509 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X