300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about PORAC

I am looking for Officers that have had experience with Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC). Any information/experiences that would assist in making an informed decision regarding their capabilities and value as the representation for the rank and file.

Specifically; Do they provide quality service? Any problems that you are aware of? How are their negotiators? Are they responsive? If it was your decision, would you have them as your representation?

Thank you for your response.
    Mud Puppy
    Oderint Dum Metuant"Let them hate, so long as they fear"

Everything I have heard about PORAC is very positive. I wish my agency would go to PORAC for negotations and discipline - as it is, PORAC will provide an attorney if we get charged with a crime in the line of duty. There are different plans for representation with PORAC. PORAC has the best attorneys on retainer, and most of them specialize in representing police officers. If I was in trouble, Mike Rains or Mike Stone would be my first choice of attorneys, and both are on PORAC's list. Every month, the PORAC magazine has several articles about PORAC attorneys shoving BS discipline cases up some chief's rear end. Definitely go with PORAC.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

2nd what ateamer said..

Mike Rains all the way.
      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
      -- John Wayne

Comment

Thanks for your quick responses. Some of us are very frustrated with our current system, which is basically a very highly paid springboard for promotion. Do to recent events it seems like a good time to effect change.
        Last edited by Mud Puppy; 03-27-2007, 12:18 PM. Reason: Clarification
        Oderint Dum Metuant"Let them hate, so long as they fear"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5692 users online. 340 members and 5352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X